E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > New member with a few questions



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-25-2012, 08:41 AM   #1
BMBALLER
Enlisted Member
 
BMBALLER's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: sydney

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

New member with a few questions

Hi guys, just got my black on black 08 335i last weekend from trivett. First off I have to say they are the best dealer I've ever dealt with.

Ive been lurkin for a while before I decided on my purchase, so I'm failry familiar with what I should be doin for my car. A few things.

1. Detailing. The car has some swirl marks which is really obvious on the black paint. In another thread I've been recommended TWD, has anyone used them?

2.Im wanting to grab a tune, I've read bout PROcede or JB. where should i get one locally?

3. I'm in the market for a set of rims. The stock ones look horrendous IMO, and looking for something with bit more poke.

4. and of course some tyres. Now a lot of my friends are bogan and have recommended me Nankang NS2s. they obviously sound chinese and shit. What's good for my car?

Many thanks,

Maurice
__________________
My kids scream when the TURBOS SPIN
BMBALLER is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2012, 08:49 AM   #2
kaitan
Major
 
kaitan's Avatar
 
Drives: Bus 11 AKA walking
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: sydney, australia

Posts: 1,317
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMBALLER View Post
Hi guys, just got my black on black 08 335i last weekend from trivett. First off I have to say they are the best dealer I've ever dealt with.

Ive been lurkin for a while before I decided on my purchase, so I'm failry familiar with what I should be doin for my car. A few things.

1. Detailing. The car has some swirl marks which is really obvious on the black paint. In another thread I've been recommended TWD, has anyone used them?

2.Im wanting to grab a tune, I've read bout PROcede or JB. where should i get one locally?

3. I'm in the market for a set of rims. The stock ones look horrendous IMO, and looking for something with bit more poke.

4. and of course some tyres. Now a lot of my friends are bogan and have recommended me Nankang NS2s. they obviously sound chinese and shit. What's good for my car?

Many thanks,

Maurice
Congrats! on the purchase ! Coupe or sedan?

2)Speak to Stu(BMROMX5) about the tune. His the guy to go to
3)What rims do you have one now?
4)try michelin PSS for tyre on tirerack.com
kaitan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
BMBALLER
Enlisted Member
 
BMBALLER's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: sydney

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan View Post
Congrats! on the purchase ! Coupe or sedan?

2)Speak to Stu(BMROMX5) about the tune. His the guy to go to
3)What rims do you have one now?
4)try michelin PSS for tyre on tirerack.com
thanks mate

Ive got the 4 door because my wife wouldn't let me get the coupe cos of the family

Who is stu? Is he someone who is local? I want someone who I can actually speak to in person. I'm that type of guy.

As for rims, not sure how to describe it. the stock ones that came with the car? 18s but don't look that good.

tirerack seems to be US based, do you know anywhere local? Ive been reocmmended tempe tyres, but their webstie makes me think thats not the type of people I wanna deal with...
__________________
My kids scream when the TURBOS SPIN
BMBALLER is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #4
sbce90
Me Boosta
 
sbce90's Avatar
 
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 5,453
iTrader: (3)

Hi there Maurice ,

1) Detailing.. well we know what's happening with that in the other thread....

2) Tune-wise you have Procede/JB4 and now COBB too. Like kaitan says, shoot bmroxm5 a message and see whats best for you.

3) Some nice aftermarket wheels or CSL style can do wonders.

4) Michelin PSS is proven to be good. Be sure to get non-RFT.
sbce90 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2012, 08:57 AM   #5
bates91
New Member
 
Drives: 09 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

welcome mate

Black paintwork you're going to love it and hate it! haha
ive heard good things about Moonlight Detailing in Sydney, having used them myself and also seen many friends cars been taken care of
very professional which is what you want these days, what amongst all the newbies who think anyone can be a detailer with $50 worth of supplies from supercheap auto

as for rims - a lot of the bmw boys tend to get similar style rims.
i say go for something completely different. turn heads everywhere you roll
enjoy 335i power
bates91 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2012, 08:58 AM   #6
BMBALLER
Enlisted Member
 
BMBALLER's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: sydney

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbce90 View Post
Hi there Maurice ,

1) Detailing.. well we know what's happening with that in the other thread....

2) Tune-wise you have Procede/JB4 and now COBB too. Like kaitan says, shoot bmroxm5 a message and see whats best for you.

3) Some nice aftermarket wheels or CSL style can do wonders.

4) Michelin PSS is proven to be good. Be sure to get non-RFT.
yes hence I made this thread for advice. i'm not sure what's goin on there and i'm not gettin much info. I was hoping someone could talk straight and just tell me

What is cobb? Ive never heard of it, I remember seeing in on packets at coles with corn though...not too sure what it means. is it a piggy like the other two? JB4 seems cheaper but it must be missing something.

I like the CSL reps ive looked at before but I want to stick to BMW OEM just to avoid any issues. the dealer quoted me 4.5k for a new set which i thought was ridiculous.

Ive debated the RFT non-RFT issue, and I've concluded that RFT is probably a better choice for when I drive my family on long trips. dont want a sudden blowout of non-RFTs that could cause a major accident. Also heard that RFTs can survive spike strips? lol not that its relevant just thought that was interesting.
__________________
My kids scream when the TURBOS SPIN
BMBALLER is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #7
kaitan
Major
 
kaitan's Avatar
 
Drives: Bus 11 AKA walking
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: sydney, australia

Posts: 1,317
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMBALLER View Post
Hi guys, just got my black on black 08 335i last weekend from trivett. First off I have to say they are the best dealer I've ever dealt with.

Ive been lurkin for a while before I decided on my purchase, so I'm failry familiar with what I should be doin for my car. A few things.

1. Detailing. The car has some swirl marks which is really obvious on the black paint. In another thread I've been recommended TWD, has anyone used them?

2.Im wanting to grab a tune, I've read bout PROcede or JB. where should i get one locally?

3. I'm in the market for a set of rims. The stock ones look horrendous IMO, and looking for something with bit more poke.

4. and of course some tyres. Now a lot of my friends are bogan and have recommended me Nankang NS2s. they obviously sound chinese and shit. What's good for my car?

Many thanks,

Maurice
Congrats! on the purchase ! Coupe or sedan?

2)Speak to Stu(BMROMX5) about the tune. His the guy to go to
3)What rims do you have one now?
4)try michelin PSS for tyre on tirerack.com
kaitan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2012, 09:03 AM   #8
fire
Registered
 
Drives: Fiat Punto
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia

Posts: 1
iTrader: (0)

RFTs are definitely the go. they do wonders for ride comfort and are also practical. i've seen many a non-BMW owner curse at the fact their car did not come with RFTs.
fire is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2012, 09:04 AM   #9
BMBALLER
Enlisted Member
 
BMBALLER's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: sydney

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan View Post
Congrats! on the purchase ! Coupe or sedan?

2)Speak to Stu(BMROMX5) about the tune. His the guy to go to
3)What rims do you have one now?
4)try michelin PSS for tyre on tirerack.com
Is this deja vu?
__________________
My kids scream when the TURBOS SPIN
BMBALLER is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #10
kaitan
Major
 
kaitan's Avatar
 
Drives: Bus 11 AKA walking
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: sydney, australia

Posts: 1,317
iTrader: (1)

Oppss double posted...my internet sucks.

Yeap considering that u bought you car from trivett then yes BMRoxm5 is the guy to speak to as he is local.

I know there was coupe 08 335i trivett was selling with almost full options. with 225 rims.

Guys over here tend to get VMR. I will just keep mine stock 19"
kaitan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2012, 09:09 AM   #11
BMBALLER
Enlisted Member
 
BMBALLER's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: sydney

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan View Post
Oppss double posted...my internet sucks.

Yeap considering that u bought you car from trivett then yes BMRoxm5 is the guy to speak to as he is local.

I know there was coupe 08 335i trivett was selling with almost full options. with 225 rims.

Guys over here tend to get VMR. I will just keep mine stock 19"
Dont worry the NBN is headed your way, double posts are a thing of the past. At least thats something the ginger got right.

That's what I like to do too. VMR is from Taiwan isn't it? I dont want anything asian. Just need a decent set of BMW OEM rims and I will be happy.
__________________
My kids scream when the TURBOS SPIN
BMBALLER is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2012, 09:10 AM   #12
BMBALLER
Enlisted Member
 
BMBALLER's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: sydney

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMBALLER View Post
DW the NBN is headed your way, double posts are a thing of the past.

That's what I like to do too. VMR is from Taiwan isn't it? I dont want anything asian. Just need a decent set of BMW OEM rims and I will be happy.
No offence to asians, i like your women. Just that had some bad experiences with chinese products so never touch them again
__________________
My kids scream when the TURBOS SPIN
BMBALLER is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2012, 09:16 AM   #13
kaitan
Major
 
kaitan's Avatar
 
Drives: Bus 11 AKA walking
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: sydney, australia

Posts: 1,317
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMBALLER View Post
Dont worry the NBN is headed your way, double posts are a thing of the past. At least thats something the ginger got right.

That's what I like to do too. VMR is from Taiwan isn't it? I dont want anything asian. Just need a decent set of BMW OEM rims and I will be happy.
I dont have VMR...I mean I will stick to my 19" oem wheels
kaitan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #14
BMBALLER
Enlisted Member
 
BMBALLER's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: sydney

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan View Post
I dont have VMR...I mean I will stick to my 19" oem wheels
I thought 19s wouldnt fit into a 1 series. Good choice tho. Couldn't you afford a 135i?

Yeh I meant I like to use stock wheels too, just not hte ones that came with this car. the dealer quoted 4.5k for new ones.
__________________
My kids scream when the TURBOS SPIN
BMBALLER is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #15
bornadog335i
First Lieutenant
 
bornadog335i's Avatar
 
Drives: Black MY09 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Posts: 368
iTrader: (0)

I went with Procede and completely happy with the tune. No disrespect to local guys as they need to run a business. I ended up purchasing mine from the USA and doing a DIY.

have a look here:

http://www.procedetuning.com/BMW/n54/n54.html
__________________
M Sports Pack, Sapphire Black, Procede Rev 3, Alpina T3 trans flash, Gloss Black GTC wheels with Michelin 19" PSS, Gloss Black BMW Performance Grill
bornadog335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2012, 01:34 AM   #16
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes's Avatar
 
Drives: a black car
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sydney

Posts: 4,793
iTrader: (3)

Hey OP,

Stu here and welcome aboard.

Happy to help out and give you an unbiased opinion on all tunes - I've helped lots of noobs out like yourself in the past :P plus am a sponsor of the site with ABN.

Some ending up going with Procede, some with JB4 and some with Cobb after I gave them info and my feedback for them to consider - a lot depends on your goals for the car too.

Feel free to check out the BMR Autowerkes website listed below in my sig, also you can email me stuart at bmrautowerkes.com.au and I'll do my best to respond asap.

Cheers,
Stuart @ BMR
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #17
Rossi_M6-3
Banned
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia

Posts: 10
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire View Post
RFTs are definitely the go. they do wonders for ride comfort and are also practical. i've seen many a non-BMW owner curse at the fact their car did not come with RFTs.
My mum always said, never trust a guy who drives a fiat Punto....
Rossi_M6-3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2012, 08:56 PM   #18
kaitan
Major
 
kaitan's Avatar
 
Drives: Bus 11 AKA walking
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: sydney, australia

Posts: 1,317
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMBALLER View Post
I thought 19s wouldnt fit into a 1 series. Good choice tho. Couldn't you afford a 135i?

Yeh I meant I like to use stock wheels too, just not hte ones that came with this car. the dealer quoted 4.5k for new ones.
nah nah the 19" is on a 335i e92
kaitan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2012, 05:50 AM   #19
BMBALLER
Enlisted Member
 
BMBALLER's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: sydney

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5 View Post
Hey OP,

Stu here and welcome aboard.

Happy to help out and give you an unbiased opinion on all tunes - I've helped lots of noobs out like yourself in the past :P plus am a sponsor of the site with ABN.

Some ending up going with Procede, some with JB4 and some with Cobb after I gave them info and my feedback for them to consider - a lot depends on your goals for the car too.

Feel free to check out the BMR Autowerkes website listed below in my sig, also you can email me stuart at bmrautowerkes.com.au and I'll do my best to respond asap.

Cheers,
Stuart @ BMR
I checked out yoru website but was immediately distracted by some bimbo with a large chest on the front page and ended up forgetting what i was looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornadog335i View Post
I went with Procede and completely happy with the tune. No disrespect to local guys as they need to run a business. I ended up purchasing mine from the USA and doing a DIY.

have a look here:

http://www.procedetuning.com/BMW/n54/n54.html
thanks mate. ive done my research into the tunes and what they have to say for themselves, looking for personal feedback like you have provided. How is it in terms of meth integration? my friend who drives an s15 said meth is good shit so I plan to get it. not sure if he was referring to the car tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi_M6-3 View Post
My mum always said, never trust a guy who drives a fiat Punto....
funnily enough, my dad used to have a punto has a daily driver and my mum said the exact same thing.

he no longer drives it though because my mum took it as part of the divorce settlement

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan View Post
nah nah the 19" is on a 335i e92
that sounds great! photos? i might look to get 19s too
__________________
My kids scream when the TURBOS SPIN
BMBALLER is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2012, 05:58 AM   #20
320i4life
Banned
 
320i4life's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 320i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Proud of it.

Posts: 14
iTrader: (0)

Dude get a JB, so much better than Procede and will get loads more powers. Heaps more stable too - i don't trust the Procede one bit.
320i4life is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2012, 07:20 AM   #21
bornadog335i
First Lieutenant
 
bornadog335i's Avatar
 
Drives: Black MY09 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Posts: 368
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320i4life View Post
Dude get a JB, so much better than Procede and will get loads more powers. Heaps more stable too - i don't trust the Procede one bit.



What don't you trust about it?
__________________
M Sports Pack, Sapphire Black, Procede Rev 3, Alpina T3 trans flash, Gloss Black GTC wheels with Michelin 19" PSS, Gloss Black BMW Performance Grill
bornadog335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #22
320i4life
Banned
 
320i4life's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 320i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Proud of it.

Posts: 14
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornadog335i View Post
[/b]

What don't you trust about it?
The fact its gunna fall apart at any given moments

So many more CELs from procedes too.
320i4life is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST