E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > COBB AP related: Why did the dealership upgrade your DME to 98G1B

05-29-2016, 08:13 AM   #1
LGCubana
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i sedan

Unhappy COBB AP related: Why did the dealership upgrade your DME to 98G1B

We've all seen forum members reporting that their DMEs have been upgraded to 98G1B; which COBB doesn't support.

But I'm trying to filter out those that have actually had this done, versus enthusiastic forum members that are just repeating what they've read.

I had to provide video documentation (of my idle surging on start up), for the dealership to not charge me, for upgrading mine to 98GOB. Based on my experience, it would seem to go against the grain, for the dealership to take on a process that takes a few hours, for no reason at all.

So for those that have had the unfortunate circumstance, please post as to what the dealership gave as an excuse/rationale for the DME "upgrade".
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 08:24 AM   #2
fiftyclick
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 335xi

Roughly for the same reason that the dealership upgraded yours: to fix rough idle issues after WOT or when engine is warm.
Appreciate 0