E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > CODERS E90 E91 E92 E93 in UK



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-14-2014, 07:01 AM   #507
makkan00
Major General
makkan00's Avatar
United Kingdom
122
Rep
7,546
Posts

 
Drives: F10
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

iTrader: (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powie View Post
I appreciate the answer and understand the frustrations when similar questions are asked, I have searched and come across various answers, with no coding knowledge I was unsure of the exact and correct method so was seeing if anybody could provide a simple and definite answer.

Cheers
Easiest and simple option would be to google 'autologic' and find their recommended garage near to you and worth of ringing them.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 11:26 AM   #508
creativ101
Private First Class
1
Rep
138
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: uk

iTrader: (2)

Anyone want to part with their ccc unit 8 button) at a reasonable price??? Must have the 8 buttons.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 11:52 AM   #509
makkan00
Major General
makkan00's Avatar
United Kingdom
122
Rep
7,546
Posts

 
Drives: F10
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

iTrader: (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativ101 View Post
Anyone want to part with their ccc unit 8 button) at a reasonable price??? Must have the 8 buttons.
Classified section is different.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 02:39 PM   #510
mmamick
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

 
Drives: bmw 320d m sport
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: newcastle upon tyne

iTrader: (0)

does anybody know how much stratstone bmw charge for coding/updates?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 11:24 AM   #511
Deanoo
New Member
United Kingdom
0
Rep
14
Posts

 
Drives: Bmw 320d coupe
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hull

iTrader: (0)

Hi, anybody know any coders in the hull and surrounding area?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 05:55 AM   #512
russdx
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
216
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 325D M SPORT,2014 E220AMG
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bristol - United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

any coders in bristol?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2014, 04:27 PM   #513
Matt448
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

 
Drives: Bmw e90
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bedford

iTrader: (0)

Big thankyou to makkan00, absolute bmw guru when coding bmw's
Solved my ELV Fault and coded bleep when locking and unlocking. Very friendly, highly recommended.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 06:20 AM   #514
MartianSun
Private
MartianSun's Avatar
0
Rep
53
Posts

 
Drives: E90 318i M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

makkan00 replied to your PM; not sure if you got it?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 05:41 AM   #515
rialnet
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
42
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E92
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Manchester

iTrader: (1)

Alpina flash

why did i wait sooooo long....

I finally took the plunge after reading lots of various reviews about the Alpina gearbox flash and all i can say is WOW...

what a difference it makes to the car. Cruising in D is simply a breeze and S mode is noticeably sharper, as is manual. i highly recommend giving it a try, i agree not everyone is going to love it but its made a big difference to me and i LOVE it!

The flash was done by Kev at B&N Dynamix in Wigan who's a great bloke and very knowledgeable (ex BMW). He took a reading of my current gearbox file first and the flash took no more than 10 mins, we took the car out and he offered to flash it back if it wasn't to my tastes!

I'm just waiting for a dry weekend to give it a proper run out - money very, very well spent!



cheers
Darren
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 06:37 AM   #516
creativ101
Private First Class
1
Rep
138
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: uk

iTrader: (2)

My cars never been upgraded (2006). Will a flash make much difference to a 330d auto? And can the gearbox be upgraded on its own ?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 06:55 AM   #517
rialnet
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
42
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E92
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Manchester

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativ101 View Post
My cars never been upgraded (2006). Will a flash make much difference to a 330d auto? And can the gearbox be upgraded on its own ?

i only think the flash works on models 03/07 onwards if someone can confirm?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 03:57 PM   #518
creativ101
Private First Class
1
Rep
138
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: uk

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rialnet View Post
i only think the flash works on models 03/07 onwards if someone can confirm?
Can anyone confirm if there is a gearbox formware upgrade for the 2006 330d auto?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 06:54 PM   #519
Mikey B
Private First Class
Mikey B's Avatar
1
Rep
146
Posts

 
Drives: E92 325 Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Blackpool

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rialnet View Post
why did i wait sooooo long....

I finally took the plunge after reading lots of various reviews about the Alpina gearbox flash and all i can say is WOW...

what a difference it makes to the car. Cruising in D is simply a breeze and S mode is noticeably sharper, as is manual. i highly recommend giving it a try, i agree not everyone is going to love it but its made a big difference to me and i LOVE it!

The flash was done by Kev at B&N Dynamix in Wigan who's a great bloke and very knowledgeable (ex BMW). He took a reading of my current gearbox file first and the flash took no more than 10 mins, we took the car out and he offered to flash it back if it wasn't to my tastes!

I'm just waiting for a dry weekend to give it a proper run out - money very, very well spent!



cheers
Darren
What car is that on? All i want is my angels to stop dimming and i'm not far from Wigan, might see if he can do it, how much did he charge for the flash aswel?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 10:11 AM   #520
rialnet
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
42
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E92
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Manchester

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey B View Post
What car is that on? All i want is my angels to stop dimming and i'm not far from Wigan, might see if he can do it, how much did he charge for the flash aswel?
this was done on a 335i 07

hes got the full autologic equipment and he charged 100 for the alpina flash, as he takes a copy of your gearbox software just in case.

hes done lots of coding for me in the past and is very reasonable.
give him a call - he's a top bloke.

Darren
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 01:37 PM   #521
Banners24b
Private First Class
Banners24b's Avatar
1
Rep
155
Posts

 
Drives: 335i SE
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

May have to replace my FRM2 (footwell module), Are there any coders close to me - Basingstoke, hampshire. that can change the VIN on the new module so it all works!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 03:39 AM   #522
oliver51090
Private
United Kingdom
0
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 325i 09
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Croydon

iTrader: (0)

Huge thanks to makkan who retrofitted my combox he ontained and done some coding for me. Wonderful guy knows his stuff dont hesitate its worth the travel!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2014, 05:30 AM   #523
Abbot26
Private First Class
Wales
1
Rep
142
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335D M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Swindon

iTrader: (0)

Cable recommendation

Anyone here got any recommendations for a decent comms cable ? I fancy having a go at coding my FRM2 via NCS expert but there far too many cables out there to try and pick one.

Cheers lads
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 09:11 AM   #524
Tammy_335
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335d
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Massive thanks to Makkan00, He fitted CIC and Combox to my E92 over the weekend.

Great fast service.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 07:33 AM   #525
Maxwell1
New Member
United Kingdom
0
Rep
9
Posts

 
Drives: 330i Convertible
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Derby

iTrader: (0)

Got the chance of an LCI Professional Radio for my 58 plate E93 330i. Im assuming this will need coding to my car so are there any coders local to Derby/Nottingham/Burton? Also how much does this type of thing cost?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 01:21 PM   #526
David c
Private
David c's Avatar
United Kingdom
0
Rep
72
Posts

 
Drives: E92 325d M Sport
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North East

iTrader: (0)

Hugh thanks to Stevens for coding the bluethooth in my car at the weekend he's the man to see for any coding in the north east.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 01:27 PM   #527
M4rius
Banned
Lithuania
6
Rep
512
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sussex

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 bmw e92  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbot26 View Post
Anyone here got any recommendations for a decent comms cable ? I fancy having a go at coding my FRM2 via NCS expert but there far too many cables out there to try and pick one.

Cheers lads

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-USB-Di...item23361c3012

Had mine for nearly two years, comes with all necessary software .
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 10:23 AM   #528
ronniemc
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335d
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ayrshire

iTrader: (0)

I have the blue K-line cable from cable shack as well as having INPA, NCS Expert and BMW coding on my windows 7 64bit laptop.
I stay in North Ayrshire and while I have successfully coded the alarm chirp, digital speedo and folding mirrors on my E92, I am happy for someone to use my set up or they can have a more experienced coder remotely code their car if required.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST