E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > 3 E90's in 3 months. I guess i'm crazy right?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-31-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
Jack_Vang
Private
 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lawrenceville/Atlanta

Posts: 78
iTrader: (5)

3 E90's in 3 months. I guess i'm crazy right?

I go through cars like no tomorrow and I want to believe that the reason is that I get bored of the car quickly or aspire for something else. It wasn't until I rode in the 335i that I really had that satisfied feeling. Within the past six years i've had the following cars:

2007 Tiburon GS (i4) auto
2007 Tiburon GS (i4) Manual
2004 Tiburon SE (V6 Supercharged) Manual
2004 Nissan 350z Touring
2003 Mitsubishi Evolution 8
2000 Honda S2000
1998 Honda Civic Hatchback K20 (stolen)
2006 Honda Civic SI
2007 Subaru STI
2008 Toyota Camry SE
2010 Honda Accord SE
2011 Honda Insight LX

^And this is where the Bimmer craze began, when I got this dealership in Atlanta to do a straight trade for my 2011 Insight (13.5k miles) for their 2007 328i sedan with 38k miles.

After purchasing the 328i I contemplated on modding but then realized that the 335i was much more capable (duh) and traded it in a month later for a 07 335i sedan for a 1200.00 difference.

A month later, i'm still in love with the car but I really do feel like a manual transmission and the coupe body would fill in those leftover desires. Today I will be trading in the 07 335i sedan for a 08 335i coupe for an $1000.00 difference (I work the piss out of these guys to get my trades worth).

It's going to be about a 2.5 hour drive but I think it's going to be completely worth it. I have the BMS DCI and JB4 on the car currently and pulls but I want to feel that power when rowing my own gears.

Maybe i'm just crazy but I think i'll finally be at peace once I pick up the 335i coupe. To me the coupe is more attractive looking and again, the thought of shifting gears just seems so bad ass. The wife hates the decision but I couldn't find any other car that's made me as happy as the 335i AND since it's a manual she won't able to drive it to those cursed malls that leaves door dings on my car.

I've looked at RS4's, G37, IS350s, 370s, and it all just seems like I have to compromise something whereas the 335i has just about everything I desire. Comfort, looks, brand whore roundel, and power.

Last edited by Jack_Vang; 05-31-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Jack_Vang is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2012, 11:12 AM   #2
zanelefko
Lieutenant
 
zanelefko's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: So Fla

Posts: 404
iTrader: (0)

I had 8 cars last year. Don't feel alone. I'm also 20 years old lol sometimes I feel like I should be on that new show coming out about guys who trade things...forgot what it was called
__________________
VRSF DP / DCI / JB4 / ETS FMIC / ETS Charge pipe / Tial BOV /
zanelefko is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
bbbuzzy
Lieutenant
 
Drives: '06 330i ZSP,ZPP
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: north of Boston

Posts: 409
iTrader: (0)

Here in Mass, you have to pay sales tax for this type of transaction on the full price of the vehicle. Your vehicle swapping gets really expensive, regardless of the trad-in price or purchase price you can negotiate. better for your financial future to do some research, understand what you really want, and live with that decision for a while. Best of luck.
__________________
'06 330i MT, sport,premium
'05 XC70 (family truckster)
'05 Sienna XLE LTD AWD (road tripper)
bbbuzzy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2012, 01:30 PM   #4
MOAB
Major
 
MOAB's Avatar
 
Drives: Porsche & BMW
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,077
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Vang View Post
I go through cars like no tomorrow and I want to believe that the reason is that I get bored of the car quickly or aspire for something else. It wasn't until I rode in the 335i that I really had that satisfied feeling. Within the past six years i've had the following cars:

2007 Tiburon GS (i4) auto
2007 Tiburon GS (i4) Manual
2004 Tiburon SE (V6 Supercharged) Manual
2004 Nissan 350z Touring
2003 Mitsubishi Evolution 8
2000 Honda S2000
1998 Honda Civic Hatchback K20 (stolen)
2006 Honda Civic SI
2007 Subaru STI
2008 Toyota Camry SE
2010 Honda Accord SE
2011 Honda Insight LX

^And this is where the Bimmer craze began, when I got this dealership in Atlanta to do a straight trade for my 2011 Insight (13.5k miles) for their 2007 328i sedan with 38k miles.

After purchasing the 328i I contemplated on modding but then realized that the 335i was much more capable (duh) and traded it in a month later for a 07 335i sedan for a 1200.00 difference.

A month later, i'm still in love with the car but I really do feel like a manual transmission and the coupe body would fill in those leftover desires. Today I will be trading in the 07 335i sedan for a 08 335i coupe for an $1000.00 difference (I work the piss out of these guys to get my trades worth).

It's going to be about a 2.5 hour drive but I think it's going to be completely worth it. I have the BMS DCI and JB4 on the car currently and pulls but I want to feel that power when rowing my own gears.

Maybe i'm just crazy but I think i'll finally be at peace once I pick up the 335i coupe. To me the coupe is more attractive looking and again, the thought of shifting gears just seems so bad ass. The wife hates the decision but I couldn't find any other car that's made me as happy as the 335i AND since it's a manual she won't able to drive it to those cursed malls that leaves door dings on my car.

I've looked at RS4's, G37, IS350s, 370s, and it all just seems like I have to compromise something whereas the 335i has just about everything I desire. Comfort, looks, brand whore roundel, and power.
I pity your wife.
__________________
March-November - '09 C4S (PDK, Akrapovic)
December-February - '00 323 (only mod - snow tires)
MOAB is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
C ///M
First Lieutenant
 
C ///M's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 X3 M-Sport
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago

Posts: 395
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
How you traded an '07 328 for an '07 335 for only $1200 seems totally nuts to me. What was the mileage difference? I'd imagine the 328 must have had no miles for a much higher mileage 335, that's the only way I can figure it out, considering you traded a 335 for another 335 for only $200 less...

I don't think there's an easier decision and I think virtually every 328 owner here would take the 335 if it only cost them a grand. Care to share the details on that trade?
__________________
Prototype 2007 Monaco E83 'X3M' | N54T Swap | Gruppe M CF CAI | FMIC, DPs, CP, & Dual Oil Coolers TBD | Dual 2.5" Piping w/X-Pipe | M3 Rear Exhaust | 20" BC Forged HB05S | Michelin PSS 275 & 305 | F10 M5 & F30 M Brakes | KW Variant 2 | H&R Sways | BMW Performance Grills w/Tri-Color | Custom M Body Treatment | CF Trim | M Performance Carbon Shift & Handbrake Knobs | BMW Performance SS Pedals | M3 Dead Pedal | V1 Hardwired | Int LEDs | Umnitza Orion v4 AE & More
C ///M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2012, 01:57 PM   #6
V-Viper
Private
 
V-Viper's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Brockton, MA

Posts: 68
iTrader: (0)

Why are earth are people spending that much money on tax/title/reg and where are you finding the time to shop around for so many cars. It takes me months to fall in love with a model and to shop for that perfect deal.
V-Viper is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2012, 03:35 PM   #7
luv135i
Captain
 
luv135i's Avatar
 
Drives: White
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: GA

Posts: 834
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbuzzy View Post
Here in Mass, you have to pay sales tax for this type of transaction on the full price of the vehicle. Your vehicle swapping gets really expensive, regardless of the trad-in price or purchase price you can negotiate. better for your financial future to do some research, understand what you really want, and live with that decision for a while. Best of luck.
were lucky in georgia....only taxed on the amount after the trade
__________________
2010 135i AW
2011 328i AW
luv135i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2012, 05:02 PM   #8
E90Company
Major General
 
E90Company's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

Posts: 6,145
iTrader: (2)

Keep your sedan, and mod the exterior. It will look much better than the coupe. Second, keep the auto. It's faster
E90Company is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2012, 10:55 PM   #9
Jack_Vang
Private
 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lawrenceville/Atlanta

Posts: 78
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv135i View Post
were lucky in georgia....only taxed on the amount after the trade
Exactly
Jack_Vang is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2012, 10:58 PM   #10
Jack_Vang
Private
 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lawrenceville/Atlanta

Posts: 78
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C ///M View Post
How you traded an '07 328 for an '07 335 for only $1200 seems totally nuts to me. What was the mileage difference? I'd imagine the 328 must have had no miles for a much higher mileage 335, that's the only way I can figure it out, considering you traded a 335 for another 335 for only $200 less...

I don't think there's an easier decision and I think virtually every 328 owner here would take the 335 if it only cost them a grand. Care to share the details on that trade?
328i with sport package had 33k miles on it. Honestly, I just go on autotrader and send several dealers my situation. Car info, vin, payment amounts, and current payoff. I'll then post that I only have about X amount to put down and I need to keep the same or near payments and payoff and that if it's possible then please reply. I always wait until the end of the month as well.

You'd be surprised really how many replies I get. The ones that respond most frequently are usually dealerships that aren't BMW.

The ones i've dealt with so far are..

Atlanta Sports and Import (Honda Insight to 328i)
Greene Ford (328i to 335i sedan)
Cornerstone Auto Brokers (335i Sedan to 335i coupe)

Last edited by Jack_Vang; 05-31-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Jack_Vang is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2012, 04:00 AM   #11
tamster00
Uhh, Hi =)
 
Drives: 11' E90 335i, 12' Fit Sport
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Daly City

Posts: 279
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to tamster00
Stick with the 335i, i went from an loaded 08' 328i sedan to a new 11' 335i sedan with almost everything loaded minus comfort access and can't be any happier. If that doesn't work for you, m3 it
__________________
Was - 08' E90 328i|Sparkling Graphite Metallic|AA Tune|Steptronic|Navigation|Comfort Access|Sport|Matte Black Kidneys

Now - 11' E90 335i Performance Edition|Space Gray Metallic|Sport|Premium|Navigation|Steptronic|JB4|E R Charge Pipe|HP Autowerks Foam Filter
tamster00 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2012, 11:14 PM   #12
gl512
New Member
 
Drives: pending
Join Date: May 2012
Location: seattle

Posts: 11
iTrader: (0)

you should stick with the e90 for a bit longer, then get the f32 when its wider in distribution.
gl512 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST