E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > e92 - stock angel eyes or aftermarket bright white???



View Poll Results: Stock angel eyes or aftermarket bright whites?
Stock 11 39.29%
Aftermarket 17 60.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-20-2012, 12:28 AM   #1
tk9
Second Lieutenant
16

 
tk9's Avatar
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CT


Posts: 209
iTrader: (0)

e92 - stock angel eyes or aftermarket bright white???

my right side angel eyes went out today... they are stock, but i love the way they look during the day, if i get aftermarket bright white led's, will that resemble the new model 3 series with the bluish looking yet bright during the daylight hours???

are stock angel eyes brighter than aftermarket???
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 12:41 AM   #2
E90_boostjunky
Lieutenant Colonel
77

 
E90_boostjunky's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335I E90 SGM
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA, IL


Posts: 1,625
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk9 View Post
my right side angel eyes went out today... they are stock, but i love the way they look during the day, if i get aftermarket bright white led's, will that resemble the new model 3 series with the bluish looking yet bright during the daylight hours???

are stock angel eyes brighter than aftermarket???
id go aftermarket i think it looks better imo. heres a few shots of my car.
Name:  photo (95).jpg
Views: 500
Size:  295.4 KB

Name:  photo (56).jpg
Views: 471
Size:  247.3 KB
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 12:43 AM   #3
tk9
Second Lieutenant
16

 
tk9's Avatar
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CT


Posts: 209
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90_boostjunky View Post
id go aftermarket i think it looks better imo. heres a few shots of my car.
Attachment 709520

Attachment 709521
Is aftermarket as bright as stock during the day?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 12:46 AM   #4
E90_boostjunky
Lieutenant Colonel
77

 
E90_boostjunky's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335I E90 SGM
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA, IL


Posts: 1,625
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk9 View Post
Is aftermarket as bright as stock during the day?
well honestly it depends on the brand. mine as you can see in the first pic dont look so bright from up close, but from far away yes they look brighter. i think mine are brighter than stock though, i never really had a chance to compare cuz i bought my car with these angel eyes.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 01:12 AM   #5
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
66

 
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Yonkers NY


Posts: 3,372
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90_boostjunky View Post
well honestly it depends on the brand. mine as you can see in the first pic dont look so bright from up close, but from far away yes they look brighter. i think mine are brighter than stock though, i never really had a chance to compare cuz i bought my car with these angel eyes.
you cant even see them in the first pic.

daytime you cannot see them at all. only time you can see them in the day if its cloudy out or raining. night time around 7pm when the sun is going down is when the white led shines bright. at night especially.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 01:52 AM   #6
E90_boostjunky
Lieutenant Colonel
77

 
E90_boostjunky's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335I E90 SGM
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA, IL


Posts: 1,625
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrift4wd View Post
you cant even see them in the first pic.

daytime you cannot see them at all. only time you can see them in the day if its cloudy out or raining. night time around 7pm when the sun is going down is when the white led shines bright. at night especially.
i can clearly see them.. i have pics with them off and on in the same exact place at the same exact time. like i said from far away you can see them it doesnt matter what time of day it is... you CAN see them, shit i can even see them reflecting off windows in buildings when its sunny out.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 02:02 AM   #7
Game
Major General
United_States
103

 
Game's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lockport/Chicago, IL


Posts: 5,095
iTrader: (15)

I'm going to be the minority here and say OEM.

Everyone here HATES the yellow'ish look of the OEM bulbs, but I prefer them over some dimly lit white bulbs. Trust me, although the white may look good in the dark...they'll never be as bright as the OEM and will barely be seen in the daylight. So to me it's OEM or go all out with OSS or a similar setup.

(also keep in mind you have an E92, an E90 has a different setup so it's pointless to look at their upgrades)
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 07:31 AM   #8
CUTigers
Captain
United_States
13

 
CUTigers's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Montego Blue 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Atlanta/Lawrenceville


Posts: 859
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 Lexus IS F  [5.00]
2008 e90 335i  [4.50]
There are multiple bright white halos that are better than oem
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 07:45 AM   #9
BEAR-AvHistory
2014 435M-Sport/MPPK
24

 
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 435M-Sport MPPK
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NC - USA


Posts: 2,255
iTrader: (0)

Stock in the sun
Attached Images
 
__________________
Kevin

2014 435M-Sport MPPK - 2013 135is Cab 6MT - 2009 V-Star FFR Cobra MK-IV work in progress
Cobra Coyote First Start.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 07:46 AM   #10
kdbryce
I have to return some video tapes
United_States
86

 
kdbryce's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i 6mt
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Albany, NY


Posts: 4,282
iTrader: (0)

go with alpine HID angel eyes... super bright. they look really good

they're like $200

i have the 8000k's on my 328 - i'm about to switch them to my 335

they're seriously awesome
__________________
13 Black Sapphire e92 335i - 10 Le Mans Blue e92 335i - 09 Monaco Blue e92 328i xdrive - 07 Sparkling Graphite e92 328xi
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #11
DASHOCKER
The power of V!
Germany
38

 
DASHOCKER's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i coupe steptronic
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC


Posts: 1,867
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1998 Lexus Gs400  [0.00]
2010 ebony & ivory  [0.00]
2006 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 pics  [0.00]
2009 e92 335 xdrive  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to DASHOCKER
oem offers a nice contrast and looks sinister. aftermarket looks honda aftermarket.
__________________
2007 335 coupe Alpine white, steptronic, sportpack, etc. (gone)
2006 X3 3.0 steptronic Titanium Silver, 2009 E92 335xdrive, next.... Caddy CTS_V! 13 Lincoln MKZ? hmmm.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #12
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
United_States
139

 
gary88's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago, IL


Posts: 7,989
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [3.91]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
I'm going to be the minority here and say OEM.

Everyone here HATES the yellow'ish look of the OEM bulbs, but I prefer them over some dimly lit white bulbs. Trust me, although the white may look good in the dark...they'll never be as bright as the OEM and will barely be seen in the daylight. So to me it's OEM or go all out with OSS or a similar setup.

(also keep in mind you have an E92, an E90 has a different setup so it's pointless to look at their upgrades)
+1, I really like the stock yellow AEs. Replacement bulbs that try to go for the LED look just look obviously aftermarket. OSS looks great because of the effort put into them.

The e92 LCI LED AEs are a different story though.
__________________

garyhebdingjr.com | flickr | Instagram@garyhebding
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #13
tk9
Second Lieutenant
16

 
tk9's Avatar
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CT


Posts: 209
iTrader: (0)

I'm going to stick with stock, I too also like the contrasting look... just called the dealer, the bulb is only $23, hopefully it'll be easy to replace on my e92, i know for the turn signal bulb you have to go through the wheel well and its quite tedious.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 10:29 AM   #14
itsmeek
Lieutenant
11

 
itsmeek's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: DC Metro


Posts: 412
iTrader: (3)

On the newer cars- nothing beats the stock angel eyes brightness.
__________________
1997 Supra TT (900ish hp)
2010 Range Rover Sport
1965 Mustang 302 5 speed!
2010 Prius
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #15
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
117

 
E90Company's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL


Posts: 6,136
iTrader: (2)

OSS (Will be the same on E92) In direct sunlight from far away, zoomed with camera.

Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST