Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

TireRack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > MMR did not fit

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

05-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #23
Pcemkr
Pro Hater
Rep

Drives: Low and slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEE View Post
in all actuality those offsets should/would/could fit your car. Those offsets would sit the wheels closer to the fenders. You would have about 13.6666666mm of extra space between the tire and fender. Now as to why there is a gap...it is a possiblity they sent you a 5 series (or other series) wheel instead of a 3 series. The hubs for a 5 series are biggers. I want to say the 5-series is like a 74ish and the 3-series is a 72ish...So that could play a difference also. I can barely see...but it looks like they hub size says like 6?.?
A larger wheel hub bore will fit over a smaller brake hub, but it won't be hub-centric. It would have to be the other way to cause a real fitment issue.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #24
MRRwheels
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92

Guys I'm here !! Just seen this. Please let's Double check what you received and if theirs a problem I will be more then happy to replace the whole set for you.
The Fitment t should be perfect but I think their might be a problem with the center being to small. Please email me at carlos@mrrwheels.com
Let's get some proper wheels on your ride.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 09:42 PM   #25
1thirtyfizzo
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E93 335i and E82 135i

Well i took the wheels to another tire shop hoping that they would fit but got the same result. The wheel won't lay flat against the hub. Come to find out it has nothing to do with offsets, the center cutout of the wheel is too small to fit over the center portion that stick out on the hub. I took a few pix. Well i contacted the seller and MRR has arranged to get them pick up tmrw and they will ship another set out as soon as Fedex confirm the pickup.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #26
1thirtyfizzo
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRRwheels View Post
Guys I'm here !! Just seen this. Please let's Double check what you received and if theirs a problem I will be more then happy to replace the whole set for you.
The Fitment t should be perfect but I think their might be a problem with the center being to small. Please email me at carlos@mrrwheels.com
Let's get some proper wheels on your ride.
Carlos, check ur email.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #27
ACEE
Average Car Exceeding Expectations (ACEE)
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i e92

Garage List
2007 e92  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcemkr View Post
A larger wheel hub bore will fit over a smaller brake hub, but it won't be hub-centric. It would have to be the other way to cause a real fitment issue.
this is true...that was backwards hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3thirtyfizzo View Post
Well i took the wheels to another tire shop hoping that they would fit but got the same result. The wheel won't lay flat against the hub. Come to find out it has nothing to do with offsets, the center cutout of the wheel is too small to fit over the center portion that stick out on the hub. I took a few pix. Well i contacted the seller and MRR has arranged to get them pick up tmrw and they will ship another set out as soon as Fedex confirm the pickup.
and it end up being the hub anyway.. hehe i'm glad you figured that part out and I hope everything works out for you!!!
MSport front// Hamann Front lip// M3 Side Skirts// Custom M3 (non wide body) rear bumper// VRS Type 1 Rear Diffuser// ACS style roof spoiler// AC Schnitzer Pedals// COBB AP// VRSF FMIC// Simota CF Intake// Magnaflow Axle Back// AccuAir/UAS airbags// 19" K3Projekt IND EV-5 wheels // Goodyear Asymmetric Tires// Custom sound sytem // BUY MY VOLKS
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #28
George@V
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2012 335is

Glad that they got you sorted out.
As an FYI, the hole in the center of the wheel has a specific diameter, called the "centerbore".
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 07:53 AM   #29
NJ330i
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 Electric Red 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW  [4.75]
Glad you got this resolved.
      06-01-2012, 01:53 AM   #30
BRGmatthew
Bausman
United_States
Rep

Drives: around the block

Send a message via AIM to BRGmatthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3thirtyfizzo View Post
Your hub looks really rusty. Try cleaning your hub with a wire brush. I had spacers what would lay flat kind like how your wheels wont. Cleaned it out with a wire brush and all the rust was the culprit. After the clean the spacers fit perfect.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #31
1thirtyfizzo
Second Lieutenant
Rep

well i jus received my wheels back from MRR today. i immediately took them to the tire shop to get install. the front wheel does lay flat against the hub this time but...there are only about 1/4 of an inch clearance between the tire and the spring. the installer said it could rub against each other if i go over bumps? so i didnt install them fearing that it could damage my suspension. is there anything that i can do? would adding spacers help in this case?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #32
FirstBMWLA
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3thirtyfizzo
well i jus received my wheels back from MRR today. i immediately took them to the tire shop to get install. the front wheel does lay flat against the hub this time but...there are only about 1/4 of an inch clearance between the tire and the spring. the installer said it could rub against each other if i go over bumps? so i didnt install them fearing that it could damage my suspension. is there anything that i can do? would adding spacers help in this case?
1/4" clearance sounds like more room than some run. Seen some with 3mm I think.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #33
MRRwheels
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92

As a company guaranty please put them on your car, you should have no issues. Control arms and suspension always move and won't rub on your wheel, I'm almost afraid to ask but who are you taking the wheels too? For installation?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #34
bmw325i
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

I think a few people are like a mm away from the strut
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 01:48 AM   #35
MonacoBlueE90
Colonel
Finland
Rep

Drives: BMW E90 Pre-LCI

I have something like 2-3mm (0.07-0.11inch) clearance to struts at front.

If you can spin the wheel without hitting anything while your car is jacked up, it wont hit the struts while driving.

Only time it can hit the struts is ,if you bend the wheel.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #36
1thirtyfizzo
Second Lieutenant
Rep

thanks for the help guys, i came back to the tire shop and told them to install my wheels anyways. looks great and havent had any rubbing or issues yet
Appreciate 0