E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Car got stolen

05-12-2012, 08:19 AM   #45
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: Bimmerscoding.com

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTDOG View Post
sorry dude that sux!, i hate that shit. its very easy to pick door lock and then they plug right into OBD. put a kill switch on your next car. thats why i dont mess with posts about free coding or bs shops, cant trust people
What does shops and coding have to do with his car getting jacked! If you actually do the research and look at post counts and peoples feedback, that should answer your worries. But enough of that! Car was taken not by tow truck. Most likely drive away because most cars stolen are with key fobs Emulators, at least that's whAt I have been seeing lately

cn555ic is offline   United_States
      05-12-2012, 08:21 AM   #46
BreakPoint
Banned

Drives: E92 M3

The car has been located, in one piece, not stolen. Apparently it was "relocated" due to filming. Ill let the OP expain. All can rest easy...
BreakPoint is offline   United_States
      05-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #47
cn555ic

WOW Mad lucky! Glad it turned out to be something stupid like this...Taking someones car for filming! If there was a production that is taking place a certain time, it should have been posted all over the streets. I wonder was there signs and OP didnt see or read it. Either way glad it turned out good.

05-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #48
udm328i
Second Lieutenant

Drives: '08 328i coupe SprklnGraphite

Garage List
2008 BMW 328i  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTDOG View Post
sorry dude that sux!, i hate that shit. its very easy to pick door lock and then they plug right into OBD. put a kill switch on your next car. thats why i dont mess with posts about free coding or bs shops, cant trust people
What does shops and coding have to do with his car getting jacked! If you actually do the research and look at post counts and peoples feedback, that should answer your worries. But enough of that! Car was taken not by tow truck. Most likely drive away because most cars stolen are with key fobs Emulators, at least that's whAt I have been seeing lately
yea i guess i'm just paranoid, but i have had a truck broken into and a gsxr stolen
      05-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #49
BX TT3
MAAD HEAD

Drives: Sex on 19 inch Wheels

Garage List
08 BMW X5 4.8 (Wife)  [0.00]
07 525xi  [0.00]
07 335i  [4.63]
neverstolen.com
good shit look into it

Dinan S2 & JB4 G5, Spearco IC & Up pipe, RR-DP, BMS Dual Air Intake, Forge Diverter Valves, P3 Vent Boost Gauge, Custom Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMS OCC, JIC Cross Coils, M3 Front & Rear suspension upgrade, Meyle HD tie Rods
Turbo Upgrade Next...
BX TT3 is offline   No_Country
      05-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #50
hemi to e90
dat boost doe

Drives: 10 335i, 12 a8, 14 899, 10 zr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX TT3 View Post
neverstolen.com
good shit look into it
doesnt prevent a tow.
      05-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #51
Lowkey335
Banned

Drives: 07 e92 335i/04 e46 M3/11 SRX-4

Yeah I was about to say that I called BS on this story.....You guys are all of the wall with the car-theft ring bs.....nobody steals luxury cars like that. People do insurance jobs on them because of the loss they take on owning cars like that. I mean really, this car had 400 miles on it? Who cares if it got stolen? Insurance pays for a new one.....nobody is attached to anything after 400 miles. Now if it was an e30 M3 or something kinda rare, different story. Bottom line, if they want your shit......they will take it.
      05-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #52
hemi to e90
dat boost doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowkey335 View Post
Yeah I was about to say that I called BS on this story.....You guys are all of the wall with the car-theft ring bs.....nobody steals luxury cars like that. People do insurance jobs on them because of the loss they take on owning cars like that. I mean really, this car had 400 miles on it? Who cares if it got stolen? Insurance pays for a new one.....nobody is attached to anything after 400 miles. Now if it was an e30 M3 or something kinda rare, different story. Bottom line, if they want your shit......they will take it.
      05-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #53
mave198
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Glad to hear

But I was suspicious that it was towed, not stolen. Even with the stories u hear stealing these cars are not easy. I didn't even bother paying for a alarm.
      05-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #54
cn555ic

Wow. I guess my friends M6 and his wife's Mercedes truck just disappeared from this driveway from aliens. To this day the cars have no trace of them. Sorry to burst your bubble but this is not something I am talking shit about

05-12-2012, 01:55 PM   #55
hemi to e90
dat boost doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Wow. I guess my friends M6 and his wife's Mercedes truck just disappeared from this driveway from aliens. To this day the cars have no trace of them. Sorry to burst your bubble but this is not something I am talking shit about
im letting it go.
      05-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #56
ChiquiP
Registered

Drives: 2012 335i Cabriolet

Car was a few blocks away. They moved it and failed to process it accordingly. I went through a day of hell, filed report, insurance claim, everything. My original instinct was that it had been towed as well but once the actual police tells you "sorry your car was stolen" there's not much you do except start accepting it. Car is 100% except for some reason it was extremely dirty.
      05-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #57
mobilejo
Second Lieutenant

Drives: e70 3.0d

Quote:
You are VERY far off the money on this one. Look at the UK side of this forum and any other UK BMW forum and see the pages & pages of "stolen BMW's" threads.

As mentioned in this thread, the thieves have BMW equipment that can code a blank key to any BMW with the 2005 onwards pushbutton start system. They get into the car by whatever means they choose (some break windows, some look for unlocked cars, some use other methods), once in the car they connect to the OBD port and in minutes their blank key is coded to your car and they're off.

Its a pretty huge epidemic over here right now with mainly 2008+ cars being targeted but it works on all pushbutton start BMW's.

My neighbour had the equipment for a while and he was doing replacement keys for people - I saw him do one for a guy who wanted a spare key. He sold his kit on ebay.

The equipment is not hard to get hold of by the fact that my neighbour who is just a regular Joe managed to get his hands on it.

I expect sooner or later it will start in the U.S., but heres a UK forum thread to get you started http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...=20&mid=0&nmt=
      05-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #58
RSNGH
OEM Performance parts

Drives: N54

the thread was getting very serious lol but glad the droptop was relocated
RSNGH is offline   United_States
      05-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #59
HanSolo
FK JEFF

Drives: your mom wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Guess your WRONG....stop believing everything you see on Youtube...lmao..

i see cars get towed left and right around the MEPA...alot of the signs around that area are deceiving...NO PARKING After midnight or Parking only till 8PM etc...
for a car to be stolen around 7-11PM...thats peak hours for MEPA, tons of people on the streets....tough...

if you were gonna steal a car...at least steal one that is a exotic...lmao

OP..glad you got your car back...

05-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #60
hemi to e90
dat boost doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejo View Post
You are VERY far off the money on this one. Look at the UK side of this forum and any other UK BMW forum and see the pages & pages of "stolen BMW's" threads.

As mentioned in this thread, the thieves have BMW equipment that can code a blank key to any BMW with the 2005 onwards pushbutton start system. They get into the car by whatever means they choose (some break windows, some look for unlocked cars, some use other methods), once in the car they connect to the OBD port and in minutes their blank key is coded to your car and they're off.

Its a pretty huge epidemic over here right now with mainly 2008+ cars being targeted but it works on all pushbutton start BMW's.

My neighbour had the equipment for a while and he was doing replacement keys for people - I saw him do one for a guy who wanted a spare key. He sold his kit on ebay.

The equipment is not hard to get hold of by the fact that my neighbour who is just a regular Joe managed to get his hands on it.

I expect sooner or later it will start in the U.S., but heres a UK forum thread to get you started http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...=20&mid=0&nmt=
lol people dont like facts in arguments on this side of the pond.

let me insert the "cars dont get stolen here", "why dont you steal exotics", "bmws have thwarted thieves years ago".

again, my cousin was just like this right up until his cls63 got jacked in under 8 minutes.
      05-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #61
bimmerboi19
Private First Class

Drives: Alpine White 335i

That's great news man glad u got it back in one piece. Im just wondering since u filed a police report and everything does that mean it will come up on the carfax history report?
That would suck if u had a salvaged title from this (mistake)...?
      05-13-2012, 11:25 PM   #62
hemi to e90
dat boost doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboi19 View Post
That's great news man glad u got it back in one piece. Im just wondering since u filed a police report and everything does that mean it will come up on the carfax history report?
That would suck if u had a salvaged title from this (mistake)...?
thats not how a salvaged title works.
      05-14-2012, 07:11 AM   #63
my_blue_335
That Guy

Drives: '14 535xi M Sport

Garage List
get the police report and call BMW assist - they should be able to tell where it is...
or at least in the general area....
if its in a container, your almost SOL
      05-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #64
mobilejo
Second Lieutenant

Drives: e70 3.0d

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_blue_335 View Post
get the police report and call BMW assist - they should be able to tell where it is...
or at least in the general area....
if its in a container, your almost SOL

05-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #65
Bogo Shipyo
Colonel

Drives: 335i coupe

Quote:

hahaha not for nothing - ive seen CAMRYs civics teggys lang cruiser being stolen in the theft ring BS and i guess people dont steal luxury cars like that.

With the e90 and e92 being one of the hottest selling car in the decade i wouldnt be surprise that it becomes one of the hottest car listed on the black market
      05-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #66
Genek335
Captain

Drives: 335

WOW, last year in Mil Basin - Brooklyn, a friend had his m6 conv stolen from his driveway and that same day an M5 was stolen from somewhere in flatbush. He said a day prior, there was a suspicious car parked with a guy holding a laptop in it. I am guessing he waited for the signal when the fob was pressed. Crazy

One useless function of BMW Assist is that you need a police report to track it... it is already overseas by then.
Genek335 is offline   United_States