E90Post

E92 Lighting

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > PROcede install dilemna

07-07-2007, 08:32 PM   #1
thome22
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 09 335xi

PROcede install dilemna

I need opinions about installation of PROcede and Vishnu exhaust. My exhaust is here and PROcede arrives Tuesday. I am debating between self installation vs paying local tuner to do it. Obviously, for me, the exhaust will need to be done professionally. Our local (small town) BMW mod/tuner has not installed a PROcede and has not even heard of Vishnu. He seemed a little skeptical about this product, saying "there are many more reputable BMW aftermarket product companies that have been around since the 80s such as Dinan." He is quite knowledgable with BMW engine mods though and said it would be "no problem" after he reviewed the instructions. I have reviewed the instructions numerous times and am still intimidated by it honestly. But, I have read about most of the pitfalls of the installation. Due to my job, I cannot afford the hassles of troubleshooting for days. I appreciate any experience or thoughts regarding this.
      07-07-2007, 08:40 PM   #2
shiv@vishnu
Tuner

Drives: X1, 335i

Install it yourself. I have yet to find anyone who said that the installation was difficult when viewed in retrospect. The vast majority of tech support we provide is to people who have had another shop install the PROcede (incorrectly). It's quite astonishing.

Shiv
shiv@vishnu is offline   United_States
      07-07-2007, 08:53 PM   #3
NoTrash
Private First Class

Drives: Lexus IS350

There's an installation video. Its really easy i've seen it.
NoTrash is offline   United_States
      07-07-2007, 08:54 PM   #4
Evo8MRto335I
Captain

Drives: 2009 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG

I hate when people(the mechanic) makes comments like that. Vishnu for this matter has the most experience tuning this car and that is it. Dinan was no where to be found for this specific BMW model(the 335i).

As far as I am concern Dinan might have 25 years of experience on other generic BMW but the fact is that Vishnu has the most experience on this especific car and that is what it counts.

Vishnu product is the one that has been tested the most, the one that has the most feautures thus you should not consider even comparing Dinan products for the 335i because the simple fact that they have demonstrated that they haven't produce or spent enough research on this specific car.

Do whatever. That is just my opinion.
      07-07-2007, 08:58 PM   #5
Evo8MRto335I
Captain

Just look how much Dinan has wrote about the BMW 335I, like nothing. Exactly..
Look how many articles has Vishnu wrote on the BMW 335i.. that does ring the bell?

Botton line is that Vishnu is highly involved on improving his product on this car(BMW 335I) and he even has his own BMW 335i so you know he is addressing the issues it might appear. Kind of like the doctor that discover a recipe to cure an illness and he test the medicine on his own body.

Don't let that small town mechanic convinced you about what to do on your car. This forum has thousand of people more knowledable on this specific aspect than your small town mechanic.

Don't diviate, go Vishnu.

07-07-2007, 09:17 PM   #6
thome22
Second Lieutenant

Amen brotha!!!!!!!
      07-07-2007, 09:24 PM   #7
zenmaster
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '13 AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo8MRto335I View Post
I hate when people(the mechanic) makes comments like that.
Well Dinan is the most well known BMW tuner. I guess second would be Alpina, followed by AA. Some of these tuning shops are resellers for their products and may downplay or (gasp) even badmouth the competition. Maybe due to complacency with their narrow competencies and non-discerning naivete of their customers, these shops often don't bother to keep up with advances in their own industry. Up to a point it is hard to blame them, but I would question any advice from a BMW tuner tech that never heard of Vishnu. Kind of like "what else is this guy clueless about"?
zenmaster is offline   United_States
      07-07-2007, 09:37 PM   #8
thome22
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster View Post
Well Dinan is the most well known BMW tuner. I guess second would be Alpina, followed by AA. Some of these tuning shops are resellers for their products and may downplay or (gasp) even badmouth the competition. Maybe due to complacency with their narrow competencies and non-discerning naivete of their customers, these shops often don't bother to keep up with advances in their own industry. Up to a point it is hard to blame them, but I would question any advice from a BMW tuner tech that never heard of Vishnu. Kind of like "what else is this guy clueless about"?
I could'nt have said it better!! I tried to argue with him about the success of Vishnu with this product and stressed my extensive research, but over all felt "defensive" about the whole thing. I agree that it boils down to the point that, if they don't sell the product themselves, these guys will try to deflate the product. If he is clueless about Vishnu, I suspect he is inexperienced with more modern Bimmers, especially 335i turbo mods. I guess I'll install it myself!!!
      07-07-2007, 09:39 PM   #9
Evo8MRto335I
Captain

I also agree that Dinan worked in more BMW cars than Vishnu could possibly had. ..so far so good.

For this specific situation, perhaps Vishnu is the one that has the edge on this specific BMW model (BMW 335I). Again, I am not agaisnt Dinan for no reason, I am saying that so far Vishnu has the best worthy product for this car and he is backed up by the most time spent on this engine(I am not talking about BMW from the 80's because it does not apply).

Maybe DINAN has under their belt many achievements, awards and records and what not and statisticly maybe they worked on 50000 BMW since the mid 80s but I bet you money that they haven't work as much on the BMW 335i as Vishnu has done.

If Dinan is that good they better speed up and offer their products sooner.

Last edited by Evo8MRto335I; 07-07-2007 at 09:54 PM.
Evo8MRto335I is offline   Spain
      07-07-2007, 09:46 PM   #10
Evo8MRto335I
Captain

Sorry bro, I just went to the dinan website and all they have is a set of rims and a few sets of rotors with their logo on the brake calipers.

Even though I have no way to prove it but perhaps the brake kits that they offer are nothing but another brake manufacturer but just with their name on it ie: (AEM, Wilwood, stoptech,Brembo,rotora,) you name it.
http://www.dinancars.com/Series.asp?...s=44&Model=117

I haven't seen nothing related to the engine mods. Maybe I am missing something. Could someone please post any engine mods made from Dinan exclusively made for the E92 335 I ?
      07-07-2007, 09:56 PM   #11
thome22
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Sorry bro, I just went to the dinan website and all they have is a set of rims and a few sets of rotors with their logo on the brake calipers.

Even though I have no way to prove it but perhaps the brake kits that they offer are nothing but another brake manufacturer but just with their name on it(AEM, Wilwood, stoptech,Brembo,rotora,) you name it.
http://www.dinancars.com/Series.asp?...s=44&Model=117

I haven't seen nothing related to the engine mods. Maybe I am missing something. Could someone please post any engine mods made from Dinan exclusively made for the E92 335 I ?
I appreciate your responses. Don't hate the messenger!! You're preaching to the choir!!!! This guy offers a turbo tuner plug and play mod which has 40 hp boost. He was pushing it to me, plus Supersprint exhaust. He said he would "lay out my exhasut (new Vishnu catback) and his Supersprint product for the 335i and show the far superior quality of Supersprint."
      07-07-2007, 09:58 PM   #12
zenmaster
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '13 AH3

Quote:
Could someone please post any engine mods made from Dinan exclusively made for the E92 335 I ?
Apparently, they are working on it.
zenmaster is offline   United_States
      07-07-2007, 10:04 PM   #13
Evo8MRto335I
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster View Post
Apparently, they are working on it.

OK, sounds fair. I doun't doubt Dinan will eventually release a product for the E92 335i but the evidence is overwhelming, Vishnu clearly has the lead on this car.

I never used any Dinan products before but the name is very familiar, it is all over the tuning world but Vishnu is not an aprentice either.
      07-07-2007, 10:10 PM   #14
Evo8MRto335I
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome22 View Post
I appreciate your responses. Don't hate the messenger!! You're preaching to the choir!!!! This guy offers a turbo tuner plug and play mod which has 40 hp boost. He was pushing it to me, plus Supersprint exhaust. He said he would "lay out my exhasut (new Vishnu catback) and his Supersprint product for the 335i and show the far superior quality of Supersprint."
I love that part. Off course now his exhaust is the "best " made. Again, Vishnu is not any rookie on exhaust either, he has been doing custom exhaust for turbo cars for a fews years now and the common denominator is that the BMW is also a turbo car so this makes Vishnu's credit stronger.

What I am saying now is that a exhaust for a turbo car act differently. It might make your turbo boost to spike, or it might over boost or it might affect the AFR ratios a lot while a exhaust on a NA car might hardly alter the AFRs or any parameter for that matter.

Put a exhaust too big in a turbo car and it hurts your spool up, put an exhaust too small on your turbo car and it restricts flow and boost. Vishnu has a lot of experience, screw that little town mechanic.

Does Dinan offer any turbo for BMW cars? My point is that even when comparing an exhaust from one tuner from another you can see that one tuner has more experience with turbo cars than the other, in this case Vishnu.

So even for the exhaust I think you did the right choice by going with Vishnu.

Make sense?
      07-07-2007, 11:10 PM   #15
danielg
Lieutenant

Drives: 07 335i sedan

Quote:
I hate when people(the mechanic) makes comments like that.

Well said!!! LOL

I was a fellow dsm'er myself!

2g eclipse with a 50 trim!

07-08-2007, 03:32 AM   #16
Tuned335i
Major

Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Our local (small town) BMW mod/tuner has not installed a PROcede and has not even heard of Vishnu. He seemed a little skeptical about this product, saying "there are many more reputable BMW aftermarket product companies that have been around since the 80s such as Dinan."
Your so-called "BMW mod/tuner" is an ass.

Aside from their rediculous Vishnu comments, just because Dinan has been around since the 80's doesn't mean they have a licence on well-designed products that deliver performance and value.

That "tuners" statement is typical of someone with limited knowledge and who is afraid of anything new or potentially better, someone who thinks they know everything about their particular line of work... He ought to do a little research on the subject (any subject) before making a fool of themselves, especially since you obviously did your homework and know that he's blowing smoke up your ass, trying to sell you products he's clearly aligned himself with.
      07-08-2007, 05:35 AM   #17
Panoz
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E92 Space Grey 335i ,Aero Kit

Quote:
I need opinions about installation of PROcede and Vishnu exhaust. My exhaust is here and PROcede arrives Tuesday. I am debating between self installation vs paying local tuner to do it. Obviously, for me, the exhaust will need to be done professionally. Our local (small town) BMW mod/tuner has not installed a PROcede and has not even heard of Vishnu. He seemed a little skeptical about this product, saying "there are many more reputable BMW aftermarket product companies that have been around since the 80s such as Dinan." He is quite knowledgable with BMW engine mods though and said it would be "no problem" after he reviewed the instructions. I have reviewed the instructions numerous times and am still intimidated by it honestly. But, I have read about most of the pitfalls of the installation. Due to my job, I cannot afford the hassles of troubleshooting for days. I appreciate any experience or thoughts regarding this.
I also had some kind of hesitation due to the installation but I decided to do it. Well...as for the reliability...i dont think there would be issues there as the 335i by itself is degraded so the mechanical parts could stand more pressure than the stock 306 HP.

Move ahead...:rocks:

Procede V4 , Catless DPs, Forge FMIC, Injen Intake, VK Oilcooler, Hartge Quads Exhaust, Modded CDV, Synapse BOV Kit, BMW Performance 335i SSK Kit, P3 vent boost gauge

Space Grey 335i -> See more pics HERE
      07-08-2007, 10:20 AM   #18
turbonium

Drives: coming soon: 335i

A person who's actively interested in "proving" that Vishnu products are inferior is about the last person I would trust to install one on my BMW.

Even with all things being equal, no one cares about your ride as much as you do.
      07-08-2007, 10:49 PM   #19
Evo8MRto335I
Captain

I think that it became very obvious that the small town mechanic is a douchebag
      07-09-2007, 10:16 AM   #20
serge
Captain

Drives: '11 M3 ZCP (Sold) / '06 C6 Z06

Quote:
OK, sounds fair. I doun't doubt Dinan will eventually release a product for the E92 335i but the evidence is overwhelming, Vishnu clearly has the lead on this car.

I never used any Dinan products before but the name is very familiar, it is all over the tuning world but Vishnu is not an aprentice either.
DINAN will come up with another understated and overpriced product as usual. Vishnu is the only way as we speak. Shiv has my respect
serge is offline   Germany