E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > C63 Sedan vs. E93 335i + JB4 Map2



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-22-2012, 06:35 AM   #23
imageautodetail
Captain
 
imageautodetail's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 335 silverback
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: lou EVIL kentucky

Posts: 800
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2008 335 e90  [0.00]
2007 e90 335  [2.50]
I think everyone has blown past the point i was trying to make...I know a fbo +meth can beat a c63, even a slightly modded c63, ive done it, as many others have....but there is no way in hell a jb4 335 vert on map 1 (like stated by op) would be able to do it in a straight up race unless the c63 driver cant drive at all, map 1 your putting down say 330whp while the c63 is putting about 410 down
__________________
FBO...METH...BIG TWINS
imageautodetail is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-22-2012, 08:24 AM   #24
benzy89
Banned
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrift4wd View Post
why do people act like beating c63 is impossible? its slightly faster then m3 and we all know a tuned 335i can take a m3. .
A FBO + meth 335i should beat a C63, but I'm not so sure about a car with just those 3 bits (especially since you can't/shouldn't run a more aggressive tune w/o DPs on the JB).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbj View Post
Btw, I fail to see how going from one high powered sedan to another is a difference of responsibilities unless he's simply trying to save $.
+1, only place you might save is when you go for service, otherwise the C63 AMG or any of the SRT8 models both get the same gas mileage: shit.

Last edited by benzy89; 05-22-2012 at 11:02 AM.
benzy89 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #25
Zebra99
Colonel
 
Zebra99's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335is E93
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ontario

Posts: 2,221
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageautodetail
I think everyone has blown past the point i was trying to make...I know a fbo +meth can beat a c63, even a slightly modded c63, ive done it, as many others have....but there is no way in hell a jb4 335 vert on map 1 (like stated by op) would be able to do it in a straight up race unless the c63 driver cant drive at all, map 1 your putting down say 330whp while the c63 is putting about 410 down
Well I did so whatever lol. And I doubt that he fucked up driving there were no hard pulls once he shifted so I'm sure he drove fine.

In any case, I will feel glorious either way even if it's only me who believes it LOL
Zebra99 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-22-2012, 10:58 AM   #26
benzy89
Banned
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra99 View Post
Well I did so whatever lol. And I doubt that he fucked up driving there were no hard pulls once he shifted so I'm sure he drove fine.

In any case, I will feel glorious either way even if it's only me who believes it LOL
I'd be really difficult for him to fuck up shifting in a C63 since the only trans is an AT.... Just sayin
benzy89 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-22-2012, 11:41 AM   #27
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
 
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Yonkers NY

Posts: 3,313
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
A FBO + meth 335i should beat a C63, but I'm not so sure about a car with just those 3 bits (especially since you can't/shouldn't run a more aggressive tune w/o DPs on the JB).



+1, only place you might save is when you go for service, otherwise the C63 AMG or any of the SRT8 models both get the same gas mileage: shit.

that would be retarded if he got a charger/300 SRT, but he got a Jeep. stuck with shitty gas mileage but can carry more shit now lol.

why cant you run an aggressive map without FBO? All you need is the octane to properly run it and to prevent knock.
idrift4wd is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #28
benzy89
Banned
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrift4wd View Post
that would be retarded if he got a charger/300 SRT, but he got a Jeep. stuck with shitty gas mileage but can carry more shit now lol.

why cant you run an aggressive map without FBO? All you need is the octane to properly run it and to prevent knock.
I actually like the Jeep SRT8 the most, lmao -- It's really sparked the "over- the-top-SUVs" & the new one is ALMOST as awesome as the X5 M.

Here's the link to Terry's posting on the BMS JB4 (includes specific details, settings that can be changed, etc.)

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10605

Here is the section on map details:
Map 0: Stock bypass. This is the only map you may use the OBDII diagnostic port with. Set to map 0 before dropping off for service, using a BT, etc.
Map 1: 13psi (suggested for most stock applications)
Map 2: 14.5psi (suggested for those with downpipes and 93 octane)
Map 3: Progressive meth mapping with flow sensor failsafe. See guide to enable. Meth use isn't supported/suggested without a flow sensor and map 3.
Map 4: Stock map w/ CAN active. Allows full logging and in dash gauges on the stock mapping.
Map 5: Autotuning map. Boost ranges between 11-16psi based on your cars octane, conditions, and modifications.
Map 6: Custom tuning map.
Map 7: 16.5psi race map. 100 RM2 octane required.
Map 8: Economy / Non-Turbo map. Triggers a 3100 "reduced power mode" code while active. After switching back to a normal map you will need to restart the car for the code to clear.


As you can see, w/ just an intake the only maps you SHOULD be using Maps 1 (stock) or 5 (autotune); if you run more aggressive Maps (2 or 7) you obviously run the risk of doing serious damage to your car, like burning out the turbos from working them too hard w/o proper airflow.
benzy89 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-22-2012, 01:03 PM   #29
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
 
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Yonkers NY

Posts: 3,313
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
I actually like the Jeep SRT8 the most, lmao -- It's really sparked the "over- the-top-SUVs" & the new one is ALMOST as awesome as the X5 M.

Here's the link to Terry's posting on the BMS JB4 (includes specific details, settings that can be changed, etc.)

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10605

Here is the section on map details:
Map 0: Stock bypass. This is the only map you may use the OBDII diagnostic port with. Set to map 0 before dropping off for service, using a BT, etc.
Map 1: 13psi (suggested for most stock applications)
Map 2: 14.5psi (suggested for those with downpipes and 93 octane)
Map 3: Progressive meth mapping with flow sensor failsafe. See guide to enable. Meth use isn't supported/suggested without a flow sensor and map 3.
Map 4: Stock map w/ CAN active. Allows full logging and in dash gauges on the stock mapping.
Map 5: Autotuning map. Boost ranges between 11-16psi based on your cars octane, conditions, and modifications.
Map 6: Custom tuning map.
Map 7: 16.5psi race map. 100 RM2 octane required.
Map 8: Economy / Non-Turbo map. Triggers a 3100 "reduced power mode" code while active. After switching back to a normal map you will need to restart the car for the code to clear.


As you can see, w/ just an intake the only maps you SHOULD be using Maps 1 (stock) or 5 (autotune); if you run more aggressive Maps (2 or 7) you obviously run the risk of doing serious damage to your car, like burning out the turbos from working them too hard w/o proper airflow.
i know it suggests it, though its highly recommended, its not required.

many people on the forum run map 2 with DCI. or JB3 map 5-7 with just DCI. even some are in CALI with just 91 octane. Even terry said logs looked fine. i doubt you can really hurt the car unless you run a race gas map without the octane. N54 is pretty strong engine.
idrift4wd is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-22-2012, 01:18 PM   #30
benzy89
Banned
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrift4wd View Post
i know it suggests it, though its highly recommended, its not required.

many people on the forum run map 2 with DCI. or JB3 map 5-7 with just DCI. even some are in CALI with just 91 octane. Even terry said logs looked fine. i doubt you can really hurt the car unless you run a race gas map without the octane. N54 is pretty strong engine.
I didn't build the engine & BMW isn't paying me to test how durable the N54 for is, so I'll stick w/ my COBB tunes and run it exactly how they tell me. Personal preference.
benzy89 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #31
subieworx
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 07 335
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ohio

Posts: 403
iTrader: (1)

I've run my friend in his c63 and he leave me for dead. His has long tubes and a tune making 525whp. Mine is e92 fbo with Cobb stage 2 aggressive making 400whp.

Those cars are sick in a straight line and very tough to beat with a couple mods.
subieworx is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-22-2012, 07:02 PM   #32
benzy89
Banned
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by subieworx View Post
I've run my friend in his c63 and he leave me for dead. His has long tubes and a tune making 525whp. Mine is e92 fbo with Cobb stage 2 aggressive making 400whp.

Those cars are sick in a straight line and very tough to beat with a couple mods.
Not surprised.... The 6.2 engine is the slightly "detuned" version of the 6.3L, that gets 507 HP off the assembly line.
benzy89 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST