E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > 2009 335i, carfax shows 2 owners, fair price?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
Borisimo
Private First Class
 
Borisimo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 145
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2009 335i, carfax shows 2 owners, fair price?

I am looking at a CPO 2009 335i (sports/premium/nav ) with 30k miles . According to carfax it was sold by the first owner to the dealer at 20k miles and then sold as CPO to the second owner who had it for 10k miles before selling it back to the Dealer.

They are asking $34k which sounds way overpriced, since the extra 2k for CPO was already paid for by the second owner and the car was not "re-cerified" as CPO after they sold it. What would be a fair price to offer?
Borisimo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #2
Soliditude
First Lieutenant
 
Soliditude's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 341
iTrader: (0)

30k would be the top for this, in my opinion.
__________________
'11 6AT 335i xDrive ///M BMW PPK Stage 1
Soliditude is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
Borisimo
Private First Class
 
Borisimo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 145
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
yeah, I was thinking 30k OTD.
Borisimo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #4
cptcrunch
Captain Crunch
 
cptcrunch's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335D
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cincinnati

Posts: 289
iTrader: (0)

With 2 owners? I'd want to get a service history. It seems like something had to be wrong to have the second owner sell it so quickly.
__________________
2011 335D Space Grey, Black Leather Interior, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, 6FL, Satellite Radio, Nav, Base Audio
cptcrunch is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
notan///m
Lieutenant Colonel
 
notan///m's Avatar
 
Drives: AY F80 (in the oven)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 1,951
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptcrunch View Post
With 2 owners? I'd want to get a service history. It seems like something had to be wrong to have the second owner sell it so quickly.
+1, just to know you're in the clear.

If the car has a clean record - based on the description you gave and my purchasing experience earlier this year, I'd agree that you should pay NO MORE than $29.5-$30k out the door. That's roughly $28k before taxes.
__________________


CCA Member

notan///m is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #6
Borisimo
Private First Class
 
Borisimo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 145
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I offered 30k OTD, they would not budge on the price, saying white with nav is a rare combination, kept ignoring the fact that it had 2 owners with sketchy history, bald tires, and some wheel rash. They offered me 30K OTD after my 7k trade in (37K OTD) , I left. Back to looking.
Borisimo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #7
notan///m
Lieutenant Colonel
 
notan///m's Avatar
 
Drives: AY F80 (in the oven)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 1,951
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borisimo View Post
I offered 30k OTD, they would not budge on the price, saying white with nav is a rare combination, kept ignoring the fact that it had 2 owners with sketchy history, bald tires, and some wheel rash. They offered me 30K OTD after my 7k trade in (37K OTD) , I left. Back to looking.
Good decision. Don't look back.
__________________


CCA Member

notan///m is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2012, 11:18 PM   #8
ThreePedAlways
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2009 335ix 6mt
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southeast Michigan

Posts: 33
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 335 ix  [0.00]
Good decision! Maybe if it's there in a month, offer $27k? See how desperate they are for cash flow. Be patient and find something you can trust though. Our cars are supposed to be fun!

At least put some new tires on it, dealer! That's just lazy...and I've had to deal with a lazy dealer lately. Ugh.
ThreePedAlways is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 07:05 AM   #9
mo2566
Second Lieutenant
 
mo2566's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i e90
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SRQ, FL

Posts: 220
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreePedAlways View Post

At least put some new tires on it, dealer! That's just lazy...and I've had to deal with a lazy dealer lately. Ugh.
mo2566 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #10
Borisimo
Private First Class
 
Borisimo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 145
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreePedAlways View Post
Good decision! Maybe if it's there in a month, offer $27k? See how desperate they are for cash flow. Be patient and find something you can trust though. Our cars are supposed to be fun!

At least put some new tires on it, dealer! That's just lazy...and I've had to deal with a lazy dealer lately. Ugh.

I know! When I pointed out the bald tires, the SA's response was "Oh, its a sports car! they look like they're bald when they're brand new! if you look at a new one on the lot, you'll think the tires are bald as well"

The same guy told me "the reason the HPFP breaks is because people don't drive it hard enough, if you just cruise around, you'll blow the HPFP faster"
Borisimo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 10:44 PM   #11
ThreePedAlways
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2009 335ix 6mt
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southeast Michigan

Posts: 33
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 335 ix  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borisimo View Post
I know! When I pointed out the bald tires, the SA's response was "Oh, its a sports car! they look like they're bald when they're brand new! if you look at a new one on the lot, you'll think the tires are bald as well"

The same guy told me "the reason the HPFP breaks is because people don't drive it hard enough, if you just cruise around, you'll blow the HPFP faster"

As someone who works in the auto industry, the stupidity of these comments is absolutely hilarious. I can assure you parts are not designed to break because someone is "just cruising around". A lot of engineering goes into pretty much every part by every major automaker...the sales guy is clearly ignorant and thinks you are too!!

What a load of BS. Run away!!
ThreePedAlways is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST