E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > New wheels on the xi (Warning: Car has not been dropped!)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #23
mcpcolas
First Lieutenant
 
mcpcolas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 montego blue 335i xdrive
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: new jersey

Posts: 370
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbres79 View Post
looking good. love those wheels.

for some reason your stock ride height doesnt look that bad. the rear looks low already.

i wish BMW offered sport susp. on the XI already. just announced today that the F30 XI still doesnt get sport susp. maybe they are waiting for the M335XI for the sport susp.
are u saying that my 09 e90 xdrive doesnt have sport susp. even though i have the sport package with 18" wheel stock?
mcpcolas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2012, 10:35 AM   #24
vapore0n
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2010 335i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MA

Posts: 397
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpcolas View Post
are u saying that my 09 e90 xdrive doesnt have sport susp. even though i have the sport package with 18" wheel stock?
There is no sports suspension available for Xdrives. Sports package doesnt include any suspension change.
vapore0n is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #25
PSUSMU
Captain
 
Drives: Entry-level Luxury
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Falls Church, VA

Posts: 799
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipstic View Post
I wanted to keep the rolling diameter as close to even as possible front to rear. So specifically for the Hankooks V12s the 225/35/19's are at 823 revs per mile and the 265/30/19's are at a 821 revs per mile - 2 revs per mile difference. The 235/35/19 are 816 revs per mile which would have put me at a 5 revs per mile difference front to back.

This varies by model of tire. I was also looking at the Conti DW's and for those I would have gone with 235/35/19 and 265/30/19 since those are at a 818 and 821 respectively.

Just want to keep the X-Drive system as happy as possible!
I understand your logic, but 235/265 is still fine. You really need to lower it.
PSUSMU is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #26
zipstic
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 e92 335xi
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Minneapolis

Posts: 565
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSMU View Post
I understand your logic, but 235/265 is still fine. You really need to lower it.
Yeah 235/265 would have been fine - a lot of people run the Hankook V12's w/o any issues.

I've narrowed it down to KW V1's or Eibach/Koni shock/spring combo. Can't wait to drop it!
__________________
zipstic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #27
2Times
I'd hit it
 
2Times's Avatar
 
Drives: black on black e92 335xi
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Boostin, MA

Posts: 610
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [5.00]
Old post, just curious if you dropped the car and if you still like the rims?
2Times is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #28
zipstic
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 e92 335xi
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Minneapolis

Posts: 565
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Times View Post
Old post, just curious if you dropped the car and if you still like the rims?
Yes and yes. I went with KW V1's. Here's my review of them. I like the wheels, sometimes I wish I would've gone with M5 reps, but I still really like them a lot!
__________________
zipstic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2013, 12:00 PM   #29
2Times
I'd hit it
 
2Times's Avatar
 
Drives: black on black e92 335xi
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Boostin, MA

Posts: 610
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [5.00]
Its really funny you say that because that's what I'm debating between... 313 ans M5 reps.
2Times is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #30
Chris_506
From RWD to AWD
 
Chris_506's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SCar

Posts: 2,542
iTrader: (13)

car looks good, looks like youre taking a dump on that last pic
__________________
Chris_506 is offline   Costa Rica
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #31
zipstic
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 e92 335xi
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Minneapolis

Posts: 565
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSRe92 View Post
car looks good, looks like youre taking a dump on that last pic
Who says I wasn't?
__________________
zipstic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #32
zipstic
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 e92 335xi
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Minneapolis

Posts: 565
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Times View Post
Its really funny you say that because that's what I'm debating between... 313 ans M5 reps.
Both are good options. The design of the wheels are very similar.
__________________
zipstic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST