Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

  E90Post
 


TireRack

   PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > No spare tire for e93?



Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Wheel offset calculator courtesy of BimmerPost.com. You may use this calculator to calculate what tire sizes you might need if you upgrade your tires, or what wheel sizes/offsets are compatible with your car.
    Current Wheel Width  inches             Current Wheel Offset  mm.
         New Wheel Width  inches                  New Wheel Offset  mm.
 
TIRE WIDTH
/
ASPECT RATIO
- WHEEL DIAMETER
ORIGINAL TIRES
/
NEW TIRES
/
Based on your stock wheel setup, your new wheel will have:
Original Tires Diameter (in.)
      New Tires Diameter (in.)
  Difference in diameter (in.)
           Percent Difference %
                     
Speedo @60mph will read: mph
Collapse/Expand the BimmerPost Wheel and Tire calculator
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-02-2012, 06:58 AM   #1
1thirtyfizzo
Second Lieutenant
 
1thirtyfizzo's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 335i and E82 135i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pennsylvania

Posts: 206
iTrader: (0)

No spare tire for e93?

While replacing the halogen bulb to LED in my trunk i can't seem to find the spare tire. So BMW didn't put one in there bc of limited space or is it an option that i didn't have? Does any e93 owner here have one or a picture of a spare tire in their e93? I'm definitely interested in having one, don't wanna get stranded if i get a flat.
1thirtyfizzo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2012, 07:31 AM   #2
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3thirtyfizzo View Post
While replacing the halogen bulb to LED in my trunk i can't seem to find the spare tire. So BMW didn't put one in there bc of limited space or is it an option that i didn't have? Does any e93 owner here have one or a picture of a spare tire in their e93? I'm definitely interested in having one, don't wanna get stranded if i get a flat.
I would go back to the dealer and complain - I cannot believe they are stealing those now!


But, before that, google RFT
dr335is is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2012, 09:04 AM   #3
TheSubmariner
Private
 
Drives: 2010 328i Monaco Blue 'vert
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North NJ

Posts: 70
iTrader: (0)



Defn: Newbie ... see this thread.

TheSubmariner is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
 
jvsxn's Avatar
 
Drives: e-ninety
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 1,718
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to jvsxn
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
I would go back to the dealer and complain - I cannot believe they are stealing those now!


But, before that, google RFT
but before that, check to see if you have a tire iron as well!
__________________
Hiatus
jvsxn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2012, 09:32 AM   #5
Wires
Captain
 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Calgary

Posts: 933
iTrader: (0)

Man... another WTF thread.....

You'd think there would be a minimum requirement to buy/drive a car.
Wires is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #6
JYohay
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 X5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 2,011
iTrader: (3)

There is no spare because you have run flats.
While the coupes and sedans have an option for it, in the e93 there is simply no space because the space under the trunk floor is shallower because we have an additional cross brace under, and the need for the rear tops shelf to be able to be lowered
JYohay is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #7
JJFESQ
Big Poppa
 
JJFESQ's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 535xi
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Long Island

Posts: 144
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2014 535xi  [0.00]
Talking

This made me smile
__________________
F10 535xi AW/Mocha
JJFESQ is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #8
Kolyan2k
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2006 S2000
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Boston

Posts: 3,936
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYohay View Post
There is no spare because you have run flats.
While the coupes and sedans have an option for it, in the e93 there is simply no space because the space under the trunk floor is shallower because we have an additional cross brace under, and the need for the rear tops shelf to be able to be lowered
Optional spare tire for coupes and sedans ? never heard of it
Kolyan2k is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #9
Tom K.
Major General
 
Tom K.'s Avatar
 
Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland

Posts: 5,377
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYohay View Post
There is no spare because you have run flats.
While the coupes and sedans have an option for it, in the e93 there is simply no space because the space under the trunk floor is shallower because we have an additional cross brace under, and the need for the rear tops shelf to be able to be lowered
When you find that space for the optional spare, you should let all of us E90, E91 and E92 drivers know where it is, as we've been searching fruitlessly since 2006.

Tom
Tom K. is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2012, 04:16 PM   #10
Castle
Second Lieutenant
 
Castle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 320i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: -

Posts: 276
iTrader: (0)

You didnīt see it because it's not in the trunk, check under the hood right next to the oil dipstick.
Castle is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #11
Njprince0226
Lieutenant
 
Njprince0226's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 545
iTrader: (1)

Run-Flats my friend...run-flats.
Njprince0226 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #12
bmw246
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 335i (e93)
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 289
iTrader: (0)

hahaha if you find a space for one let me know! RFT suck!
bmw246 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #13
Kolyan2k
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2006 S2000
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Boston

Posts: 3,936
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle View Post
You didnīt see it because it's not in the trunk, check under the hood right next to the oil dipstick.
now i see it, but mine is next to windshield washer.
Kolyan2k is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #14
1thirtyfizzo
Second Lieutenant
 
1thirtyfizzo's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 335i and E82 135i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pennsylvania

Posts: 206
iTrader: (0)

I will be running staggered 20x8.5 and 20x9.5 in a few days thats why im interested a spare as precaution. Don't wanna pay $500+ for run flats in sizes of 255/30/20 and 285/25/20 that WILL have to be special ordered because no BMW dealers will stock them.
1thirtyfizzo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2012, 07:30 AM   #15
V-Viper
Private
 
V-Viper's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Brockton, MA

Posts: 68
iTrader: (0)

V-Viper is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #16
PTinVT
armchair enthusiast
 
PTinVT's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 328xi, 02 325Cic
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Burlington, VT

Posts: 586
iTrader: (1)

I remember when the tool kit actually had a full set of tools in it. What does the F30 tool kit consist of? Chimes to call the butler and a nail file to use while waiting for roadside assistance?

You can carry a compact spare ("donut") in the trunk itself, but you'll also need a jack, lug wrench, etc. if you ever want to change it yourself. The E60 compact spare/tools kit fits the E9x but they don't advertise it for our cars. I got my kit from Tischer (vendor here). Many people ditch the RFTs and just take their chances with repair kits and roadside assistance. Search, it's been well discussed here.
__________________
07 328xi coupe SG/Dakota leather, 6-speed manual, sport/premium/cold
02 325Cic vert AW/Montana leather, 5-speed manual, premium/removable hardtop
93 850Ci Oxford Green/Parchment, auto
71 Buick Riviera, 455 V8 land yacht
PTinVT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #17
Three_thirty_I
Captain
 
Three_thirty_I's Avatar
 
Drives: '05 E90 330i Manual
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Posts: 810
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
LOL, some humour - have given up trying to find a space for my spare wheel, and that physical dip stick is there somewhere, just have never found it!

Yep, these cars make use of run flat tyre technology, so no need for a spare tyre. You can ditch the RFT's and invest in a mobility kit (can of goo and an electric pump), but better yet, a space-saver (donut) which can be stuck in the boot - loose some packing space of course...
__________________
BMW E90 330i (M) '05 (His) | (Hers) BMW E46 320i f/l (M) '03


Three_thirty_I is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #18
Tom K.
Major General
 
Tom K.'s Avatar
 
Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland

Posts: 5,377
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3thirtyfizzo View Post
I will be running staggered 20x8.5 and 20x9.5 in a few days thats why im interested a spare as precaution. Don't wanna pay $500+ for run flats in sizes of 255/30/20 and 285/25/20 that WILL have to be special ordered because no BMW dealers will stock them.
Why would you buy tires through a dealer? Have you checked TireRack?

Tom
Tom K. is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2012, 12:39 PM   #19
cfabluenose
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wolfville

Posts: 430
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTinVT View Post
I remember when the tool kit actually had a full set of tools in it. What does the F30 tool kit consist of? Chimes to call the butler and a nail file to use while waiting for roadside assistance?

You can carry a compact spare ("donut") in the trunk itself, but you'll also need a jack, lug wrench, etc. if you ever want to change it yourself. The E60 compact spare/tools kit fits the E9x but they don't advertise it for our cars. I got my kit from Tischer (vendor here). Many people ditch the RFTs and just take their chances with repair kits and roadside assistance. Search, it's been well discussed here.
Has anyone bought the spare tire (135/80R17) and wheel (17X3.5 ET8) from ECS Tuning rather than Tischer? Tischer has stopped delivering to Canada - again. Does it fit? Thanks.
__________________

2009 328i
cfabluenose is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #20
upstatedoc
Drone Expert
 
upstatedoc's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 BMW 328ix
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 1,510
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr335is View Post
I would go back to the dealer and complain - I cannot believe they are stealing those now!


But, before that, google RFT
LMAO
__________________
2014 Dodge Durango R/T //Diablosports Tuning
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
1993 Honda Nighthawk 750
Countermeasure enthusiast.
upstatedoc is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST