E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > quick advice

05-31-2012, 05:06 AM   #1
magic77
Colonel

Drives: 320

quick advice

Having bit of trouble with local window and facia firm and wanted some opinion.

Basically 2 years ago they did all my facias, boards and gutters.

Everything was fine (mostly apart from them forgetting to a 2f oot pipe in the ground which they removed causing some flooding outside luckily)

THis got sorted within a month so no major damage but kind a tells you the detail of work.

However this winter the sofits started to rattle like mad from the wind. Few times so bad they wake everybody up. Its clear they are loose and need re fitting or glueing.

So the firm in question offers 10 year workmanship guarantee (fensa and cpa registered). They sent a guy out to inspect who confirmed that they are loose and either refit or glueing is needed.

Now since then they have done everything to get out of it. Giving dates the crew will come and no arrival. Now as I chased the a of a boss / owner is getting typical cowboy wants survey reports etc as all of a sudden its notthing of their fault. Even though they confirmed it on site alreayd work needs doing. According to him its nothing to do with facias its the roof tiles as well which are rattling. Amazing how he can deduce this without being on site.

I'm thinking of going straight to trading standards or using some of that great house insurance legal cover.

Could fix it myself but with dodgy hip 3 flors up on a ladder I dont fancy.

Any ideas what else I can do. Dont really have money to get a surveryor out since I recall they cost a fortune

Titanium Silver E90 LCI 320D M Sport Saloon
- Logic 7/ USB Connectity and Bluetooth/ Visibility Pack (Xenons, Adaptive Lights,Auto Wipers Lights and Corner Lights) / Sun Protection Glass/M Spoiler / Brake Ducts / BMW Performance Pack / BBS Wheels / SS Cat Back straight through with BCS Backbox
      05-31-2012, 05:14 AM   #2
webwysard
Captain

Drives: CUPRA R

Don't let them get away easily as its their fault and they have admitted it.

Phone the organisations they are registed with if that falls through then go to Trading standards.

And don't do it youself.
webwysard is offline   United Kingdom
      05-31-2012, 05:22 AM   #3
magic77
Colonel

Drives: 320

last communicaton with them given them until Friday week to offer a plan of resolution.

Once this passes will contact Fensa and speak to TS.

No chance of doing it myself right now I can just about walk up the stairs due to my hip

Shame I dont know any surveyors that would be a good trump card

Titanium Silver E90 LCI 320D M Sport Saloon
- Logic 7/ USB Connectity and Bluetooth/ Visibility Pack (Xenons, Adaptive Lights,Auto Wipers Lights and Corner Lights) / Sun Protection Glass/M Spoiler / Brake Ducts / BMW Performance Pack / BBS Wheels / SS Cat Back straight through with BCS Backbox