E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Old twat just taken the trim off my car.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #23
KadeSdad
Colonel
 
KadeSdad's Avatar
 
Drives: E350 CDI Sport Cabriolet
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK

Posts: 2,072
iTrader: (3)

Tell the old fuck to pay up or threaten to boil his grand kids.
KadeSdad is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #24
MEGA
Dieseasal
 
MEGA's Avatar
 
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Harrow, London

Posts: 6,834
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to MEGA
Tell them. And claim off his policy directly if you've got details.

It's not a claim on your policy so it won't affect your premium.

I've been here. Didn't pay an excess and didn't affect my premium. I haven't made a claim off my own policy, the "have you made any claims" but, AFAIK, is only if you've raised a claim on your own policy. Confirm that. But I was told that they didn't even care as it wasn't my policy, when I spoke to mine after a bint in a merc wrote off my pug ..
__________________
Previously: 2003 Peugeot 206 1.6 8v | 2006 E90 320d M-Sport, 19" BBS CH, Full Ice-cold JL audio install, August 2010 Total BMW 6 page feature car. | 2003 Nissan 350Z GT Coupe 286BHP
Now:2010 E92 LCI 335d M-Sport
MEGA is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #25
Kerr
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Aberdeen

Posts: 3,516
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
Tell them. And claim off his policy directly if you've got details.

It's not a claim on your policy so it won't affect your premium.

I've been here. Didn't pay an excess and didn't affect my premium. I haven't made a claim off my own policy, the "have you made any claims" but, AFAIK, is only if you've raised a claim on your own policy. Confirm that. But I was told that they didn't even care as it wasn't my policy, when I spoke to mine after a bint in a merc wrote off my pug ..
You have to make your insurance company aware of any claim regardless of who was at fault or even if it was the other parties insurance that settled.

And yes, the following year you are likely to see an increase in your premium.
Kerr is online now   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #26
dopper99
Brigadier General
 
dopper99's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335d M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 3,785
iTrader: (1)

This kind of thing makes me mad and it clearly looks like the bloke should not be on the road. I've got a lot of respect for the elderly, but if people drive around leaving an uneccessary trail of destruction behind them they are a potential danger to themselves and other road users and could cause a serious accident one day.
Book it in with the police - maybe its not the first time he has done this - if so they may want a word with him. I'm sorry but these people should be stopped from driving if their spatial awareness and reactions are shot.

Did you get any photos of the incident straight after it happened? Position of cars etc....

Hope you get it sorted mate.
dopper99 is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #27
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
 
RockIt's Avatar
 
Drives: Mercedes C350 Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Curry Capital of Yorkshire!

Posts: 1,719
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089
and i do apologise to any OAP member on here if i sounded rude....

but i don't really care if you're a pregant/OAP/child/homeless or whatever, ...

if you fcuk with my car and try to mess me about, i'll be a bigger c*ck than you so don't even try!....
Kev, my father is nearly 84. Used to race around in an original Lotus 7 and is an advanced driver, tested every year for competence. Your younger age doesn't necessarily make you a better driver, although it is clear that reaction time etc. is impaired through advancing years. anyway apology to OAPs taken as intended. However.............

What I can't understand about you after many years of reading your posts, is your incredibly verbally aggressive, anti-everyone who is not you, often ill considered and hugely sexist on the verge of misogynistic posts. It's like listening to a teen who has just discovered that he has a cock! Fuck sake man, grow up and think before you pollute the fecking Internet with your bollocks. We all post shite at times, but you are turning it into a career!!

No offence intended obviously!!




Carl...sorry about your car mate. Hope it gets sorted.
__________________

RockIt!
RockIt is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #28
JJD
Lieutenant
 
JJD's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central Scotland

Posts: 439
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
You have to make your insurance company aware of any claim regardless of who was at fault or even if it was the other parties insurance that settled.

And yes, the following year you are likely to see an increase in your premium.
+1
JJD is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #29
JJD
Lieutenant
 
JJD's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central Scotland

Posts: 439
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
Tell him, if he doesn't pay up, u'll report him to the poilice...at his fcukin age, he shudn't be driving!...assuming hes over 60....hehehe....

fcukin old tw*t!...man, i wud have bullied the fcuk out of him...if he didn't apologized!....he shud be doing a sight test aswell!!!...
What the F*ck are you on?
JJD is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #30
zltm089
Major General
 
zltm089's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

Posts: 7,348
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockIt View Post
Kev, my father is nearly 84. Used to race around in an original Lotus 7 and is an advanced driver, tested every year for competence. Your younger age doesn't necessarily make you a better driver, although it is clear that reaction time etc. is impaired through advancing years. anyway apology to OAPs taken as intended. However.............

What I can't understand about you after many years of reading your posts, is your incredibly verbally aggressive, anti-everyone who is not you, often ill considered and hugely sexist on the verge of misogynistic posts. It's like listening to a teen who has just discovered that he has a cock! Fuck sake man, grow up and think before you pollute the fecking Internet with your bollocks. We all post shite at times, but you are turning it into a career!!

No offence intended obviously!!




Carl...sorry about your car mate. Hope it gets sorted.

Why are you taking this so personal Gav? ( i.e bringing your father into it etc...) Again, what I don't understand is that people just read what other members write and start assuming things!...I got pissed off at THE OLD TW*T that messed up Carl's M3. Not having a go at ALL the OAPs on here or any random OAP! Fcuk sakes, saying something about 1 black/indian/chinese guy and they call you a racist....comment on some nice tits and you're a macho chauvinistic prick....fcukin hell...wtf is wrong with people these days?!

And "anti-everyone" who is not me....on this thread, I'm with Carl, an old tw*t fcuked his M3 up and because of that, his insurance will go up...so I think its fair for me to say whatever I want with regards to THAT particular OAP. So again, if you are on that OAP's side ( I don't think you are in any way affiliated with, i.e hes not ur dad/ friend/ brother... I really don't see why you getting all pissed off for) so you can bugger off too if you don't like it.
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.

Last edited by zltm089; 05-25-2012 at 09:12 PM.
zltm089 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #31
zltm089
Major General
 
zltm089's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

Posts: 7,348
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJD View Post
What the F*ck are you on?
wat? i'm on about that old tw*t, whos damaged Carl's car ...
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
zltm089 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2012, 09:23 PM   #32
zltm089
Major General
 
zltm089's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

Posts: 7,348
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockIt View Post
Kev, my father is nearly 84. Used to race around in an original Lotus 7 and is an advanced driver, tested every year for competence. Your younger age doesn't necessarily make you a better driver, although it is clear that reaction time etc. is impaired through advancing years. anyway apology to OAPs taken as intended. However.............

What I can't understand about you after many years of reading your posts, is your incredibly verbally aggressive, anti-everyone who is not you, often ill considered and hugely sexist on the verge of misogynistic posts. It's like listening to a teen who has just discovered that he has a cock! Fuck sake man, grow up and think before you pollute the fecking Internet with your bollocks. We all post shite at times, but you are turning it into a career!!

No offence intended obviously!!




Carl...sorry about your car mate. Hope it gets sorted.
And also Gav, its with those type of post, this place is turning into PH...where people twist and turn every thread into bitchin internet warrior arguments....you're always saying that e90post has changed, I'm sure we can make it the nice place it used to be...

and I'll start....

In reply to the OP's original post, I would negotiate with the "old tw*t" and avoid insurance route at all cost. If old tw*t plays hard....then report to the police and BULLY THE FCUK OUT OF HIM!....
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
zltm089 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2012, 02:50 AM   #33
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South East

Posts: 1,698
iTrader: (0)

This thread is ridiculous.
A_P is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2012, 03:17 AM   #34
alzieboy
First Lieutenant
 
alzieboy's Avatar
 
Drives: 318d LCI exclusive edition
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Norfolk moved from East London

Posts: 338
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awfully_Polite View Post
This thread is ridiculous.
+ 1
alzieboy is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2012, 03:40 AM   #35
willhollin
Major General
 
willhollin's Avatar
 
Drives: VW T5
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Worcestershire

Posts: 9,907
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
If he doesn't cough up for the repairs and some sort of compensation for your inconvenience, I think you should erect a large cross on his front lawn and crucify him on it. I find this gets the point across well.

HTH
__________________
willhollin is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2012, 03:42 AM   #36
Gibbo
Colonel
 
Gibbo's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf Ed35
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: South East

Posts: 2,292
iTrader: (0)

Carl, feel for you when what feels like an easily avoided accident happens. Looks like you are dammed if you claim for a small value but out of pocket if you pay yourself. I guess I would find out the cost and then see if the guy will pay up and keep it as simple as possible. Good luck.
__________________
Golf Ed35 Black with - Black Leather
Gibbo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2012, 04:21 AM   #37
BMW-Power
Lieutenant
 
BMW-Power's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 330d
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lincolnshire

Posts: 445
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW 330d  [0.00]
Any photos of the damage?
__________________
F30 330d M-Sport
BMW-Power is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2012, 04:29 AM   #38
Hotcoupe
Major General
 
Hotcoupe's Avatar
 
Drives: Don't know yet!
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 6,098
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KadeSdad View Post
Tell the old fuck to pay up or threaten to boil his grand kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
If he doesn't cough up for the repairs and some sort of compensation for your inconvenience, I think you should erect a large cross on his front lawn and crucify him on it. I find this gets the point across well.

HTH
I'm torn between those two suggestions,both have merit,however,the Clarkson solution shouldn't be ignored.

What's your excess on the policy Carl?
If you have to claim on your insurance you might find your excess is more than the cost of the repair.

Hopefully the Guy will come up with some cash,and you can get it sorted privately and without the insurance company being involved.
Hotcoupe is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2012, 05:09 AM   #39
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Thanks for the advice guys. Stuck for what to do next really, the damage is not that bad. Tiny bit of paint off the Door and wherE it lifted the side trim it has scuffed the very end. All clipped back Into place but I can see it.

Annoyed because new trim painted or sourced from a breakers probably won't match and I don't really want the door painted!

I will see what a chips away type dude can do.


Regarding the fella, is it worth complaining to the old bill?

He looked very unwell, I don't want to cause unnecessary stress but do think the old coger should not be on the road.
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2012, 06:37 AM   #40
SO8
Captain
 
Drives: Z4 35iS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK

Posts: 620
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Thanks for the advice guys. Stuck for what to do next really, the damage is not that bad. Tiny bit of paint off the Door and wherE it lifted the side trim it has scuffed the very end. All clipped back Into place but I can see it.

Annoyed because new trim painted or sourced from a breakers probably won't match and I don't really want the door painted!

I will see what a chips away type dude can do.


Regarding the fella, is it worth complaining to the old bill?

He looked very unwell, I don't want to cause unnecessary stress but do think the old coger should not be on the road.
You may be able to write direct to DVLA highlighting your concerns ... they will probably write to him and ask him to go to his Doctors ... depends on his medical history ??

If the police contact DVLA the 'offenders' driving licence is normally suspended pending a check up.
SO8 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2012, 06:57 AM   #41
Kerr
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Aberdeen

Posts: 3,516
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Thanks for the advice guys. Stuck for what to do next really, the damage is not that bad. Tiny bit of paint off the Door and wherE it lifted the side trim it has scuffed the very end. All clipped back Into place but I can see it.

Annoyed because new trim painted or sourced from a breakers probably won't match and I don't really want the door painted!

I will see what a chips away type dude can do.


Regarding the fella, is it worth complaining to the old bill?

He looked very unwell, I don't want to cause unnecessary stress but do think the old coger should not be on the road.
With the trim shaped the way it is you probably would not notice that it is a shade or two out. It probably already is as plastic and metal will never finish the same colour with the same paint.

You don't want the door painted though. You will always see that on silver.

If you report the old guy to the bill I would imagine he would automatically get defensive and that might lead to further issues solving the problem.

You kind of hope his family say enough is enough. On saying that if he does something really bad in the near future that would be bad.

I would try and get him to pay for a repair out of his own pocket.

Some of those smart repair guys work wonders. You might get a good quality smart repair for 100-150 and that would work out much better than having a claim on your record even if 3rd party.

It does stink that even if you have zero blame in an accident it is still held against you.
Kerr is online now   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2012, 07:04 AM   #42
Cyprio
Captain
 
Cyprio's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Audi S4 B/Edition
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Colchester. UK

Posts: 919
iTrader: (2)

Mate, if it makes you feel better you can sign an 'e-petition' (link below).

I still stand by my advice not to offer any information to your insurance company at this point unless you decide to make a claim. If you do contact them and then decide not to make a claim you will need to declare this info if and when you switch to another insurance company.

Deffo try to come to an agreement with the codger first.

Have you contacted him yet?

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/21244

Last edited by Cyprio; 05-26-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Cyprio is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2012, 07:11 AM   #43
Billyray911
Colonel
 
Billyray911's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d Msport,touring
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mind your own business...no,really.

Posts: 2,655
iTrader: (6)

Carl
Damage and annoyance aside,if you really feel that this chap is unwell and therefore unfit to drive,then either contact the dvla or report what has happened to your local station,expressing your concerns.
As mentioned,it's a damage only and you have both complied with the road traffic act regarding your obligations-however having someone who may be seriously ill behind the wheel needs to be explored further.
The DVLA medical unit are very pro-active and due to the possible implications of not acting when informed,they are quite thorough and will revoke a licence pending medical reports.
In recent months,I have reported a couple of people to this unit and have been updated very quickly as to the outcome.
One was an old boy who travelled the wrong way down the motorway and the other was a young chap who had a fit whilst at the wheel.
The former gave up his licence and the latter had his revoked pending further tests.
If you have genuine concerns,It's not malicious to report this,you may be stopping something much more serious down the line.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sou...m90ii1HNH_NL5g
Billyray911 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2012, 07:16 AM   #44
Cyprio
Captain
 
Cyprio's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Audi S4 B/Edition
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Colchester. UK

Posts: 919
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyray911 View Post
Carl
Damage and annoyance aside,if you really feel that this chap is unwell and therefore unfit to drive,then either contact the dvla or report what has happened to your local station,expressing your concerns.
As mentioned,it's a damage only and you have both complied with the road traffic act regarding your obligations-however having someone who may be seriously ill behind the wheel needs to be explored further.
The DVLA medical unit are very pro-active and due to the possible implications of not acting when informed,they are quite thorough and will revoke a licence pending medical reports.
In recent months,I have reported a couple of people to this unit and have been updated very quickly as to the outcome.
One was an old boy who travelled the wrong way down the motorway and the other was a young chap who had a fit whilst at the wheel.
The former gave up his licence and the latter had his revoked pending further tests.
If you have genuine concerns,It's not malicious to report this,you may be stopping something much more serious down the line.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sou...m90ii1HNH_NL5g
Sound advice mate.
Cyprio is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST