E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > sport seat for 2011 335xi (non sport)?

05-26-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
kellym335
Rep

Drives: 335xi Silver

sport seat for 2011 335xi (non sport)?

Bought my first BMW about 3 weeks ago, titanium silver 2011 335xi. I did not buy the sport package as the car only had 5k miles and was a great deal.

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience trying to install sport seats and still able to keep the heating function? After driving my friends car with sport seats I need a pair.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
Dr.GumbyM.D.
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 328i

I would check Real OEM for parts diagrams, but seats seem to be pretty straight forward. I suspect that if the wiring harnesses are the same for both seats (i.e. the adjustments are the same/same amount of motors), and they were both heated, then it should be as easy as undoing the harnesses (including seat-back airbag-like thing) and undoing the seat rails, and swapping the seats over. I'm sure realistically it's a lot more work than that makes it sound like, but that should be it in principal. Check RealOEM for the parts diagrams.

You might have trouble if that sport-seat front-support piece is electrically handled differently, but I don't know if the power splits are before the seat hookups or after (i.e. the seat just gets a 12v line for those, or if they're powered separately from the car).