E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Cannot find the Golf Tee Mod for 335i



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-17-2007, 08:22 AM   #111
Bubbles
Green Bastard
 
Bubbles's Avatar
 
Drives: ZCP-Powered
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bishop Bend

Posts: 3,550
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phazedkid View Post
ahh beat me to it. haha.

but to quote from that thread,
Ah yes "The Cable Disconnect Method".
__________________
Bubbles is offline   Cayman Islands
0
Reply With Quote
      07-17-2007, 09:01 AM   #112
E90Russ
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan (E90)
Join Date: May 2007
Location: PHX, AZ

Posts: 363
iTrader: (0)

Between this mod and the diverter valve mod, you can have a car that sounds pretty sporty.
E90Russ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-17-2007, 09:44 AM   #113
RiXst3r
 
RiXst3r's Avatar
 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ohio

Posts: 6,495
iTrader: (14)

Send a message via AIM to RiXst3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Russ View Post
Between this mod and the diverter valve mod, you can have a car that sounds pretty sporty.
did anyone figure out if that diverter mod thing was safe or not? someone here with a boost guage was saying that it caused really bad boost spikes that went away as soon as he put it back...
RiXst3r is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-17-2007, 02:08 PM   #114
PiperD
Clutch pedal >> Dead pedal
 
Drives: '11 e92 335is 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: GTA

Posts: 709
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
After one day driving with this mod, I can say that I really like hearing the exhaust clearly when rev matching (6MT)... but I'm undecided concerning the droning during steady-state driving (ie, highway cruising)
__________________
In my garage: '11 e92 335is 6MT (05/10) SpGrey/CoralRed/GlacSlvr ExecPkg/NavPkg/19" 225M
Retired: '07 e92 335i 6MT (12/06) SpklgGrpht/CoralRed/GreyPoplar
Retired: '04 330Ci M-Sport 6MT SilverGrey/NaturalTan/MyrtleWood
Retired: '00 328Ci 5MT SteelGrey/Grey/MyrtleWood
Retired: '87 Pontiac Grand-Am 3AT White/Grey
PiperD is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-17-2007, 02:55 PM   #115
andrewflk
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Maryland

Posts: 122
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiperD View Post
An enterprising member has found a much easier solution: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...26&postcount=1
I did the “unplug the solenoid” method (described in the post above) before I left for work this morning and it's definitely the easiest way to go. When you look at the connector you will see a metal clip that looks like it should be pulled out...It actually needs to be pushed-in to release the plug.
andrewflk is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-17-2007, 05:15 PM   #116
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
 
Mr. 5's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surf City, HB

Posts: 8,626
iTrader: (31)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiperD View Post
After one day driving with this mod, I can say that I really like hearing the exhaust clearly when rev matching (6MT)... but I'm undecided concerning the droning during steady-state driving (ie, highway cruising)
droning with stock exhaust?
__________________
e36 M3 Coupe, e36 325i Sedan
e90 335i--SOLD

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Mr. 5 is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      07-17-2007, 05:23 PM   #117
DanMardik
Captain
 
Drives: 08 INFINITI G37S
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 729
iTrader: (0)

I'm not getting any droning personally.
__________________
RIP 2007 335i Sedan
DanMardik is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-17-2007, 05:32 PM   #118
jbake
OG
 
jbake's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Valley Jo

Posts: 920
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335I  [0.00]
the lead pellet worked great, just put it in and put the hose back on, took about 2 minutes.

no droning, just a tad louder sound. had this mod on my e46 330ci for years with no problems.
__________________
jbake is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-17-2007, 06:26 PM   #119
SpiralOut
Captain
 
SpiralOut's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NC

Posts: 788
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewflk View Post
I did the “unplug the solenoid” method (described in the post above) before I left for work this morning and it's definitely the easiest way to go. When you look at the connector you will see a metal clip that looks like it should be pulled out...It actually needs to be pushed-in to release the plug.
Thanks for the info. That clip was a little tricky to figure out.... especially since you can really only see the top of the thing.

Anyway, just did it and went for a quick spin... it seems a bit louder around 2-3k, but that's about the only difference I notice so far. The car actually felt a bit faster, but then again it was a quick spin and could be all in my head and temps only got up to like 190 or so.... I'll test it out better tomorrow.
SpiralOut is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-17-2007, 07:30 PM   #120
sflgator
Major General
 
sflgator's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: U.S.

Posts: 5,389
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOut View Post
Thanks for the info. That clip was a little tricky to figure out.... especially since you can really only see the top of the thing.

Anyway, just did it and went for a quick spin... it seems a bit louder around 2-3k, but that's about the only difference I notice so far. The car actually felt a bit faster, but then again it was a quick spin and could be all in my head and temps only got up to like 190 or so.... I'll test it out better tomorrow.
You'll notice the significant difference in sound in the morning, when your start it up cold.
__________________

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
sflgator is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-17-2007, 07:39 PM   #121
PiperD
Clutch pedal >> Dead pedal
 
Drives: '11 e92 335is 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: GTA

Posts: 709
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
droning with stock exhaust?
Yes, droning with the stock exhaust.

Since performing the mod there's a noticeable, constant exhaust hum at highway speed. I usually drive at 120-140km/h on the highway.

That's just my observation, take it or leave it. Anybody can perform the mod and evaluate for themselves.
__________________
In my garage: '11 e92 335is 6MT (05/10) SpGrey/CoralRed/GlacSlvr ExecPkg/NavPkg/19" 225M
Retired: '07 e92 335i 6MT (12/06) SpklgGrpht/CoralRed/GreyPoplar
Retired: '04 330Ci M-Sport 6MT SilverGrey/NaturalTan/MyrtleWood
Retired: '00 328Ci 5MT SteelGrey/Grey/MyrtleWood
Retired: '87 Pontiac Grand-Am 3AT White/Grey
PiperD is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2007, 02:17 AM   #122
e.n335
Moderator
 
e.n335's Avatar
 
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Switzerland, ZH

Posts: 4,480
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiperD View Post
Yes, droning with the stock exhaust.

Since performing the mod there's a noticeable, constant exhaust hum at highway speed. I usually drive at 120-140km/h on the highway.

That's just my observation, take it or leave it. Anybody can perform the mod and evaluate for themselves.
I evaluated, still do and have no droning. Not at all.

Cheers
Eugen
__________________
Not more than 500 chp for my daily driver. Well, ... .
e.n335 is offline   Austria
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2007, 07:59 AM   #123
Shinchan
LED Rules
 
Shinchan's Avatar
 
Drives: Sold: 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boston

Posts: 790
iTrader: (0)

unplug the solenoid

Can someone take a pic of this?
__________________
LED Pimp...
13 Audi S4...
Shinchan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2007, 08:49 AM   #124
Taimur
Private First Class
 
Drives: Future '15 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 102
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewflk View Post
I did the “unplug the solenoid” method (described in the post above) before I left for work this morning and it's definitely the easiest way to go. When you look at the connector you will see a metal clip that looks like it should be pulled out...It actually needs to be pushed-in to release the plug.
Thanks this process helped and was very easy.

I just unpluged it but what noise are you talking about. Maybe I'm deaf but you guys seem to amaze me if you can hear anything noticeable.
__________________
'07 Bmw 335i 6 speed
'97 Supra 6 speed (BL 74-GTS)
Taimur is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2007, 09:37 AM   #125
DanMardik
Captain
 
Drives: 08 INFINITI G37S
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 729
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.n335 View Post
I evaluated, still do and have no droning. Not at all.

Cheers
Eugen
I think this is a case of inproper word usage.
__________________
RIP 2007 335i Sedan
DanMardik is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2007, 09:55 AM   #126
E90Russ
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan (E90)
Join Date: May 2007
Location: PHX, AZ

Posts: 363
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r View Post
did anyone figure out if that diverter mod thing was safe or not? someone here with a boost guage was saying that it caused really bad boost spikes that went away as soon as he put it back...
i haven't read anything like that. i doubt that's even possible. you're just venting to atmosphere rather than back into the intake. it's good for sound and that's about it.
E90Russ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2007, 09:58 AM   #127
PiperD
Clutch pedal >> Dead pedal
 
Drives: '11 e92 335is 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: GTA

Posts: 709
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e.n335 View Post
I evaluated, still do and have no droning. Not at all.
Okay.

I guess I'm just one of the people BMW was also considering when they engineered the flap.
__________________
In my garage: '11 e92 335is 6MT (05/10) SpGrey/CoralRed/GlacSlvr ExecPkg/NavPkg/19" 225M
Retired: '07 e92 335i 6MT (12/06) SpklgGrpht/CoralRed/GreyPoplar
Retired: '04 330Ci M-Sport 6MT SilverGrey/NaturalTan/MyrtleWood
Retired: '00 328Ci 5MT SteelGrey/Grey/MyrtleWood
Retired: '87 Pontiac Grand-Am 3AT White/Grey
PiperD is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-19-2007, 01:56 PM   #128
David1
Colonel
 
David1's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: City With No Room For Ludicris Speed!

Posts: 2,599
iTrader: (0)

I did the unplug the solenoid, great mod just enough sound.
David1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-19-2007, 01:58 PM   #129
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
 
HyperM3's Avatar
 
Drives: See Sig
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, NJ

Posts: 6,169
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to HyperM3 Send a message via Yahoo to HyperM3
I did it yesterday as well. Honestly couldnt really tell any difference. Granted my windows were closed the whole time but its still pretty quiet. The only time I heard some drone was when I was going up hill. Other than that Ill just leave it unplugged, if anything maybe both my tips will get equally dirty now.
__________________
13 HD FatBob
14 Audi S6
Audi Brand Specialist @ Princeton Audi
HyperM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-19-2007, 03:34 PM   #130
ezatnova
Colonel
 
ezatnova's Avatar
 
Drives: C63 AMG
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: West Chester, PA

Posts: 2,188
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r View Post
actually, it is OBVIOUSLY louder

your ears must be full of wax
I have to agree. Windows down, you hear "pop-poppoppop-pop-pop" when you let off of the gas, especially in low gears with good engine breaking forces. With windows up I actually get a drone and find it bordering on annoying. I may undo this mod in the winter when I have the windows up all the time. Both cases are darn obvious.

Last edited by ezatnova; 07-19-2007 at 05:07 PM.
ezatnova is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-19-2007, 03:46 PM   #131
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
 
HyperM3's Avatar
 
Drives: See Sig
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, NJ

Posts: 6,169
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to HyperM3 Send a message via Yahoo to HyperM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezatnova View Post
I have to agree. Windows down, you hear "pop-poppoppop-pop-pop" when you let off of the gas, especially in low gears with good engine breaking forces. With windows up I actually get a drone and find it boardering on annoying. I may undo this mod in the winter when I have the windows up all the time. Both cases are darn obvious.
I drove home today with all the windows down and no radio. I still couldnt really hear a difference. I heard popping upon startup and idle. But after that, hardly anything. I didnt really get on it hard but so far in just cruising traffic mode, not a darn difference.
__________________
13 HD FatBob
14 Audi S6
Audi Brand Specialist @ Princeton Audi
HyperM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-19-2007, 03:59 PM   #132
e.n335
Moderator
 
e.n335's Avatar
 
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Switzerland, ZH

Posts: 4,480
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
I drove home today with all the windows down and no radio. I still couldnt really hear a difference. I heard popping upon startup and idle. But after that, hardly anything. I didnt really get on it hard but so far in just cruising traffic mode, not a darn difference.
Do you have an e90 or e92/93 ?
__________________
Not more than 500 chp for my daily driver. Well, ... .
e.n335 is offline   Austria
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST