E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > Help! ABS light on

06-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
MD2007
Enlisted Member

Drives: 335i cab

Help! ABS light on

Hi guys,

I left my 335 in an open car space for a month without driving while I was on holidays ( in between moving houses, so had to park it outside ), came back to start my car today and the yellow ABS warning light is on, went for a drive, turned car on/off and still there, there were no problems before I left, any ideas? Also parking sensor seems a bit off, its going off even while im stopped at red lights (bit too sensitive).
      06-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #2
NL684
Private First Class

Drives: None

Similar for my case, mind 3 yellow lights comes together, ABS, DTC, Run-flat.

Go back to BMW HK and they found out it was senor error, they replaced the speed sensor on each wheel and now is ok, luck the car still has warranty.....

But make sure your warning light is red or yellow........if red.........mostly your ABS pump and ABS/DTC computer gone.........

I would suggest you go back to bmw hk to do a computer check first.......their charge is very reasonable........
      06-27-2012, 10:31 AM   #3
MD2007
Enlisted Member

thanks mate, so strange given my car was fine before i left it in the sun for a month. I have after market springs/shocks/wheels, you think ok to goto bmwhk?

I got 3 yellow lights as well, one abs, other exclation market with triangle around it, other i cant remmeber.
      06-28-2012, 09:32 AM   #4
stevensonleehk
Private First Class

Drives: E90 323i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD2007 View Post
thanks mate, so strange given my car was fine before i left it in the sun for a month. I have after market springs/shocks/wheels, you think ok to goto bmwhk?

I got 3 yellow lights as well, one abs, other exclation market with triangle around it, other i cant remmeber.
This is likely due to ABS module failure which is a well known problem with our E90s. Go back to BMWHK for it to be checked. Is your car still under warranty? It may cost up to $30,000 to fix, but let them know that you are well aware of this problem from our forum and they will likely reimburse up to 80% of the costs depending on your car's mileage.

Check out some former posts in this forum for more information.
      06-30-2012, 02:15 AM   #5
MD2007
Enlisted Member

thanks Steve, 3rd day out driving and the lights have miraculously switched off! looks like a month in the sun threw off the sensors temporarily, phew!