E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Audi RS4 B7 Avant - Another Scratch Itched!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-30-2012, 11:34 AM   #89
Hoops
Brigadier General
 
Hoops's Avatar
 
Drives: Merc E350 Sport Estate (265)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: TOWIE, Chigwell

Posts: 3,654
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Had the C6 RS6 20" rims and Conti 5P's fitted today - quick sneaky pic just before i was about to get it washed!!

It gets lowered tomorrow so hopefully that will sort the stance out.

Attached Images
 
__________________
Hoops is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 12:02 PM   #90
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,267
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Looks good, they look frickin' massive!!

Look forward to the pics of it dropped!
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 12:03 PM   #91
Hotcoupe
Major General
 
Hotcoupe's Avatar
 
Drives: Don't know yet!
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 6,104
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsRS4 View Post
Had the C6 RS6 20" rims and Conti 5P's fitted today - quick sneaky pic just before i was about to get it washed!!

It gets lowered tomorrow so hopefully that will sort the stance out.

What Louisa nicked yer Marigold's

Looking good Steve
Hotcoupe is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #92
Hoops
Brigadier General
 
Hoops's Avatar
 
Drives: Merc E350 Sport Estate (265)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: TOWIE, Chigwell

Posts: 3,654
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Thank you both - to be honest i didn't think that they looked that big (considering they are 20" rims) but i think they might look better once it is dropped tomorrow.
I also had to remove the H&R spacers front and rear as they are too big - so once its been dropped and its settled i will look at how much room ive got to play with so i can properly fill out the arches - i would say looking at it i could probably go 5mm on the front and maybe up to 10-12mm on the rear - will know more tomorrow at QST.
__________________
Hoops is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #93
Hotcoupe
Major General
 
Hotcoupe's Avatar
 
Drives: Don't know yet!
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 6,104
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsRS4 View Post
Thank you both - to be honest i didn't think that they looked that big (considering they are 20" rims) but i think they might look better once it is dropped tomorrow.
I also had to remove the H&R spacers front and rear as they are too big - so once its been dropped and its settled i will look at how much room ive got to play with so i can properly fill out the arches - i would say looking at it i could probably go 5mm on the front and maybe up to 10-12mm on the rear - will know more tomorrow at QST.
Steve,I think you mentioned that the car was having a full KDS after having the springs swopped tomorrow, if that is the case will the car have settled sufficiently for the KDS to have the required effect?

I'm only asking as I've always been advised to get a few miles on the car before getting any alignments carried out,post a spring swop.

Just a thought Steve,worth mentioning to your Guy QTS,who will probably suggest I'm a nob/w$nker/dickhead/insert expletive here.............!

PS. If you want to play with some spacers tomorrow give me a shout,I've got some 5s & 10's (H&R), knocking around,& Haywards Heath is only down the road.
Hotcoupe is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #94
sheps
Colonel
 
sheps's Avatar
 
Drives: C63 AMG
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cambs, UK

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to sheps
That looks awesome.
That has been properly Hooperised, well done, Sir :thumbsup
__________________
Gone but not forgotten:
325i M Sport (E92), Black Sapphire, Coral Red Dakota, 19" 225's, Seat Heating, 6FL and de-badge

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
sheps is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #95
Hoops
Brigadier General
 
Hoops's Avatar
 
Drives: Merc E350 Sport Estate (265)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: TOWIE, Chigwell

Posts: 3,654
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Steve,I think you mentioned that the car was having a full KDS after having the springs swopped tomorrow, if that is the case will the car have settled sufficiently for the KDS to have the required effect?

I'm only asking as I've always been advised to get a few miles on the car before getting any alignments carried out,post a spring swop.

Just a thought Steve,worth mentioning to your Guy QTS,who will probably suggest I'm a nob/w$nker/dickhead/insert expletive here.............!

PS. If you want to play with some spacers tomorrow give me a shout,I've got some 5s & 10's (H&R), knocking around,& Haywards Heath is only down the road.
Yes ive also been told that previously re KDS - i will see what Kim says tomorrow - maybe he will set it up and then allow me to return in say a month to have it looked at again??

Re the spacers - i would happily take the 5mm ones off you - however, are they a universal fitment or do they need to be specifically for an Audi RS4 etc?? If they are the correct fitment for my car then let me know how much you want for them matey and that would be a real bonus. Are you around tomorrow?? Maybe we could have lunch in Haywards Heath if you are free??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheps View Post
That looks awesome.
That has been properly Hooperised, well done, Sir :thumbsup
Thanks Sheps - appreciated - but I'm far from finished with her yet!!
__________________
Hoops is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #96
Hotcoupe
Major General
 
Hotcoupe's Avatar
 
Drives: Don't know yet!
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 6,104
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsRS4 View Post
Yes ive also been told that previously re KDS - i will see what Kim says tomorrow - maybe he will set it up and then allow me to return in say a month to have it looked at again??

Re the spacers - i would happily take the 5mm ones off you - however, are they a universal fitment or do they need to be specifically for an Audi RS4 etc?? If they are the correct fitment for my car then let me know how much you want for them matey and that would be a real bonus. Are you around tomorrow?? Maybe we could have lunch in Haywards Heath if you are free??
What time are you getting down there tomorrow Steve?

I'll pop down as I have far too much time on my hands at the mo.
I'll bring the spacers with me,and your Guy can try them,I think there a universal fit,but we'll find out.
Hotcoupe is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 02:37 PM   #97
Hoops
Brigadier General
 
Hoops's Avatar
 
Drives: Merc E350 Sport Estate (265)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: TOWIE, Chigwell

Posts: 3,654
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
What time are you getting down there tomorrow Steve?

I'll pop down as I have far too much time on my hands at the mo.
I'll bring the spacers with me,and your Guy can try them,I think there a universal fit,but we'll find out.
You are a star Ian - will be great to see you again too - was the last time i saw you at my 40th??? Anyway, if you can make it down to QST and bring the spacers that will be great
Im aiming to get there for around 8.30am when they open so they can crack on with it first thing and hopefully i can be away around 1pm.
Do you know the address for QST??
__________________
Hoops is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #98
Oli
Campervan man
 
Drives: RS3 and VW Kombi
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: here, there, everywhere......

Posts: 2,667
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsRS4 View Post
You are a star Ian - will be great to see you again too - was the last time i saw you at my 40th??? Anyway, if you can make it down to QST and bring the spacers that will be great
Im aiming to get there for around 8.30am when they open so they can crack on with it first thing and hopefully i can be away around 1pm.
Do you know the address for QST??
Shame you haven't got the exhaust on, I'd hear you from Bognor!

Love the wheels
__________________
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk

Genuine VW T5 California Rental
Oli is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #99
Gibbo
Colonel
 
Gibbo's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf Ed35
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: South East

Posts: 2,292
iTrader: (0)

Steve, have a good day tomorrow. The wheels look chrome or is it the pic?
__________________
Golf Ed35 Black with - Black Leather
Gibbo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 04:11 PM   #100
Hotcoupe
Major General
 
Hotcoupe's Avatar
 
Drives: Don't know yet!
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 6,104
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsRS4 View Post
You are a star Ian - will be great to see you again too - was the last time i saw you at my 40th??? Anyway, if you can make it down to QST and bring the spacers that will be great
Im aiming to get there for around 8.30am when they open so they can crack on with it first thing and hopefully i can be away around 1pm.
Do you know the address for QST??
Sounds good Steve,see you there.

Yep,I know where QST are
Hotcoupe is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #101
mikeysix
Lieutenant
 
mikeysix's Avatar
 
Drives: F20 116i m sport estoril
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kirkcaldy

Posts: 477
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Shit the bed mate those are some fine rims!! Colour is just right so you've scored again lad! Does the car have the standard exhaust at the moment? Reason I ask is I remember a while back I was speaking to a chap who runs a specialist tuning outfit for Audi called star performance who are in the town I live. He knows his stuff and they had an rs4 in for a remap, once done the gains were impressive for a non turbo but the real gain came from a new performance exhaust system, 50bhp of an increase I'm sure. They couldn't believe it at the time but the car was new on the market so tuning potential was just being explored. I might be talkin shite right enough but from what I remember it was the exhaust that made the biggest difference! Anyway you'll find out soon enough

If I had the tin that's probably the car I'd buy to ferry the family about and rag doll when by myself!
mikeysix is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #102
Brennan
'The Godfather'
 
Brennan's Avatar
 
Drives: SAAB 9-3 Aero TTiD
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Crossgar, N.Ireland

Posts: 1,063
iTrader: (0)

that looks awesome, great cars
Brennan is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #103
jada07515
Second Lieutenant
 
jada07515's Avatar
 
Drives: bmw 335i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: midlands

Posts: 258
iTrader: (-1)

top car love the colour
jada07515 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #104
Hoops
Brigadier General
 
Hoops's Avatar
 
Drives: Merc E350 Sport Estate (265)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: TOWIE, Chigwell

Posts: 3,654
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli View Post
Shame you haven't got the exhaust on, I'd hear you from Bognor!
Love the wheels
The Milly gets fitted next week Oli - glad you approve of the rims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Steve, have a good day tomorrow. The wheels look chrome or is it the pic?
The finish is Titanium but if I'm honest i may have gone slightly too light in colour - they could well get changed again to a darker grey colour - we shall see once its lowered and spacers fitted etc. But definitely not a chrome finish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysix View Post
Shit the bed mate those are some fine rims!!
Thanks Mikey - always love your enthusiastic comments - almost makes the 11.4 mpg average I'm getting at the moment seem well worth it!! Ive ordered the Milltek already buddy but thanks for the heads up re the exhaust - i very much doubt the Milly will give anything like 50bhp gains but regardless it will sound like god gurgling iron filings and thats exactly what i want!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron.B View Post
that looks awesome, great cars
Thanks fella.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jada07515 View Post
top car love the colour
Again, many thanks
__________________
Hoops is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #105
Hoops
Brigadier General
 
Hoops's Avatar
 
Drives: Merc E350 Sport Estate (265)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: TOWIE, Chigwell

Posts: 3,654
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Sounds good Steve,see you there.

Yep,I know where QST are
Great stuff Ian - looking forward to seeing you again. I text you earlier - assume you are still on same number?? Text or call me tomorrow when you are heading over to QST - i am taking my macbook air to do some work on but doubt i will get much done!! See you tomorrow.
__________________
Hoops is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2012, 11:20 AM   #106
Hoops
Brigadier General
 
Hoops's Avatar
 
Drives: Merc E350 Sport Estate (265)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: TOWIE, Chigwell

Posts: 3,654
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Not long been back from QST. Have to say Kim was a really nice chap and his mum made a fine cuppa. They had a good look over the car and plugged it into the computer - showed no fault codes and he said he was impressed with how well it drove and pulled strongly from 5k all the way through - so that was good to hear. They checked over the DRC and again reported no issues. The whole DRC inc valves etc was replaced by Audi under warranty last year and they even adjusted the pressures to a new setting that Audi now recommend for the DRC system. Anyway, all was fine and they got on with fitting the H&R's. In the meantime i got on with some work in reception on my laptop - and whilst i was waiting the Silver Fox (Ian) turned up minus his lacey basque and gimp mask THANK GOD!!! Have to say it was really great to see the old goat again and looking well. It was good to catch up and have a giggle - the time flew by!! Ian also "foolishly" allowed me to take his 335D for a blast!! That got his ticker pumping!! And damn is his car fast - it pulls like a train - looks the nuts too - my fave 335D by far.
Anyway, Kim had my car finished by around 1.30pm and the stance looks much better. Its still not perfect in my eyes but it was never going to give me the exact results I'm wanting without going down the coil over route - which i may well look into at a later date. The drive doesn't feel any different and its certainly no harsher - the only significant difference is that it corners even flatter than before which would suggest it hasn't compromised the DRC in any adverse way. I will wait for it to settle a bit and take some pics next week after I'm back from Branscombe and possibly once the Milly is fitted.
Overall I'm very happy with QST and will certainly use them again
__________________
Hoops is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2012, 02:17 PM   #107
davyk31
Brigadier General
 
Drives: Audi SQ5 & Golf GTD
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northern Ireland

Posts: 4,409
iTrader: (0)

Can't believe you let someone scratch, oops meant wash, your car. Lazy old sod !!!
davyk31 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2012, 02:27 PM   #108
Hoops
Brigadier General
 
Hoops's Avatar
 
Drives: Merc E350 Sport Estate (265)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: TOWIE, Chigwell

Posts: 3,654
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
Can't believe you let someone scratch, oops meant wash, your car. Lazy old sod !!!
To be honest its exactly that, laziness. I used to love doing my cars and bikes but i find it a complete chore these days. I don't really have the right equipment any more either, i don't even own a jet wash anymore!! These guys that wash my car/s are very very good considering, they don't use acid on wheels etc and always have very clean and new looking sponges etc - that said i can't deny that its not the same as doing the job properly yourself - but i simply can't find the time nor the patience to do it myself anymore.
If I'm honest ive always wanted someone to show me in person how the professionals do it and tell me what bits and bobs i need to buy etc - my good old mate Faizaan used to do bits for me but he's so busy himself these days and i don't have the heart to bother him about doing it again.
__________________
Hoops is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2012, 02:33 PM   #109
ss134
Brigadier General
 
ss134's Avatar
 
Drives: ...a hard bargain...
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Germany/UK

Posts: 3,674
iTrader: (1)

Love it - awesome car and once dropped it will really look the business IMO
__________________
2014 AW F80 M3 DCT
2011 AW E90 M3 DCT - Sold
2010 JZB E90 M3 DCT - Sold
2009 6MT E90 LCI 335i M -Sport - Sold
ss134 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2012, 04:09 PM   #110
Hoops
Brigadier General
 
Hoops's Avatar
 
Drives: Merc E350 Sport Estate (265)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: TOWIE, Chigwell

Posts: 3,654
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Thanks fella!
__________________
Hoops is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST