E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Sheepskin vs Cotton-Poly BMW Seat Covers?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #1
Zengineer
Private
4
Rep
73
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 328i Sedan Black/Tan
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oklahoma City

iTrader: (0)

Sheepskin vs Cotton-Poly BMW Seat Covers?

Greetings all - As summer is approaching, I am 'feeling the heat' to get some seat covers that reduce the amount of sweat that my ass produces (apologies if that was too graphic). I have narrowed it down to sheepskin and the cotton-poly seat covers from BMW.

The cotton-poly BMW seat covers are 'vests' - meaning they don't cover the whole seat, just the center portion. Personally, I like the look of that but cannot find a sheepskin 'vest' for an e90 with base seat.

Does anyone have any idea where I could order such a thing?

It seems that the sheepskin would be more comfortable and keep my buns cooler, but if the cotton-poly BMW vests are also effective, it might be worth saving a few bucks and giving the cotton poly vests a shot.

I welcome anyone's feedback about cooling the seats down bit.

Thanks!

-Brandon
__________________
2009 Jet Black E90 328i | Wheels: 17" Rial Salerno | Tires: 225 45 Conti DWS | DIY Blacked out Kidney Grilles |

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #2
Zengineer
Private
4
Rep
73
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 328i Sedan Black/Tan
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oklahoma City

iTrader: (0)

I think www.superlambauto.com is the best choice.

Man I just don't know if I can justify HUNDREDs of dollars for seat covers... I think i'll try the BMW cotton-poly first, and if those are worthless, maybe upgrade to the sheepskin.
__________________
2009 Jet Black E90 328i | Wheels: 17" Rial Salerno | Tires: 225 45 Conti DWS | DIY Blacked out Kidney Grilles |

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #3
edirtaynine
Major General
61
Rep
6,093
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

sheepskin covers hahahaahahahha they look terrible on ANY car
__________________
e90post killed plastidip
Just say no to painted stock wheels

jm3as hooks it up
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #4
i dunno
Lieutenant
5
Rep
408
Posts

 
Drives: a pair of legs
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zengineer View Post
I think www.superlambauto.com is the best choice.

Man I just don't know if I can justify HUNDREDs of dollars for seat covers... I think i'll try the BMW cotton-poly first, and if those are worthless, maybe upgrade to the sheepskin.
i feel like sheepskin will make you even hotter and sweat more.

you should get something that allows more ventilation. have you considered a beaded car seat cover? my taxi driving uncle swears by them and drives for hours without breaking a sweat.
http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Wood-C...ref=pd_sim_e_4

or a bamboo one if you're environmentally conscious. it even features enhanced lumbar support
http://www.amazon.com/Cooling-Summer...boo+seat+cover

Last edited by i dunno; 06-10-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #5
PerthBMW
First Lieutenant
PerthBMW's Avatar
Australia
9
Rep
313
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 325i M Sports Innovation
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Perth Western Australia

iTrader: (0)

Aussie Solution

Hi

I used these as a solution and they work really well and suit a car with seat side airbags. I covered the Holden Lion logo with a BMW badge and they look good. They seat covers do not make you hot and serve the purpose you have outlined. You can also see more detials about them on the holden website www.holden.com.au

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-G...ht_1476wt_1161

Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #6
Zengineer
Private
4
Rep
73
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 328i Sedan Black/Tan
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oklahoma City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edirtaynine View Post
sheepskin covers hahahaahahahha they look terrible on ANY car
Thank you for sharing your opinion.
__________________
2009 Jet Black E90 328i | Wheels: 17" Rial Salerno | Tires: 225 45 Conti DWS | DIY Blacked out Kidney Grilles |

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #7
Zengineer
Private
4
Rep
73
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 328i Sedan Black/Tan
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oklahoma City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i dunno View Post
i feel like sheepskin will make you even hotter and sweat more.

you should get something that allows more ventilation. have you considered a beaded car seat cover? my taxi driving uncle swears by them and drives for hours without breaking a sweat.
http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Wood-C...ref=pd_sim_e_4

or a bamboo one if you're environmentally conscious. it even features enhanced lumbar support
http://www.amazon.com/Cooling-Summer...boo+seat+cover
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerthBMW View Post
Hi

I used these as a solution and they work really well and suit a car with seat side airbags. I covered the Holden Lion logo with a BMW badge and they look good. They seat covers do not make you hot and serve the purpose you have outlined. You can also see more detials about them on the holden website www.holden.com.au

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-G...ht_1476wt_1161

Hope this helps
Thank you for the helpful responses! I'll add those to the list of considerations.

I thought the same thing about sheepskin, but yeah apparently it does a really good job of staying at a constant (relatively cool) temperature.

Thanks!
__________________
2009 Jet Black E90 328i | Wheels: 17" Rial Salerno | Tires: 225 45 Conti DWS | DIY Blacked out Kidney Grilles |

Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST