Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

TireRack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Flush Fitment?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Wheel offset calculator courtesy of BimmerPost.com. You may use this calculator to calculate what tire sizes you might need if you upgrade your tires, or what wheel sizes/offsets are compatible with your car.
    Current Wheel Width  inches             Current Wheel Offset  mm.
         New Wheel Width  inches                  New Wheel Offset  mm.

TIRE WIDTH
/
ASPECT RATIO
- WHEEL DIAMETER
ORIGINAL TIRES
/
NEW TIRES
/
Based on your stock wheel setup, your new wheel will have:
Original Tires Diameter (in.)
      New Tires Diameter (in.)
  Difference in diameter (in.)
           Percent Difference %

Speedo @60mph will read: mph
Collapse/Expand the BimmerPost Wheel and Tire calculator

05-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
Taipei-TT
Captain

Drives: 2014 X3 2.0D

Flush Fitment?

Appealing to this wisdom of the tire forum again. Thanks for all the help so far!

My goal is to have a look that is a flush with the body panels as possible without rolling or rubbing or spacers or poke or stretch. (Yes, I am that old!) I have a LCI E92 that is not lowered, but I will likely lower it a by a small amount next year when the warranty is up. (Nothing slammed, my parking garage ramp is a very steep angle )

So, with VMR 710 wheels in the following sizes, will my wheels be flush or still be noticeably sunken in? If so, what might be a better fitment for my goals?

Diameter Width Offset 19 8.5 35 (fronts...235 tires)
19 9.5 33 (rears....265 tires)
      05-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #2
beskone
Captain

Drives: LeMans BLue e92 335i LCI

Garage List
2012 e92 335i LCI  [0.00]
2009 e92 328i  [5.00]
With no roll, no stretch, no camber that's about it. Maybe a 10mm in front and in back but you'll rub in back for sure lowered with spacers.

e92 LCI LeMans Blue Saddle Brown Bamboo Anthracite Performance Grilles CF Performance Spoiler CF Performance Diffuser ACS Style Roof Spoiler LED Interior Lighting BMS Clutch Stop BMS Intake BMS CDV BMW Performance Exhaust ST V1 Coilovers Miro 111 Staggered More to come!
beskone is offline   United_States
      05-17-2012, 08:10 AM   #3
Pcemkr
Pro Hater

Drives: Low and slow

Sunken. You can't be flush without fender rolling or stretch.
      05-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #4
Taipei-TT
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcemkr View Post
Sunken. You can't be flush without fender rolling or stretch.
hehe...Alright...I'll be sunken then! I am of the mind to leave my fenders as nature, and the designers, intended. Looks super cool with rolled fenders on other people's cars, but I know that I keep cars at the longest for 3 years and a rolled fender will get noticed and be used to reduce the value of my car.

Hopefully, compared to what I have now, it will be a huge improvement!
      05-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #5
CombatNinja
Banned

Drives: e91 328i, e90 328i, e90 335i

FWIW, nobody is going to notice properly rolled fenders when you trade in a car. Even if they did, why would they care? I think you are confusing rolling with pulling.
      05-17-2012, 09:52 PM   #6
Pcemkr
Pro Hater

Drives: Low and slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taipei-TT View Post
hehe...Alright...I'll be sunken then! I am of the mind to leave my fenders as nature, and the designers, intended. Looks super cool with rolled fenders on other people's cars, but I know that I keep cars at the longest for 3 years and a rolled fender will get noticed and be used to reduce the value of my car.

Hopefully, compared to what I have now, it will be a huge improvement!
Rolled fenders look absolutely no different from the exterior. When done right, the average person would never know they are rolled. It will not reduce the value of the car.
      05-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #7
bmw325i
Brigadier General

Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Have a look at avant garde m310's theyre the same price but stronger (low pressure cast vs. Vmr's gravity cast)

If I were you I would do 19x9.5 et33 up front and 19x11et33 you'd need to roll the rear fenders though.
      05-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #8
#Tee
Chronic trollololer level 60

Drives: yes

when youre that old you dont buy vmr's and or lower the car lol, just leave it stock and be old happy.

#TeamStretchNpoke IG:Tee212
custom cf rear side diffuser add ons for sale (e9x,M3s,f3x) pm me for details. thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=962442
      05-18-2012, 01:18 AM   #9
Taipei-TT
Captain

CombatNinja, PCMkr, BMW325i and stretchandpoke.

Thanks so much for the comments, input and advice. I watched a few videos about fender rolling on youtube and learned you are right, it does not look as scary as it sounds. I was thinking it was pulling. So, if I have it correct, rolling the fender simply smooths out the inner lip of the body panel but does not change the exterior lines or appearance, correct?

As for being old, well, 37, and have modded many of my cars in the past. Just not as prepared for the hassles that can come up sometimes when I start changing things.

As for the VMRs, I have a really attractive option for buying this brand at a prices I can't get other rims for, so for me, they are by far the most price competitive. I already have VMR 710s on my car, but I went with 8.5" and 35 offset on all four corners, so the back wheel is very shy! So I will change the color and the rear wheel size so I fix a problem and get a new flavor!

Again, thanks so much for the education and advice. Love Bimmerpost and especially appreciate the technical advice you guys offer.