E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > 330d - 335i brake conversion.

06-14-2012, 03:20 AM   #1
Frobius
Captain

Drives: E91 330d M-Sport

Garage List
330d - 335i brake conversion.

Hopefully an easy to answer one.

I've seen a few cars now with decent looking front brakes, some painted, some not. I also really love the look of the BMWP BBK, but I am far too poor for that kind of thing. Plus, I actalually don't need the performance of a BBK, just the looks. I've considered calipers cover but I don't like the idea of these, its a bit like folk that paint their drums red on a nova, suggesting their car is better than it is!!

To this end, I'm wondering bout doing the 335 caliper and disc swap and painting the calipers yellow like the BMW BBK. I understand that the rears are the same so no work required there but what's involved in the conversion for the fronts?

Are the calipers just bolt on?

Do I need, calipers, pads, discs, and back plates? What about braided brake lines, worth it?

Other than the slightly larger disc diameter. What's the difference? I know they look a bit better, but are the calipers any better?

Finally, is it worth painting the rear calipers too, even though they're nothing special? Has anyone done this and have any pics?

Cheers!

57 Sapphire Black E91 330d M-Sport
Privacy Glass // Leather // Heated Seats // Bluetooth // Blacklines // BMWP Gloss Black Grille // Alpine HiFi // LCI Headlights
Frobius is offline   United Kingdom