E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Active Autowerke | N52 Signature Exhaust



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #111
upstatedoc
Drone Expert
upstatedoc's Avatar
52
Rep
1,596
Posts

 
Drives: '09 BMW 328ix
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_wrench View Post
Any package pricing available if I drive down for the exhaust and a flash tune?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
FREE installation for all
Cool, lets see thats about 1400 miles one way for me...
__________________
2014 S.S. P938 Nightmare
2014 Dodge Durango R/T //Diablosports Tuning
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
1993 Honda Nighthawk 750
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #112
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
91
Rep
3,584
Posts


 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

Teaser:

Sample is in Enjoy


-Official weight 12 lbs including all brackets and clamps
-Stock Exhaust 30 Pounds

Total 18lbs Savings
__________________

Last edited by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke; 07-30-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 02:00 PM   #113
RupertPupkin
Lieutenant Colonel
RupertPupkin's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,534
Posts

 
Drives: Freak Beast
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East

iTrader: (5)

Looks good. So its a muffler delete with a resonator to kill drone? I love my muffler delete on my 330 but Im on a 6MT so can alwasy shift if i get droning. Is decibel output the same as what I have? Just minus drone?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #114
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
91
Rep
3,584
Posts


 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

Low rpm will be muffled and high rpm will be the same as a straight pipe.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #115
plokij
Lieutenant
plokij's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
520
Posts

 
Drives: Nothing
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
Teaser:

Sample is in Enjoy


Official weight 12 pounds including all brackets and clamps
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #116
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
91
Rep
3,584
Posts


 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

Official pre order thread.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=724956
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #117
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
134
Rep
11,038
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BS 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: S. Bay Area, CA + Newark, NJ + ChiCity + True Blue

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
looks goood
__________________
looking for a PreLCI Black Sapphire e90 front bumper without license plate holes

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 08:20 PM   #118
flinchy
Colonel
39
Rep
2,865
Posts

 
Drives: 130i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: QLD, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Would this fit a 130i/128i ?

It looks fairly similar

Actually in listening to the vid, idle sounds a bit raspy, even if revving sounds nice
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #119
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
91
Rep
3,584
Posts


 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

Have not tried on a 128 but I would doubt it.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 12:37 AM   #120
mapleridge
Banned
43
Rep
2,681
Posts

 
Drives: E90 N52 AT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (4)

clean work. good job.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 04:11 AM   #121
KontroversyXI
Call of Duty addict
KontroversyXI's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
51
Posts

 
Drives: '07 328xi
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Los Angeles / DTLA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
'07 328xi  [0.00]
I've been in the market for an exhaust system for months.

I admired the AA exhaust for the 335's, and always wished that you guys had something available for my car. Thanks for saving us all from being pigeon holed into the PE! PM sent.
__________________

Crimson Red e90 328xi |Matte Black 18" VMR 701 | Euro Box | AA Signature Exhaust | OEM Black Lines | Huper Optik
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 07:57 AM   #122
upstatedoc
Drone Expert
upstatedoc's Avatar
52
Rep
1,596
Posts

 
Drives: '09 BMW 328ix
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
"The increased flow minimizes back pressure, resulting in substantial HP and torque gains."

Did you do some dyno testing or is this in combo with the AA tune?
__________________
2014 S.S. P938 Nightmare
2014 Dodge Durango R/T //Diablosports Tuning
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
1993 Honda Nighthawk 750
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 08:55 AM   #123
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
91
Rep
3,584
Posts


 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

That is combined with the tune.

We plan on dynoing the car asap with just the exhaust. Our 328 is a little busy at the moment
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 03:42 PM   #124
mapleridge
Banned
43
Rep
2,681
Posts

 
Drives: E90 N52 AT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
That is combined with the tune.

We plan on dynoing the car asap with just the exhaust. Our 328 is a little busy at the moment
Its OK take your time.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 11:55 PM   #125
flinchy
Colonel
39
Rep
2,865
Posts

 
Drives: 130i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: QLD, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Have not tried on a 128 but I would doubt it.
why is that?

the shape is idencial

the exit point on the bumper would be similar

only thing, would be if the rear section from the diff back is WAY different dimensions
as far as i know, most cat-back type systems are fairl similar between 1-3 series?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 01:12 AM   #126
plokij
Lieutenant
plokij's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
520
Posts

 
Drives: Nothing
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
why is that?

the shape is idencial

the exit point on the bumper would be similar

only thing, would be if the rear section from the diff back is WAY different dimensions
as far as i know, most cat-back type systems are fairl similar between 1-3 series?
why i personally don't give a shit:

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 /E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions

but i guess others may want to know.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 06:06 AM   #127
flinchy
Colonel
39
Rep
2,865
Posts

 
Drives: 130i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: QLD, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by plokij View Post
why i personally don't give a shit:

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 /E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions

but i guess others may want to know.
you missed the important part

> NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications

and when information on ANYTHING to do with the N52, whether it be exhaust or not, is extremely rare/hard to come by, and there's pretty close to literally zero vendors posting on the 1er N/A section about anything other than tunes (like AA etc.)

let alone actual products developed specifically for the application

care to be a little more accomodating and or friendly?

i'm quite happy to share anything to do with anything common to our cars, considering every single suspension component is identical (well, 99% as far as i know) and the engines are close enough (bar manifolds and charcoal whatever blah blah) - i'll be getting my exhaust (and on a similar note, suspension) done in the near future, and damn straight i'll share videos/dyno's here, because whatever i can do on my N52, so can anyone else..

pretty much the only difference besides probably the exhaust, between the E8x 1 and E9x 3 series, is the shape and size of it..
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #128
SavvyByNature
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
280
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 - 328i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Hey Andrew, any new vids of the exhaust with the sample you guys just received?
__________________
Montego Blue Metallic e92 6MT|| BMW Performance SSK Kit || Charcoal Delete w/ K&N Drop-In || CDV Delete || Custom Clutch Stop || (3) Stage Manifold Swap || Stage 2 Eurocharged Tune ()
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #129
Tim07e90
Lieutenant
Tim07e90's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
476
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E90 328i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [4.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavvyByNature
Hey Andrew, any new vids of the exhaust with the sample you guys just received?
And pictures of the other optional tips?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #130
plokij
Lieutenant
plokij's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
520
Posts

 
Drives: Nothing
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
you missed the important part

> NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications

and when information on ANYTHING to do with the N52, whether it be exhaust or not, is extremely rare/hard to come by, and there's pretty close to literally zero vendors posting on the 1er N/A section about anything other than tunes (like AA etc.)

let alone actual products developed specifically for the application

care to be a little more accomodating and or friendly?

i'm quite happy to share anything to do with anything common to our cars, considering every single suspension component is identical (well, 99% as far as i know) and the engines are close enough (bar manifolds and charcoal whatever blah blah) - i'll be getting my exhaust (and on a similar note, suspension) done in the near future, and damn straight i'll share videos/dyno's here, because whatever i can do on my N52, so can anyone else..

pretty much the only difference besides probably the exhaust, between the E8x 1 and E9x 3 series, is the shape and size of it..
dude, nobody cares about your personal issues with the lack of exhaust options for your car. this is a group buy thread started by a vendor for a specific product and most, if not all of us, who already put money towards it just want to get updates on that product.

you asked the vendor a question, and he gave you a quick, honest response despite the fact that you commented on how raspy you thought the product sounded at idle.

send the vendor a PM or whatever, but don't pound your fists in this thread looking for answers about why this product won't fit your car.

i understand where you're coming from and that you're frustrated, but you are
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 01:30 PM   #131
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
91
Rep
3,584
Posts


 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavvyByNature View Post
Hey Andrew, any new vids of the exhaust with the sample you guys just received?
Very soon! We have some other priorities for 328 at the moment.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #132
mapleridge
Banned
43
Rep
2,681
Posts

 
Drives: E90 N52 AT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Very soon! We have some other priorities for 328 at the moment.
you want to say something so bad so just get it off your chest. we won't tell anyone.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST