E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > First time BMW buyer looking for info and price check



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-18-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
nitin
Registered
 
Drives: Toyota Camry
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

First time BMW buyer looking for info and price check

Hi everyone,
I'm in the market to buy my first BMW. I'm looking for a 2009/2010 335i or 335xi, Auto transmission w/ paddle shifters with under 30K miles with Premium, Sports and Navigation packages. Color preferred is Grey or Black.

I live in NorCal (Sacramento area) and have been looking at dealerships within 200 miles or so. I found some in the San Francisco Bay Area, one of which is a Bluewater/Gray 2009 CPO 335i (auto w/ paddle shifters) with 31K miles with premium/sport/nav priced at 34000.

My Questions:
1) What should be OTD price for this car?
2) If something similar comes up in a 2010 model, what would be a good price.
3) Has anyone dealt with Bay Area dealers. If so, how was your negotiation?
4) Can anyone pull a Galves for this car for reference?
5) I don't see many 2010 models out yet. When will they come out? Should a wait for 2010 or go with 2009 (I'm in no hurry)?

Thanks in advance,
Nitin

Last edited by nitin; 06-18-2012 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Added transmission details
nitin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #2
Cypress
Private
 
Drives: '09 335i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SoCal

Posts: 80
iTrader: (1)

For a 335i 2009 CPO nicely loaded, you are probably looking at around 30k, give or take depending on options and mileage. 34k for that particular car is high, and should be able to get it lowered quite a bit, especially since the bluewater color is probably the least desired color, by far.

2010's are more rare because the popular 3 year leases aren't up yet. That's why you see 2009's in more abundance. There is little to no changes from 2009 to 2010, 2009 and up gets you LCI. If it were me, I wouldn't care between 2009 and 2010, just get one with the color, options, and lower mileage.
Cypress is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
nitin
Registered
 
Drives: Toyota Camry
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
For a 335i 2009 CPO nicely loaded, you are probably looking at around 30k, give or take depending on options and mileage. 34k for that particular car is high, and should be able to get it lowered quite a bit, especially since the bluewater color is probably the least desired color, by far.

2010's are more rare because the popular 3 year leases aren't up yet. That's why you see 2009's in more abundance. There is little to no changes from 2009 to 2010, 2009 and up gets you LCI. If it were me, I wouldn't care between 2009 and 2010, just get one with the color, options, and lower mileage.
Thanks for the insight, Cypress. When you say 30K, do you mean out-the-door?
nitin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #4
Cypress
Private
 
Drives: '09 335i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SoCal

Posts: 80
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin View Post
Thanks for the insight, Cypress. When you say 30K, do you mean out-the-door?
Unfortunately in CA, 30k pre taxes and fees...though that one you are looking at can possibly go a little less. Finding out how long its been at the dealer and showing up at the end of the month should help your cause.
Cypress is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #5
ThreePedAlways
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2009 335ix 6mt
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southeast Michigan

Posts: 33
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 335 ix  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
Unfortunately in CA, 30k pre taxes and fees...though that one you are looking at can possibly go a little less. Finding out how long its been at the dealer and showing up at the end of the month should help your cause.
What Cypress said.
You're looking for a loaded vehicle with lower mileage, probably off lease. I would expect around 30k-31k, perhaps a little more (not much) for a xi AND lower mileage. If you could accept 35k + mi you might get a lower price. You'll only have about a year of warranty on an 09 anyway, so it's a point of diminishing returns.

2010s are more limited at this time and will be priced higher than your range. No real difference except for ashtray and stereo.

I can vouch for end of the month dealing!
ThreePedAlways is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST