E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Newbie Mr 5 Intake vacuum line question

06-01-2012, 05:56 AM   #1
Gustee
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi e90

Newbie Mr 5 Intake vacuum line question

Attached photo shows vacuum line "T" right where Mr 5 exits. I'm afraid to really crank that "T" for fear of snapping it. Tried hair dryer...how do you re-position that out of the way???

Thanks,
-Gus
Attached Images

2009 e90 space grey 335i, MT w/ PP, CW, CA, Sport. Stock except for DCI, DD. It really needs a Wavetrac!
Parted out 335xi Pre-LCI, still have parts for sale...

Last edited by Gustee; 06-01-2012 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: different picture
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

I never had an issue with mine. I just moved it around so it wasn't pinched. If you are asking how to install the intake without cracking it, just unhook and open the entire tube from the vacuum connection (near the front of the intake not picutred on your photo) and move it out of the way.
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
Gustee
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Mr 5 intake install detail question

No, problem is just the downwards direction of the vacuum line "T" is exactly where the Mr 5 tubing comes out of the stock box...

2009 e90 space grey 335i, MT w/ PP, CW, CA, Sport. Stock except for DCI, DD. It really needs a Wavetrac!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
Lulz_M3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335i 6MT

Just heat up the t section and rotate it.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 06:00 PM   #5
stopper
Person of Interest
United_States
Rep
Drives: A petrol-engine motorcar

For me, this was the biggest pain for the mr. intake, as it wasn't as simple as heating up up and rotating it and tada you're done! I was using a professional heat gun (not hairdryer) and going to town on that damn thing and it wasn't budging.

The only way I got it to rotate was by holding the hose at each connection of the "T" (after heating) with a rubber non-slip grip, and using a pair of pliers on the plastic part of the "T" to slowly twist the 3-flanged nipple inside the connected vac lines. It worked but my T-connector definitely has some bite marks around it.

Flanged nipples. Just wanted to say that again.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #6
Gustee
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopper View Post
For me, this was the biggest pain for the mr. intake, as it wasn't as simple as heating up up and rotating it and tada you're done! I was using a professional heat gun (not hairdryer) and going to town on that damn thing and it wasn't budging.

The only way I got it to rotate was by holding the hose at each connection of the "T" (after heating) with a rubber non-slip grip, and using a pair of pliers on the plastic part of the "T" to slowly twist the 3-flanged nipple inside the connected vac lines. It worked but my T-connector definitely has some bite marks around it.

Flanged nipples. Just wanted to say that again.
Okay, so I'm not crazy. Thanks.

Appreciate 0