E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > Greetings

05-14-2012, 09:34 AM   #1
BMWseeker
Private

Drives: none

Greetings

Hi guys,

I just came to Hong Kong not too long ago, and am itching to get a car here, but then I found out that the prices are quite ridiculous compared to Canada where I used to live.

So I started looking at 2nd hand cars. But as I read from other forums and here, it's hard to find a dealer that one can trust...

And would financing be a good option in Hong Kong?

Thanks in advance
      05-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
little_croco
Colonel

Drives: E90 330i Monaco Blue/Beige

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [3.00]
Send a message via ICQ to little_croco Send a message via MSN to little_croco Send a message via Yahoo to little_croco Send a message via Skype™ to little_croco
Welcome to the group and to HK.

You can search for any good choices in 28car.com first to see if there are some you like. Depends on the price tag then you can consider if you need financing.

Good luck to your search!
E90 330i VB32 Monaco Blue/Beige/BurledWalnut - Prodrive GC-014I Forged 18" 8.5J/9.5J British Black + Michelin PSS 225/255 + Bilstein PSS10 + H&R ARBs + ACS bodykit + Brembo Gran Turismo Brake Kit 355-6F/345-4R + Rogue Engineering IKON exhaust kit + Simota Intake V2 + MFD Scoops + Blackline w/ red bulbs + PIAA H11 4700K fog + PIAA 6500K White Angel Eyes + MTEC 7000K license plate LED + GS-55 front doors LED + Valentine-1
little_croco is offline   Hong Kong
      05-14-2012, 09:24 PM   #3
akhter
Major

Drives: F10 LCI 520i Sophisto Grey

Garage List
Financing is fairly easy and painless. When you get a used car, try to get a car that was imported by BMWHK and not by a parallel importer.
Sold E36 328i Jet Black|NYC
      05-15-2012, 02:22 AM   #4
BMWseeker
Private

Drives: none

thanks guys,

I looked at 28car.com, there are... surprisingly, many choices. I see some which seemed to be "dealer" cars and some that are "private" cars. Which one is better? I am assuming private means they are selling it as owners.

A 323i is quite expensive here as well, even a used one. Is the engine the same as that as Canada? (namely it has around 200 hp)?

And if I should do financing, who do I contact for financing options? And what sort of documentation do I need (my job will commence in HK in a couple of months).

Thanks guys
      05-15-2012, 02:30 AM   #5
ny911
Captain

Drives: R35/981 CS

Send a message via MSN to ny911
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWseeker View Post
thanks guys,

I looked at 28car.com, there are... surprisingly, many choices. I see some which seemed to be "dealer" cars and some that are "private" cars. Which one is better? I am assuming private means they are selling it as owners.

A 323i is quite expensive here as well, even a used one. Is the engine the same as that as Canada? (namely it has around 200 hp)?

And if I should do financing, who do I contact for financing options? And what sort of documentation do I need (my job will commence in HK in a couple of months).

Thanks guys
The dealers know how to do business and make money. They would lower the price with financing at higher rate,which turns out the same or even higher the total sum. You have to know a car slot for them to sell a car is more expensive than those in Canada.

I suggest you looking for those private sales and check the financing options on your own (by banks or insurance/financing agents).
ny911 is offline   Hong Kong