E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > I phone



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #23
makkan00
Major General
makkan00's Avatar
United Kingdom
127
Rep
7,600
Posts

 
Drives: F10
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

iTrader: (48)

Mate go on to your iphone and press the green button which you use to call somebody.
Get the dial display and type this
*#06#
and it will give you IMEI number of your phone.
entre that to the link posted above and click on check and it will give you the details.

You can also get IMEI number of your phone from the box.

Hope it helps.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #24
makkan00
Major General
makkan00's Avatar
United Kingdom
127
Rep
7,600
Posts

 
Drives: F10
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

iTrader: (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Thanks for all your help buddy Mucho appreciated.
I will wipe it by ''restoring manufac settings'' yeah?
You are welcome bud.
You will need following
Settings > General > Reset > Erase all contents and settings.

If you erase settings only, it will leave all the naughty photos and videos still on your phone
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 10:24 AM   #25
Brennan
'The Godfather'
Brennan's Avatar
No_Country
31
Rep
1,062
Posts

 
Drives: SAAB 9-3 Aero TTiD
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Crossgar, N.Ireland

iTrader: (0)

if its out of warranty you pay a set fee of 120 and you get a like for like iphone, so if your iphone 4 is broke you get a replacement iphone 4, i think it may be a refurbished one with new casing
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #26
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
dxb335d's Avatar
England
381
Rep
29,288
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron.B View Post
if its out of warranty you pay a set fee of 120 and you get a like for like iphone, so if your iphone 4 is broke you get a replacement iphone 4, i think it may be a refurbished one with new casing
Yes I had that before with the 3GS, they are really, good as new though.. New parts etc.
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #27
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
dxb335d's Avatar
England
381
Rep
29,288
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Mate go on to your iphone and press the green button which you use to call somebody.
Get the dial display and type this
*#06#
and it will give you IMEI number of your phone.
entre that to the link posted above and click on check and it will give you the details.

You can also get IMEI number of your phone from the box.

Hope it helps.
Cheers mate, I went into settings and found the seriel number and it comes up under warranty as expected
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #28
makkan00
Major General
makkan00's Avatar
United Kingdom
127
Rep
7,600
Posts

 
Drives: F10
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

iTrader: (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Cheers mate, I went into settings and found the seriel number and it comes up under warranty as expected
Thats what you wanted. All the best mate
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #29
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
26
Rep
2,367
Posts

 
Drives: F21 118d M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Farnborough, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
My I phone 4 is playing up. The buttons are not workign properly. It only 10 months old on a contract. IF I rock up to an Apple shop will they just replace it?
yes without a doubt.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 06:45 AM   #30
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
dxb335d's Avatar
England
381
Rep
29,288
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
I've got an appointment later today. So I deffo just take phone that's it and they are going to replace it?!

I will wipe phone once they say they will change. But what if that just bring out new phone and not current one which will need erasing?

Also will all my pics be saved on iTunes?
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 07:41 AM   #31
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
26
Rep
2,367
Posts

 
Drives: F21 118d M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Farnborough, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
I've got an appointment later today. So I deffo just take phone that's it and they are going to replace it?!

I will wipe phone once they say they will change. But what if that just bring out new phone and not current one which will need erasing?

Also will all my pics be saved on iTunes?
if you have synced them, yes.

just take a backup now and do a full sync.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 08:06 AM   #32
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
dxb335d's Avatar
England
381
Rep
29,288
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
I just plug it in mate it says syncing then back up. I take it thats done and then transferable to my new phone as of todays data on the old one?
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 08:48 AM   #33
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
26
Rep
2,367
Posts

 
Drives: F21 118d M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Farnborough, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
I just plug it in mate it says syncing then back up. I take it thats done and then transferable to my new phone as of todays data on the old one?
should be!

to be sure you can just right clcik your device on the right hadn side and choose SYNC, then choose BACKUP after wards.

but tbh.. it should be fine

if you can see your pictures etc in iTunes thn you have them synced.

good luck!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 09:20 AM   #34
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
45
Rep
3,723
Posts

 
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Aberdeen

iTrader: (0)

The Apple store deletes everything for you.

They make you responsible for pushing the button though.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 11:20 AM   #35
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
dxb335d's Avatar
England
381
Rep
29,288
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Well I have a new phone.

Not sure about loading everything back onto it as it made the old ones slow as a 1.2clio!
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 12:01 PM   #36
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
dxb335d's Avatar
England
381
Rep
29,288
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
A quick but important question...

It seems newer than my old one. Like updated, if I back it up will it revert to the old version like I had on my previous phone? (I never updated the original 4)
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 12:21 PM   #37
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
dxb335d's Avatar
England
381
Rep
29,288
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
A quick but important question...

It seems newer than my old one. Like updated, if I back it up will it revert to the old version like I had on my previous phone? (I never updated the original 4)
See my other post. It wont back it up as I need 10.5 tunes and I dont have it.
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST