E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Which Tune Are You Running Now??



View Poll Results: Which tune are you running now?
Cobb 71 25.27%
JB 98 34.88%
PROcede 94 33.45%
Dinan 2 0.71%
GIAC 7 2.49%
Noelle 1 0.36%
Other 8 2.85%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-14-2012, 10:37 AM   #45
bryce
Banned
57
Rep
3,177
Posts

 
Drives: zhp 3-pedal
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
^thanks. yes, i was banned. this website is too political

you'll love the procede. it's honestly the best tune out right now for the n54. once cobb releases user-tunable software, i might look into cobb again for a custom dyno tune. even then, however, i doubt it will drive as well as the procede does.

direct wastegate control = so much win on the procede. you'll see
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #46
themyst
Major General
themyst's Avatar
South Korea
86
Rep
6,602
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i LCI
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to themyst
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
^thanks. yes, i was banned. this website is too political

you'll love the procede. it's honestly the best tune out right now for the n54. once cobb releases user-tunable software, i might look into cobb again for a custom dyno tune. even then, however, i doubt it will drive as well as the procede does.

direct wastegate control = so much win on the procede. you'll see
I ran all three tunes. I'm sure u don't care for my opinion.
__________________
E90 LCI N54 6AT
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #47
bryce
Banned
57
Rep
3,177
Posts

 
Drives: zhp 3-pedal
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
I ran all three tunes. I'm sure u don't care for my opinion.
if you share an unbiased opinion, props. i'll gladly receive that without any bias of my own. i'd ask when the last time you ran the procede was (IE have you ran the aggressive maps yet?)
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 10:49 AM   #48
cstavaru
Brigadier General
cstavaru's Avatar
94
Rep
3,237
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i M Sport Sedan 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bucharest, Romania

iTrader: (0)

Could it be that piggybacks are gaining ground again over some popular flash tunes ? The Procede and JB4 tuners do seem the ones that are the most interested to get the best out of the N54. The other tuners have so many platforms that they need to take care of, that the N54 is not receiving the love it deserves.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #49
themyst
Major General
themyst's Avatar
South Korea
86
Rep
6,602
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i LCI
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to themyst
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
if you share an unbiased opinion, props. i'll gladly receive that without any bias of my own. i'd ask when the last time you ran the procede was (IE have you ran the aggressive maps yet?)
How can one be unbiased? We all switched tunes for one reason or another.
__________________
E90 LCI N54 6AT
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #50
bryce
Banned
57
Rep
3,177
Posts

 
Drives: zhp 3-pedal
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru View Post
Could it be that piggybacks are gaining ground again over some popular flash tunes ? The Procede and JB4 tuners do seem the ones that are the most interested to get the best out of the N54. The other tuners have so many platforms that they need to take care of, that the N54 is not receiving the love it deserves.
valid points. cobb is busy with GTR, Mazda, STi, Evo, etc. platforms, as well. vishnu dabbles in P-cars and remnants of Suby/Mitsu, but they're mainly focused on bmw now
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #51
bryce
Banned
57
Rep
3,177
Posts

 
Drives: zhp 3-pedal
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
How can one be unbiased? We all switched tunes for one reason or another.
so, what were the last maps you ran on the procede? summer of 2011? a lot has changed since then
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 10:52 AM   #52
E3r2E9r
Banned
5
Rep
421
Posts

 
Drives: 3 Series
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru View Post
Could it be that piggybacks are gaining ground again over some popular flash tunes ? The Procede and JB4 tuners do seem the ones that are the most interested to get the best out of the N54. The other tuners have so many platforms that they need to take care of, that the N54 is not receiving the love it deserves.
Maybe its cause after you've driven them all you realize the potential some piggy's actually have. Some people just get all hot headed over flashes cause they are good on other platforms but this platform isnt the same. Procede has been around the longest, its no surprise it has the most votes so far. It's a solid tune and constantly improves.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 10:52 AM   #53
bryce
Banned
57
Rep
3,177
Posts

 
Drives: zhp 3-pedal
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E3r2E9r View Post
Maybe its cause after you've driven them all you realize the potential some piggy's actually have. Some people just got all hot headed over flashes cause they are good on other platforms but this platform isnt the same.
another valid point
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #54
themyst
Major General
themyst's Avatar
South Korea
86
Rep
6,602
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i LCI
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to themyst
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
so, what were the last maps you ran on the procede? summer of 2011? a lot has changed since then
Shrug, that thing never ran properly on my 6AT. I don't feel like losing another $150 to find out. It was great with my old 6MT N54 though. JB4 was always drama free along with Cobb for when I had stock turbos.

The new JB4 G5 addresses most of what I disliked about it before and drives my RBs perfectly.
__________________
E90 LCI N54 6AT
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #55
bryce
Banned
57
Rep
3,177
Posts

 
Drives: zhp 3-pedal
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
Shrug, that thing never ran properly on my 6AT. I don't feel like losing another $150 to find out. It was great with my old 6MT N54 though. JB4 was always drama free along with Cobb for when I had stock turbos.

The new JB4 G5 addresses most of what I disliked about it before and drives my RBs perfectly.
so, you're argument against the procede is invalid, because comparing tunes from summer of 2011 is hardly an apples to apples debate. i could say i ran cobb in summer of 2011, which they only had stage 1 maps back then. would that be fair to say cobb sucks and is slow?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #56
bryce
Banned
57
Rep
3,177
Posts

 
Drives: zhp 3-pedal
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
lol don't even get me started on the jb4 in summer '11. that shit was whack back then
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #57
themyst
Major General
themyst's Avatar
South Korea
86
Rep
6,602
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i LCI
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to themyst
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
so, you're argument against the procede is invalid, because comparing tunes from summer of 2011 is hardly an apples to apples debate. i could say i ran cobb in summer of 2011, which they only had stage 1 maps back then. would that be fair to say cobb sucks and is slow?
Technically, Cobb is still the "slowest". There are no public release race maps yet.

But yes I have not tried rev 2.5 other than a ride along with another RB owner local to me who has it.

Have no issues with my G5 yet though.
__________________
E90 LCI N54 6AT
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 11:18 AM   #58
bryce
Banned
57
Rep
3,177
Posts

 
Drives: zhp 3-pedal
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
themyst- PM me if you want to try out a procede rev.III v5 for free, i can make that happen
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #59
roberts5831
thats what she said...
roberts5831's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
168
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (0)

hey Shiv can u make a procede for my lawnmower?? lol
#eskimobuddies

procede all the way! solid system, great support, amazing customer service. what more could u want.?? this company has big things planned, I can't wait to see where they are a few years from now.
__________________
2008 335i Alpine White // 15% tint all around // PROcede Rev 3, 11-1 maps // Vishnu DCI

Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #60
Sakebomb
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
31
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Yorba Linda

iTrader: (0)

ProCede FTW!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #61
BEAR-AvHistory
2014 435M-Sport/MPPK
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
22
Rep
2,275
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 435M-Sport MPPK
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NC - USA

iTrader: (0)

Interesting poll numbers.

Based on the attached posts, almost all supporting proceed, the forum has a proceed heavy fan base yet 63% of the poll votes are for something else.
__________________
Kevin

2014 435M-Sport MPPK - 2013 135is Cab 6MT - 2009 V-Star FFR Cobra MK-IV work in progress
Cobra Coyote First Start.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 12:08 PM   #62
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Jeff@TopGearSolutions's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,404
Posts


 
Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TopGearSolutions.com

iTrader: (32)

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
Interesting poll numbers.

Based on the attached posts, almost all supporting proceed, the forum has a proceed heavy fan base yet 63% of the poll votes are for something else.
That's cause all the tunes benefit people in different ways depending on their needs, wants, and budget. In terms of "market share" anyone would be proud to have over 20% or more. For instance a company like budweiser has about 8.X % of the market share, so "92% of people" like something else.... However, 8% is a huge amount of people no matter how you cut the slice and is high in comparison to companies that only hold .1 % of a market share in the same industry.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 12:19 PM   #63
skim7x
Use it or Lose it
skim7x's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
2,462
Posts

 
Drives: 335i e92
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Clifton, NJ

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
Interesting poll numbers.

Based on the attached posts, almost all supporting proceed, the forum has a proceed heavy fan base yet 63% of the poll votes are for something else.
Interestingly, thus far only 1% of Cobb and 1% of JB users who voted have been vocal on this thread about their tune. Meanwhile, 19% of PROcede users have been vocal about their tune.

Does this say something about customer satisfaction?
__________________
'07 Space Gray 335i coupe w/ Sports Package | Comfort Access

Cobb S1+ | PTF e30 custom tune | AMS | CP-e | BMS OCC | Quaife
[Newark Photoshoot #1]
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #64
BMWsky
Major
United_States
15
Rep
1,244
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Webster NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru View Post
Could it be that piggybacks are gaining ground again over some popular flash tunes ? The Procede and JB4 tuners do seem the ones that are the most interested to get the best out of the N54. The other tuners have so many platforms that they need to take care of, that the N54 is not receiving the love it deserves.
I'd say just the opposite. The piggyback tunes have been been around on this platform much longer than a flash like Cobb and are more convenient than GIAC or Dinan (not having to bring the car in). My guess is that if this poll was posted a year ago, Cobb would've had much less marketshare. It would be interesting to see what this poll looks like a year from now. The good news is that WE benefit from the tuners pushing the progess of this platform.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #65
D_Smiderreen
Banned
United_States
4
Rep
157
Posts

 
Drives: Please delete my account
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: please delete my account

iTrader: (1)

Cobb and Jb4 for me.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #66
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
480
Rep
15,049
Posts


 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (88)

JB4 for me

Mike
__________________
LOWEST PRICE GURANTEE ON ALL PRODUCTS - www.n54tuning.com - Email; Mike@n54tuning.com
NEW PERFORMANCE LINE N54 DOWNPIPES & M3/M4 & F30 ER DOWNPIPES NOW IN STOCK - ER N54 CHARPE PIPE SPECIALS - NEW JB4 G5 ISO for N54 and F30 N55 ON SALE - NEW S55 M3/M4 JB4 NOW SHIPPING
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST