E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > How to: QUADS for the n52. Pics.

06-28-2012, 05:06 AM   #45
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep
Drives: fast, sometimes slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90pilot View Post
So is the E46 M3 rice? There is absolutely no need for a quad setup on that car. There is no need for a dual setup on a 335. There is no need for a quad setup on the e92 M3 or any M5 for that matter. BMW went out of thier way to make them have quad exhausts at the expense of weight and performance. And like I said above Dinan puts fake tips on thier exhausts because they don't want to loose the look.
Well, it isn't a question of "need" - you're absolutely right that the 335 doesn't need it - somehow the 135 and the older 535 survive just fine. But the issue isn't so much "need" as it is "want". Quad exhausts are aspirational because we think it makes the car look stupidly powerful. So the M3 has it despite having little need for it. So we go out and 3M-tape a pair of pipes onto a N52 to match that?...

Not sure if you've seen middle Eastern cars where people will simultaneously put Mercedes AND BMW logos on, say, a Lada reminds me of this. (or the famous BMW Audi R8 lol). My opinion is the OP's car is a good looking car that just had a huge hand-written Rolex sign taped onto it.
      06-28-2012, 06:39 AM   #46
Torobimmer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 Pre-LCI prem+sport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90pilot View Post
So is the E46 M3 rice? There is absolutely no need for a quad setup on that car. There is no need for a dual setup on a 335. There is no need for a quad setup on the e92 M3 or any M5 for that matter. BMW went out of thier way to make them have quad exhausts at the expense of weight and performance. And like I said above Dinan puts fake tips on thier exhausts because they don't want to loose the look.
u make more sense. enjoy reading your contributions in e90 community.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 06:40 AM   #47
N0OS3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramirez330i View Post
I think I will go this route actually...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...source=message
not really sure where you're going with this... ? this thread is one of my "newbie" threads from february 2011... you're not proving a point... unless you're ACTUALLY talking about retrofitting 335i turbos onto your N52...

There's a difference between hating (dislike because i can't afford it or create it myself) vs criticizing (i think it's dumb). Either way, it's my opinion and you can either take it for what it's worth (zero) or cry about it.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 12:17 AM   #48
Gjm127
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i xDrive M-Sport

Garage List
I think it looks great. Our cars can't give us the performance we'd like but if making it look sportier makes him happy, then why not?
It sure made me happy to get my BMWPE converted into duals.. I'm happy I didn't get all the heat for that since mine was done by extending a pipe through to the passengers side.

Why didn't I get bullseyed as much as he is now?
We're both aiming for the same thing... LOOKS! Who cares if it's fake!
Good job OP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos916 View Post
Its not imposible to do quad or a dual set up with all that stuff back there .. Shoot this member did dual with a BMWPE!!!
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=674077&page=3

Just ad two more tips and u git quad
Hey that's me!! I did this because I live in cold weather and getting fake tips would make it look real bad when in low temperatures.
Also, I wanted the air to come out evenly...
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 05:50 AM   #49
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Gjm, you didn't get bullseyed because at least you made the effort to plumb the second pipe. You gained no performance, but at least made the effort to make it look decent, so it's now in the realm of taste - whether one likes the look or not. The OP in this thread just 3M taped a set of unplumbed pipes on the right side. It's borderline shameful.
      06-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #50
ramirez330i
MATTE
Rep
Drives: '13 VW Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Gjm, you didn't get bullseyed because at least you made the effort to plumb the second pipe. You gained no performance, but at least made the effort to make it look decent, so it's now in the realm of taste - whether one likes the look or not. The OP in this thread just 3M taped a set of unplumbed pipes on the right side. It's borderline shameful.
So you think that I should have run a pipe to the right side to make them "look" more like "real" fake quads. And in the process risk losing performance, exhaust tone, having to modify the cars underbody components, and spending a lot more money to achieve the exact same thing. Quads that literally do nothing except provide symmetry to the rear of the car in a purely cosmetic way.
      06-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #51
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Quote:
So you think that I should have run a pipe to the right side to make them "look" more like "real" fake quads. And in the process risk losing performance, exhaust tone, having to modify the cars underbody components, and spending a lot more money to achieve the exact same thing. Quads that literally do nothing except provide symmetry to the rear of the car in a purely cosmetic way.
Actually, that's a bit of a straw man argument. Nowhere did I condone quads from my viewpoint, I just rail more on fake quads than plumbed ones.

Honestly, I think you should've done nothing and left your car as it was. The reason being that, as I wrote upthread, I really like the way you modded the car otherwise (the matte grey looks sharp) and (if asked to) I would have trouble criticising it from any angle. What does it matter if it didn't have quads, real or fake? There have been plenty of beautiful cars which are "asymmetric" in their exhaust placement, and others which were symmetric but fugly.

It comes down to someone looking at the car going "nice exhaust" - and you have a choice of saying "nah it's fake, just looks" (bam, instant points down) or dodge the question. Why bother?
      06-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #52
ramirez330i
MATTE
Rep
Drives: '13 VW Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Actually, that's a bit of a straw man argument. Nowhere did I condone quads from my viewpoint, I just rail more on fake quads than plumbed ones.

Honestly, I think you should've done nothing and left your car as it was. The reason being that, as I wrote upthread, I really like the way you modded the car otherwise (the matte grey looks sharp) and (if asked to) I would have trouble criticising it from any angle. What does it matter if it didn't have quads, real or fake? There have been plenty of beautiful cars which are "asymmetric" in their exhaust placement, and others which were symmetric but fugly.

It comes down to someone looking at the car going "nice exhaust" - and you have a choice of saying "nah it's fake, just looks" (bam, instant points down) or dodge the question. Why bother?
I see where you are coming from completely. The thing is, first of all, I could care less what other people think about my car. It is my car so I do what I want to it. Im not posing with badges or anything like that. Also, the fact that I did spend a good deal of money upgrading to an aftermarket exhaust system, the Magnaflow #16539 catback, and did not want to modify it for fear of the stories of losing low end torque and resale value, makes it more justifiable in my mind.
      06-29-2012, 10:49 AM   #53
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Quote:
I see where you are coming from completely. The thing is, first of all, I could care less what other people think about my car. It is my car so I do what I want to it. Im not posing with badges or anything like that. Also, the fact that I did spend a good deal of money upgrading to an aftermarket exhaust system, the Magnaflow #16539 catback, and did not want to modify it for fear of the stories of losing low end torque and resale value, makes it more justifiable in my mind.
Yeah, I suppose (and thanks for taking the criticism civilly). I agree that at least you made the effort to upgrade the exhaust - and had you piped it, some other smartass would come out railing on you for just lengthening the pipes and adding no function - there is no win there, whichever way you play it.

Ah well. Like I said, besides that, car looks good
      06-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #54
Ph0zenstone
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e X-Drive

I did something similar (not with quads) but I've also routed the piping to the passenger side since itd look rather weird in the winter when exhaust fumes are only coming out of one side. Not a bad job tho...looks good from the rear

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=557918
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #55
Torobimmer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 Pre-LCI prem+sport 6mt

For more newcomers: n52 quad conversion resource visit

For more newcomers: n52 quad conversion resource visit

[\How to: QUADS for n52. Part 2.] ]http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=711034

Dual-exhaust conversion on PE
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674077

extra

Secondary cat delete??????
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=711999

Quote:
this is why i love this thread. 1. OP's contributions to n52 community ex:with this thread improving exhaust w/o lost of power. 2 gained more respect from me in evidence by his spot on responses to haters.

no homo but man i love this guy. LOL

Last edited by Torobimmer; 06-30-2012 at 02:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #56
E90ROXS
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

Here is the true quad conversion. LTBMW installed a 335 Vanguard exhaust on a E92 328i. I'm thinking of doing this. By the way who the hell need that stupid emergency box? Might as well get rid of it.

http://ltbmw.com/category/installs/
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #57
Omar335i
El Capitan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 IS350 FSport

I think you pulled it off. Had me fooled lol
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #58
e90mbition
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46, E90

all you ppl bitching about OP, his car is nicely put together and all the mods flow together with his csl trunk and diffusor, the ones who bitch u guys probably just have those cheap tape on mods like m3 lip spoiler or matte black grills.

to OP: u done a great job and your car looks great, screw the haters
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 02:22 AM   #59
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tororosso1
Quote:
Hate all you want. Just trying to help out the n52 community.
imo its a good setup.
for the looks of it
And its a good balance between performance vrs looks
plus, OP managed come up with a solution of not losing much low end torque performance...
to me spliting n52 to quads is even more of a fail due to not having torque at all LOL i mean minivan will probably keep up with it on exit power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kybmw View Post
looks good but anything fake, you're going to get bitch slap on this fourm
i disagree. i think for the most part e90 has supportive members but there are for sure a good number of members in e90 commuinty who's maturity level that are
unfortunately they're also annoying loud group of kids.

5-6 series community has much less noise.
No torque? 316nm is plenty! Mine pulls fine!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 02:31 AM   #60
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White '13 550i

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Doesn't Remus make quads for us n52 guys so it won't interfere with the metal box?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 03:03 AM   #61
saife90
Rep
Drives: e90

haters always gonna hate great job dude!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #62
shamu2789
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 '07

I think it looks damn sexy if nothing else! Nice work bro
      04-13-2013, 12:34 AM   #63
cuiter23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87 M2 6Spd

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [6.00]
Quote:
Hate all you want. Just trying to help out the n52 community.
Your quads look sick! clean configuration and forget the haters bro
[SOLD] 2007 E90 328i - Titanium Metallic l 19" VMR V710 l H&R Trak+ Spacers l M-Sport Rear Bumper l Mtech Rear Lip Spoiler l Hamann Front Lip l Eibach Sportline l AA N52 Signature Exhaust l OEM Blacklines l MTEC V3 AE l 6000K HID l Nokya 7000K Fogs l MTEC License Plate LED l Interior LED l 15% Tint l BlackVue DR380G-HD + PMP
2023 G87 M2 6Spd - HEA Package | OEM M Performance Carbon Wing
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #64
thefull9yards
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Sparkling Graphite 328i

... fake quads? I know this has already been said plenty of times by others, but, really? Either take the time to do it right or find something else to mod. No need to make it look rice.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #65
Dylanize
Captain Dutch Rudder
Rep
Drives: AMG

At The End Of The Day... Your 335 Dual Exhaust Is "just For Looks"...
Merely Dual To Distinguish Between Models. My Friends Accord Has A Dual Exhaust, Know Why? Because It Says "sport" On The Back.
      04-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #66
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylanize View Post
At The End Of The Day... Your 335 Dual Exhaust Is "just For Looks"...
Merely Dual To Distinguish Between Models. My Friends Accord Has A Dual Exhaust, Know Why? Because It Says "sport" On The Back.
Uhh... what? Have you actually seen a 335 exhaust? The Accord exhaust splits at the rear axle, while the 335i exhaust actually has two channels straight to each turbo, all the way from the downpipes to the exhaust tips. Google Images is your friend, friend.