E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > FBO+Meth vs CTS-V

05-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #45
triggz
Banned

Drives: E92 335i

whats the cost without install for FBO's on a ctsv?
triggz is offline   Canada
      05-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #46
ultimateendz
Vengeance is mine, I shall repay

Drives: X3, CTS-V coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggz View Post
whats the cost without install for FBO's on a ctsv?
4k...lol....domestic motor ftw
      05-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #47
nitehawk
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: e92 335i 6MT

Garage List
Talk about good bang for your buck, awesome
nitehawk is offline   Canada
      05-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #48
ultimateendz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitehawk View Post
Talk about good bang for your buck, awesome
yean man...and the even more awesome thing is i can swap just about anything i want from the z06 or zR1 right into my motor with minimal to no changes....throttle bodies, heads, cams, crankshaft, snout, even the ZR1 supercharger which is 2.3L vs the cts-vs 1,9L
      05-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #49
triggz
Banned

Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimateendz View Post
yean man...and the even more awesome thing is i can swap just about anything i want from the z06 or zR1 right into my motor with minimal to no changes....throttle bodies, heads, cams, crankshaft, snout, even the ZR1 supercharger which is 2.3L vs the cts-vs 1,9L
thats wicked! plus its much easier to DD a ctsv over a z06/zr1 lol
triggz is offline   Canada
      05-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #50
ultimateendz

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggz View Post
thats wicked! plus its much easier to DD a ctsv over a z06/zr1 lol
yup...yea...i test drove a ZR1 just to see...no waaaay i was DD that thing
      04-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #51
JStang
N54 ADDICT

Drives: FBO E92 335i

Bumping this because I had a brief encounter with a CTS-V coupe this evening and got spanked! We were rolling from about 40 MPH when I saw him coming in my rear view mirror but once we gunned it I knew I didn't stand a chance.

That thing sounded so mean and the sound from the blower was very intoxicating. FWIW, I was on my PTF 2+ 93 octane map and went to fill up with some E85 immediately after

PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R/Koni Sport | BBS CH-R
      04-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #52
Evooooo
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 335 XI Sedan M Sport

Hey guys, just want to throw my 2 cents in since I literally just picked up a V Thursday. This car is unbelievable in pretty much every way I think. From the handling to the comfort and options it comes with the car is an amazing bang for you buck. Minimal mod's makes this thing and absolute monster and in sport mode it is very very balanced. As far as the motor goes, wow just wow. The power band and way the car pulls is insane. At redline in each gear the car wants to just keep pulling and pulling and it is unlike any driving experience I've ever had. The tranny is a bit rough and stiff and not as smooth as I'd like it do be but I think it really is very well designed. Im no expert or am any sort of guru so obviously take my opinion with a grain of salt here. As for the comments about taking the gtr over this car, I would never. The GTR is not made nearly as well and im sorry but a high performance sports car IMHO should be manual all day, while I appreciate tiptronic, SMG, DCT and all that it just takes away from the driving experience so much. Ive had a big turbo evo and a fully bolted 335 and granted each car is in a tier above the next but yea I must say I am absolutely in love with the V and the way this thing sounds drives rides etc etc. Open up the exhaust a bit and my god will it sound beautiful. Also im going to be doing independent testing but lingenfelter is claiming 45WHP gains and 40WTQ gains based on the intake alone. They did dyno testing to back this as well on a 100% stock V no tune. I guess I will find out how true this claim is and if it is true an intake alone will put the car at 500+whp 500+wtq all the way to redline. Wahoo!!! I know Im rambling on so excuse me but I havent talked to many people about the car yet haha.