E90Post
 


PYSPEED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > LED angel eye



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #1
kavadarci
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: canada

Posts: 561
iTrader: (0)

LED angel eye

My appologies if this has been asked before but:
i have no name led angel eyes upgrade and the inner circle is nice and bright but the outter circle is barely noticable and the rings on a sunny days you can't even see them.

my questions are:
Is this because my led ring light is too weak and would lux h8 lid both rings fully and be visible day time?
i have 09 335 sedan.

Thank you.
kavadarci is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
rollinstone157
Brotographer
 
rollinstone157's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 328i xDrive Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ, USA

Posts: 1,694
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavadarci View Post
My appologies if this has been asked before but:
i have no name led angel eyes upgrade and the inner circle is nice and bright but the outter circle is barely noticable and the rings on a sunny days you can't even see them.

my questions are:
Is this because my led ring light is too weak and would lux h8 lid both rings fully and be visible day time?
i have 09 335 sedan.

Thank you.
Will the LUXs be better than what you have no in terms of evenness and brightness? Answer: Yes
Will the LUX's be as good as the E92 LCI/new LED BMW angel eye rings? Answer: No
Will the LUX's be visible in the day time? From certain angles it will look washed out, but from the perspective of most other drivers, they will be even and visible.

If you want something equal to or greater than the E92 LCI's in terms of brightness, and evenness, you're going to need full-LED rings, from OSS, ONEighty, or BavX LS3. Alternatively, you can buy Umnitza rings (what OSS uses) or the ONEighty ORB rings (what ONEighty uses) and try to install them yourself. And even more DIY-r then that, you can buy individual tiny leds, glue them to your rings, solder them all up, and go.
__________________
Reviews -|- HPB "Ultimate" LED Interior Kit -|- Noyka Cornering Bulbs -|- HPB 20W AE [OLD] -|- LUX H8 V4 -|- New Reviews Pending Vendor Approval
rollinstone157 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-03-2012, 11:13 AM   #3
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
LuxAngelEyes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, CT

Posts: 3,017
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone157 View Post
Will the LUXs be better than what you have no in terms of evenness and brightness? Answer: Yes
Will the LUX's be as good as the E92 LCI/new LED BMW angel eye rings? Answer: No
Will the LUX's be visible in the day time? From certain angles it will look washed out, but from the perspective of most other drivers, they will be even and visible.

If you want something equal to or greater than the E92 LCI's in terms of brightness, and evenness, you're going to need full-LED rings, from OSS, ONEighty, or BavX LS3. Alternatively, you can buy Umnitza rings (what OSS uses) or the ONEighty ORB rings (what ONEighty uses) and try to install them yourself. And even more DIY-r then that, you can buy individual tiny leds, glue them to your rings, solder them all up, and go.

+1
LuxAngelEyes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #4
e90postlogin
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: justice, AL

Posts: 45
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone157 View Post
Will the LUXs be better than what you have no in terms of evenness and brightness? Answer: Yes
Will the LUX's be as good as the E92 LCI/new LED BMW angel eye rings? Answer: No
Will the LUX's be visible in the day time? From certain angles it will look washed out, but from the perspective of most other drivers, they will be even and visible.

If you want something equal to or greater than the E92 LCI's in terms of brightness, and evenness, you're going to need full-LED rings, from OSS, ONEighty, or BavX LS3. Alternatively, you can buy Umnitza rings (what OSS uses) or the ONEighty ORB rings (what ONEighty uses) and try to install them yourself. And even more DIY-r then that, you can buy individual tiny leds, glue them to your rings, solder them all up, and go.


go with OSS - no other rings are brighter, they look brighter than the originals
OSS even told me they are working on an OEM system that could dim the angel eyes at night just like stock angel eyes
e90postlogin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #5
kavadarci
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: canada

Posts: 561
iTrader: (0)

I have 2009 335xi sedan, doesn't take make it LCI?
kavadarci is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #6
edirtaynine
Major General
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SoCal

Posts: 6,094
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavadarci View Post
I have 2009 335xi sedan, doesn't take make it LCI?
yeah but if you have halogen headlights, the angel eyes on those are weaksauce.
edirtaynine is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #7
kavadarci
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: canada

Posts: 561
iTrader: (0)

i have HID for the main lights but the angel eyes are halogen.
kavadarci is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #8
edirtaynine
Major General
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SoCal

Posts: 6,094
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavadarci View Post
i have HID for the main lights but the angel eyes are halogen.
oh i think BMW switched to LED angel eyes in 2011? dont remember exactly. but even if you have an LCI, the sedan didnt get it til later i think. the e92 lci got it, but the e92 lci also came out after the e90 lci.
edirtaynine is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #9
kavadarci
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: canada

Posts: 561
iTrader: (0)

Thank you.
kavadarci is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2012, 09:18 PM   #10
E90Company
Major General
 
E90Company's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

Posts: 6,142
iTrader: (2)

I think the sedan got LED angel eyes with the f30 only
__________________
E90 N54 6AT
E90Company is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST