E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Need some help.

03-11-2017, 08:36 PM   #1
Kriscfc
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw e90

Need some help.

Hello everyone, hope you're all well.
I've got a problem with my BMW e90 318I.

Normally it was all fine however one day the 3 lights came on (abs,handbrake and traction) sometimes it would go off but sometimes it would come on nevertheless sometimes the speedometer would completely working so say for instance i was going 40 mph the speedometer would still show 0mph but then again that would only happen sometimes. For example if turned off the car and back on normally the speedometer problem would go away. However with time another 2 lights came on- air bag and the seat belt and since then the speedometer has stopped working, turning the car off and back on didn't not help and the speedometer is just stack on 0mph. I noticed also the fuel gauge doesn't seem to move if that's got to do anything with that. One of the mechanics that i spoke with said that it was the abs sensor 100% causing the problem however I just wanted to ask here and see if anyone had a similar problem or knows whats causing it so i don't get ripped of or anything like that If anyone knows what is the problem / what is causing this then please let me know Thank you very much.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2017, 03:06 AM   #2
tadaska
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 2006 320D ES

I think your car is haunted and you need an exorcist...
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2017, 03:19 PM   #3
Jeff123
Jeff
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 325d M Sport auto - LCI (E90)

Take it to an Indy garage and get them to diagnose the problem and give you a price to fix it. They probably won't charge you for this.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2017, 04:19 PM   #4
Juz5i
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Have the codes read. That would be my first port of call. Also what sort of health is your battery in? They have been known to cause all sort of gremlins when on the way out.

The ABS, handbrake & traction control lights are certainly do do with ABS unit, pump or sensor. Possibly need a refurb on it.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2017, 07:31 PM   #5
Sambuca1
Rep
Drives: E92 325i

I'm willing to bet it's a wheel speed sensor. Same happened to me, local garage replaced wheel speed sensor and reluctor ring. Sorted!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 07:13 AM   #6
Jamal-EL90
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 318se 2007

Need some help - Same problem

Hey Dude,

So i had the exact same issue with my car (318i), however the difference was that the car was only drive-able with the DTC turned off, other wise the car would jolt. Anyways, i changed the drivers side rear wheel sensor this weekend and poof, problem gone. The only weird thing was, I took the car out for a test drive shortly after changing the sensor and went to get some food, got back in the car, turned it on and the break pedal was as stiff as hell - this really concerned me, no warning lights or anything, I drove the car cautiously, pulled over and checked the break fluid (which was fine), turned the car back on and the break pedal was normal again.... I have been driving it since and no further issue to report.. anyone know why that happened?
Appreciate 0