E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > Federal 595 RS-RR thoughts?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-08-2016, 02:47 PM   #1
bmwstandfor
New Member
2
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: e36
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: BC

iTrader: (0)

Federal 595 RS-RR thoughts?

Should I? daily and weekend track day
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 01:12 AM   #2
Kong Sheng Han
你的阴茎很小。
Kong Sheng Han's Avatar
North Korea
226
Rep
1,119
Posts

Drives: Something something racecar
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Austin, Texas

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2001 BMW M3  [0.00]
I can't find the RR for sale in the US. Anf the RSR is sold out everywhere it seems. :/

How often do you track?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 11:40 PM   #3
spxxx
Boost
spxxx's Avatar
112
Rep
1,575
Posts

Drives: 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Valley of Silicon, CA - United States

iTrader: (4)

RSR are pretty solid. Where can you find RRs? For occasional track duty the RSR work well for me.
__________________
135i M-Sport FBO
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2016, 07:19 PM   #4
sunny
First Lieutenant
United_States
9
Rep
326
Posts

Drives: 330i Monaco Blue
Join Date: May 2008
Location: central CA

iTrader: (0)

I know where to get em.
3000 East Coast Hwy, Corona Del Mar, CA 92625
Beach city performance.

Just got a set yesterday.
They have rsr and rsrr.
$530.00 installed out the door for rsr.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 11:38 PM   #5
spxxx
Boost
spxxx's Avatar
112
Rep
1,575
Posts

Drives: 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Valley of Silicon, CA - United States

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny
I know where to get em.
3000 East Coast Hwy, Corona Del Mar, CA 92625
Beach city performance.

Just got a set yesterday.
They have rsr and rsrr.
$530.00 installed out the door for rsr.
I run them. Good grip on the track but get greasy just like the RSRs after 10+ hot laps. For the price they're AMAZING, I can get 10-20% off retail with decent sized orders (8+ tires) FYI
__________________
135i M-Sport FBO
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 03:34 AM   #6
feuer
Brigadier General
feuer's Avatar
United_States
627
Rep
3,547
Posts

Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
I run them. Good grip on the track but get greasy just like the RSRs after 10+ hot laps. For the price they're AMAZING, I can get 10-20% off retail with decent sized orders (8+ tires) FYI
Do you have any photos from worn out 595 RS-RR on your car? If yes, please post them here.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 11:07 AM   #7
spxxx
Boost
spxxx's Avatar
112
Rep
1,575
Posts

Drives: 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Valley of Silicon, CA - United States

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer
Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
I run them. Good grip on the track but get greasy just like the RSRs after 10+ hot laps. For the price they're AMAZING, I can get 10-20% off retail with decent sized orders (8+ tires) FYI
Do you have any photos from worn out 595 RS-RR on your car? If yes, please post them here.
Only worn out RS-R as this is my first season running the RR variant and I barely got out. Give me a few weeks haha
__________________
135i M-Sport FBO
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 06:48 PM   #8
ChrisF10
Registered
ChrisF10's Avatar
1
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW M5
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: socal

iTrader: (0)

Hey guys, new to e90post here, but been on e60.net for 10 years now. I have all sizes available in the RS-RR, if you're in SoCal I'm able to acquire at discount for pickups @ our warehouse in Costa Mesa. I'll post pics by the end of the day.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 08:02 PM   #9
ChrisF10
Registered
ChrisF10's Avatar
1
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW M5
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: socal

iTrader: (0)

RS-RR available

list of sizes currently in stock on RS-RR's
225/45/17 stock on the lower end, but re-supply soon.

Special e90post prices available, ranging from 20-25% off (pickup only) shipping is also avail
discounted installation prices avail @ b e a c h c i t y performance

PM me for availability and pricing

205/50ZR15 89W XL
215/45ZR17 87W
225/45ZR17 94W XL
235/45ZR17 94W
215/40ZR17 87W XL
235/40ZR17 90W
255/40ZR17 94W
215/40ZR18 85W
225/40ZR18 92W XL
235/40ZR18 91W
245/40ZR18 93W
265/40ZR18 101W XL
245/40ZR19 98W XL
245/35ZR18 92W XL
255/35ZR18 94W XL
265/35ZR18 97W XL
275/35ZR18 95W
235/35ZR19 91W XL
255/35ZR19 96W XL
265/35ZR19 94W
275/35ZR19 96W

PM me for availability and pricing
Attached Images
     
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2016, 11:34 AM   #10
spxxx
Boost
spxxx's Avatar
112
Rep
1,575
Posts

Drives: 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Valley of Silicon, CA - United States

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF10
list of sizes currently in stock on RS-RR's
225/45/17 stock on the lower end, but re-supply soon.

Special e90post prices available, ranging from 20-25% off (pickup only) shipping is also avail
discounted installation prices avail @ b e a c h c i t y performance

PM me for availability and pricing

205/50ZR15 89W XL
215/45ZR17 87W
225/45ZR17 94W XL
235/45ZR17 94W
215/40ZR17 87W XL
235/40ZR17 90W
255/40ZR17 94W
215/40ZR18 85W
225/40ZR18 92W XL
235/40ZR18 91W
245/40ZR18 93W
265/40ZR18 101W XL
245/40ZR19 98W XL
245/35ZR18 92W XL
255/35ZR18 94W XL
265/35ZR18 97W XL
275/35ZR18 95W
235/35ZR19 91W XL
255/35ZR19 96W XL
265/35ZR19 94W
275/35ZR19 96W

PM me for availability and pricing
Hey I'm Spencer, we talked via email/eBay.

Cool to see you on the forums
__________________
135i M-Sport FBO
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2016, 10:01 PM   #11
mike082802
Lieutenant
24
Rep
520
Posts

Drives: 2010 135
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: ny

iTrader: (2)

how do the rsrr compare to the rsr? i have the rsr in 265/245 and paid 402 out the door for the set. there is no tire for 100$ that comes even close to these. they do get greasy after 10-15 laps just like you said, just ran them last monday at a 4 mile pocono track which had 2 nascar straights. i did notice the rsrr are 200 tread wear as opposed to 140 for the rsr.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 08:21 AM   #12
feuer
Brigadier General
feuer's Avatar
United_States
627
Rep
3,547
Posts

Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike082802 View Post
i did notice the rsrr are 200 tread wear as opposed to 140 for the rsr.
Wrong, RSR-R are 140
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 03:50 PM   #13
mike082802
Lieutenant
24
Rep
520
Posts

Drives: 2010 135
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: ny

iTrader: (2)

i guess the federal website and the first picture are wrong einstein........
http://www.federaltire.com/en/produc...s_detail_sn=36

again anyone know how these compare to the rsr?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 08:41 PM   #14
spxxx
Boost
spxxx's Avatar
112
Rep
1,575
Posts

Drives: 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Valley of Silicon, CA - United States

iTrader: (4)

Treadwear 200
Attached Images
 
__________________
135i M-Sport FBO
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2016, 01:11 PM   #15
feuer
Brigadier General
feuer's Avatar
United_States
627
Rep
3,547
Posts

Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike082802 View Post
i guess the federal website and the first picture are wrong einstein........
http://www.federaltire.com/en/produc...s_detail_sn=36

again anyone know how these compare to the rsr?
I guess sometimes even Einstein can be wrong...
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2016, 01:13 PM   #16
feuer
Brigadier General
feuer's Avatar
United_States
627
Rep
3,547
Posts

Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (2)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-NEW-225-45...3D111725074282

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-NEW-245-35...hXm8f-&vxp=mtr

Also 140 treadwear...
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2016, 11:38 PM   #17
mike082802
Lieutenant
24
Rep
520
Posts

Drives: 2010 135
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: ny

iTrader: (2)

what does the side of your tire say. federals website lists 200, spencer has 200. possible they forgot to change the label? knock offs? no clue but id trust the manufacturer.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2016, 11:00 AM   #18
Sgop335
Major
Sgop335's Avatar
United_States
153
Rep
1,147
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i Coupe sport pkg
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: MD

iTrader: (1)

Funny, first pic on top says 200.
__________________
Space grau metallic / Dakota red leather
Own 93oct tune w MHD, 3rd, 65f
http://www.datazap.me/u/sgop335/3rd-...=0&data=4-5-22
370hp, 390lbft virtual dynojet
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2016, 07:57 PM   #19
ChrisF10
Registered
ChrisF10's Avatar
1
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW M5
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: socal

iTrader: (0)

Spencer! Small world! Nice to see here too man.

So regarding the 200/140, the RS-RR is more of a 140. The reason behind the 200 (U.S.) rating is that most tracks here require tires to have 200. (IDK why) So basically as long as the tire SAYS 200 on them, you're good to go on the track. Think bridgestone RE-71. Just like the RS-RR they say 200 but really a sticky 140.

In regards to the RS-R vs RS-RR my response from Federal is that RS-R is tailored for the drifting segment, and RS-RR is designed for the track enthusiasts, auto-x, etc, etc. They have specifically stated for marketing purposes not to connect the two lines together. The RS-R is not the predecessor of the RS-RR, rather they are different designs on their own.

Hope this helps

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
Hey I'm Spencer, we talked via email/eBay.

Cool to see you on the forums
Appreciate 1
      10-03-2016, 09:18 AM   #20
feuer
Brigadier General
feuer's Avatar
United_States
627
Rep
3,547
Posts

Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF10 View Post
So regarding the 200/140, the RS-RR is more of a 140. The reason behind the 200 (U.S.) rating is that most tracks here require tires to have 200. (IDK why) So basically as long as the tire SAYS 200 on them, you're good to go on the track. Think bridgestone RE-71. Just like the RS-RR they say 200 but really a sticky 140.
s
I appreciate the insight but still does not explain why we have RS-RR 140tw available on the US market as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2016, 01:59 PM   #21
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Kgolf31's Avatar
228
Rep
4,501
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF10 View Post
Spencer! Small world! Nice to see here too man.

So regarding the 200/140, the RS-RR is more of a 140. The reason behind the 200 (U.S.) rating is that most tracks here require tires to have 200. (IDK why) So basically as long as the tire SAYS 200 on them, you're good to go on the track. Think bridgestone RE-71. Just like the RS-RR they say 200 but really a sticky 140.

In regards to the RS-R vs RS-RR my response from Federal is that RS-R is tailored for the drifting segment, and RS-RR is designed for the track enthusiasts, auto-x, etc, etc. They have specifically stated for marketing purposes not to connect the two lines together. The RS-R is not the predecessor of the RS-RR, rather they are different designs on their own.

Hope this helps

Regards
It's because most sanctioned clubs (like ChumpCar, SCCA Street Tire Classes...etc) dictate a treadwear of 200 to be deemed legal for use.

With that being said, treadwear is very wishy washy. A RS3v2 140 treadwear will wear away slower than a RE-71R at 200 tw
__________________

Appreciate 1
      10-03-2016, 07:33 PM   #22
sunny
First Lieutenant
United_States
9
Rep
326
Posts

Drives: 330i Monaco Blue
Join Date: May 2008
Location: central CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF10 View Post
list of sizes currently in stock on RS-RR's
225/45/17 stock on the lower end, but re-supply soon.

Special e90post prices available, ranging from 20-25% off (pickup only) shipping is also avail
discounted installation prices avail @ b e a c h c i t y performance

PM me for availability and pricing

205/50ZR15 89W XL
215/45ZR17 87W
225/45ZR17 94W XL
235/45ZR17 94W
215/40ZR17 87W XL
235/40ZR17 90W
255/40ZR17 94W
215/40ZR18 85W
225/40ZR18 92W XL
235/40ZR18 91W
245/40ZR18 93W
265/40ZR18 101W XL
245/40ZR19 98W XL
245/35ZR18 92W XL
255/35ZR18 94W XL
265/35ZR18 97W XL
275/35ZR18 95W
235/35ZR19 91W XL
255/35ZR19 96W XL
265/35ZR19 94W
275/35ZR19 96W

PM me for availability and pricing



Since you are here,
I got 2x235 40 18 and 2x255 35 18 rsr on my spare rims from you guys about 3 weeks ago
But I just installed it on my car.
At first I thought everything is ok but as soon as I reach 80mph, the car starts to shake.
And the shaking increases as the speed increases from 80.
I did some searching and it may be that the tires are not balanced correctly.
So here I am at America Tires right now getting all 4 tires rebalanced.
Im so far from OC that driving back to Beach City is not even worth it.
Ill let you guys know if rebalancing fixed shaking issue....


My first impression is that the tires are wide and heavy.
But the good thing is that the sidewall is quite stiff almost stiff as runflat.
Im hoping I can make it to buttonwillow this sunday.:mad0260.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:12 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST