E90Post
 


E92 Lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > F U Texas heat!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #67
roundel335
Brigadier General
 
roundel335's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 335i Sedan, 11 128i Cabrio
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wilmington, NC

Posts: 3,271
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
I've lived in Dallas, Houston (north and south sides) and Austin/Round Rock. Houston takes the prize for humidity hands down every time.
__________________

2013 F30 335i M-Sport 8AT/MPE/MPPK, 2011 128i M-sport Cabrio 6MT/PE
roundel335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #68
gizmo335i
Colonel
 
gizmo335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 JB E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Antonio

Posts: 2,907
iTrader: (50)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [4.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335
I've lived in Dallas, Houston (north and south sides) and Austin/Round Rock. Houston takes the prize for humidity hands down every time.
Well you're moving here so well argue in person about all this. I never said Houston wasn't more humid than those places.
__________________
JB4 | Vanguard/Quad burnt tips | Linea Corse | Mtech Front/rear | AFE DCI | H&R Sport + Koni yellow | Umnitza Full LED Angels | Akyrm lip/quad diffuser | Alpine CSL CF Trunklid
See Garage for more
gizmo335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2012, 04:12 PM   #69
gizmo335i
Colonel
 
gizmo335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 JB E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Antonio

Posts: 2,907
iTrader: (50)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [4.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335
I've lived in Dallas, Houston (north and south sides) and Austin/Round Rock. Houston takes the prize for humidity hands down every time.
Well you're moving here so well argue in person about all this. I never said Houston wasn't more humid than those places.
__________________
JB4 | Vanguard/Quad burnt tips | Linea Corse | Mtech Front/rear | AFE DCI | H&R Sport + Koni yellow | Umnitza Full LED Angels | Akyrm lip/quad diffuser | Alpine CSL CF Trunklid
See Garage for more
gizmo335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #70
jpurvis08
Colonel
 
jpurvis08's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 330i Sport, e70 X5 4.8i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dallas,Texas

Posts: 2,193
iTrader: (5)

LOL at this thread...
__________________

2006 BMW 330i| 19" Iforged Senekas|Eibach|12000k HID Headlights|GP Thunder| Blackline||RD Angel|Custom Quad Exhaust|
jpurvis08 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #71
Litos
Colonel
 
Litos's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,811
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335 View Post
I've lived in Dallas, Houston (north and south sides) and Austin/Round Rock. Houston takes the prize for humidity hands down every time.
but where is it unbareably the hottest !?!?
__________________
Litos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #72
E90 Skye
Lieutenant
 
E90 Skye's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i Jet Black
Join Date: May 2009
Location: DFW, Texas

Posts: 457
iTrader: (1)

once it gets over 105 its all the same to me... in that it's just horrible. My wife and I were just in Breckenridge, Colorado last week for a short vacation (highs upper 60s to 73 and lows from 47-55) and coming back to the blast furnace was not fun
__________________
2006 Jet Black 330i | Premium Package | ZF AT | LUX 4.0 | Jlevi M3 Front Bumper | CF Mtech spoiler | Gloss Black Grill | Msport wheel | Blacklines | Koni FSD + Eibach Pro-kit | BMS PBX
E90 Skye is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #73
DoD74
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dallas

Posts: 133
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
I just moved here from Southern California and this heat is horrible and its not even mid summer yet.. Does it get worse than this?!
And on top of dealing with the heat, its taking a toll on my cars peak performance!
*end rant*
You said it! I moved here from the San Diego area and it's brutal. I would move back out there in a heartbeat...
__________________
BMW History:
2000 328iS|2002 E39 530i|2005 E60 530i|2007 328i Coupe|2009 335i Coupe|2012 335i Coupe
DoD74 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #74
Litos
Colonel
 
Litos's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,811
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD74 View Post
You said it! I moved here from the San Diego area and it's brutal. I would move back out there in a heartbeat...
you lived in the closest thing to a paradise this entire country has to offer - why the hell did you move !?!?

i was stationed in Camp Pendleton so i'm very familiar with SoCal....
__________________
Litos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #75
DoD74
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dallas

Posts: 133
iTrader: (0)

LOL My wife had to be out here and we got tired of the long distance so here I am. Believe me, nothing else could have done it
__________________
BMW History:
2000 328iS|2002 E39 530i|2005 E60 530i|2007 328i Coupe|2009 335i Coupe|2012 335i Coupe
DoD74 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #76
DoD74
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dallas

Posts: 133
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo335i View Post
Well you're moving here so well argue in person about all this. I never said Houston wasn't more humid than those places.
I have to agree: Dallas is unbelievably humid compared to what I'm used to, but after visiting Houston I have to agree it is worse. I think I'll have to limit trips to Houston to be between the months of November - March :-)
__________________
BMW History:
2000 328iS|2002 E39 530i|2005 E60 530i|2007 328i Coupe|2009 335i Coupe|2012 335i Coupe
DoD74 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #77
RambleJ
Colonel
 
RambleJ's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 535i M-sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Back in teh so cal

Posts: 2,007
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD74 View Post
You said it! I moved here from the San Diego area and it's brutal. I would move back out there in a heartbeat...
I had lived in San Diego from when I was 21-25. Loved it, I I was down in Pacific Beach.
RambleJ is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #78
roundel335
Brigadier General
 
roundel335's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 335i Sedan, 11 128i Cabrio
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wilmington, NC

Posts: 3,271
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
but where is it unbareably the hottest !?!?
I'd have to say here in Central Texas around Austin...Houston gets the humidity, but its proximity to the Gulf keeps it a little cooler temperature-wise, and Dallas is generally (remember, I said generally) a bit cooler than Austin/SA because it's further north. We get this big dome of high pressure right over us in Central TX, and we get some of that Gulf moisture to raise the humidity enough to make it suck big time. Now...for how it FEELS, even a 98-degree day in Houston is worse than a 105-degree day in Austin. At least, that's how it feels to me.
__________________

2013 F30 335i M-Sport 8AT/MPE/MPPK, 2011 128i M-sport Cabrio 6MT/PE
roundel335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 04:46 PM   #79
Litos
Colonel
 
Litos's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,811
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335 View Post
Now...for how it FEELS, even a 98-degree day in Houston is worse than a 105-degree day in Austin. At least, that's how it feels to me.
which is right on the same line as i was saying.

in a perfect world, i'd be making 30% more than what i do now while living in San Diego (which means a "whale's vagina")
__________________
Litos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #80
gizmo335i
Colonel
 
gizmo335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 JB E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Antonio

Posts: 2,907
iTrader: (50)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [4.72]
I disagree but I'm the minority on this...I admit. No big deal....to each his own..nice SRT BTW...I love those. And we have the same truck so no need for hard feelings....I just love arguing about this topic...cause I think most people are mis-informed about weather/temp/humidity/etc. Most people just say what they've heard....or go by a "visit" to these places instead of living there. I know I haven't lived in Houston so maybe I'm somewhat off the mark. But I have lived in a lot of hot climates. And to me, spending long periods of time outside playing sports....the temperature is what the body cares about...not index or humidity. Again, I'm talking ALL DAY..not for an hour or so. If anything humidity helps the body stay cooler and at least you know you're dehydrated. After playing ball outside all day in 105+, I could not walk at the end of the day. Playing outside in 95+ humid as hell all day, I was fine at the end of the day. The humidity was more annoying I guess. But that's what is...annoying. Your car doesn't know what humidity is or what an index is. It's meaningless. It only knows temperature. There's a reason all the houses are stucko out there and there's barely any vegetation. It's FUCKING HOTTER than anywhere else in the country and it hardly EVER rains. Believe me, you talk to people that live out there and most avoid being outside during the summer more than we do out here. It's unbearable in Phoenix when they get spurts of 110+ for weeks...dry or not.

AND it's the summer as a whole that I think is SO much worse out in the desert. They get 100+ EVERY single day for at least 4 months without a drop of rain. And it stays over 100 as long as the damn sun is out. At least in Houston or many other places out here....you get breaks from the heat (usually) with some rain or in the mornings/evenings. That's the thing that drove me crazy out there. By the beginning of Oct...it was still over 100...I just wanted to kill somebody by the end of the summer there.

But hey....some people (maybe most) just hate humidity so much they will always think it's worse. I just prefer the summers here cause at least if we can get some rain in the summer, it brings the temps down so you can deal with the heat....like this year for example. Out there...they never get that.

And I spent the summer in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. I have felt 130 degrees before. And it was dry as hell. But I guarantee you...anyone would take anything Houston can dish out over that. That was seriously brutal. Saudi was over 115 every day. We really don't even know what heat is compared to those places....they laugh at humidity.

/thread
__________________
JB4 | Vanguard/Quad burnt tips | Linea Corse | Mtech Front/rear | AFE DCI | H&R Sport + Koni yellow | Umnitza Full LED Angels | Akyrm lip/quad diffuser | Alpine CSL CF Trunklid
See Garage for more

Last edited by gizmo335i; 07-25-2012 at 08:46 PM.
gizmo335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 12:04 AM   #81
nafoo
Major
 
nafoo's Avatar
 
Drives: Boosted Bimmer
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth

Posts: 1,148
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo335i View Post
I disagree but I'm the minority on this...I admit. No big deal....to each his own..nice SRT BTW...I love those. And we have the same truck so no need for hard feelings....I just love arguing about this topic...cause I think most people are mis-informed about weather/temp/humidity/etc. Most people just say what they've heard....or go by a "visit" to these places instead of living there. I know I haven't lived in Houston so maybe I'm somewhat off the mark. But I have lived in a lot of hot climates. And to me, spending long periods of time outside playing sports....the temperature is what the body cares about...not index or humidity. Again, I'm talking ALL DAY..not for an hour or so. If anything humidity helps the body stay cooler and at least you know you're dehydrated. After playing ball outside all day in 105+, I could not walk at the end of the day. Playing outside in 95+ humid as hell all day, I was fine at the end of the day. The humidity was more annoying I guess. But that's what is...annoying. Your car doesn't know what humidity is or what an index is. It's meaningless. It only knows temperature. There's a reason all the houses are stucko out there and there's barely any vegetation. It's FUCKING HOTTER than anywhere else in the country and it hardly EVER rains. Believe me, you talk to people that live out there and most avoid being outside during the summer more than we do out here. It's unbearable in Phoenix when they get spurts of 110+ for weeks...dry or not.

AND it's the summer as a whole that I think is SO much worse out in the desert. They get 100+ EVERY single day for at least 4 months without a drop of rain. And it stays over 100 as long as the damn sun is out. At least in Houston or many other places out here....you get breaks from the heat (usually) with some rain or in the mornings/evenings. That's the thing that drove me crazy out there. By the beginning of Oct...it was still over 100...I just wanted to kill somebody by the end of the summer there.

But hey....some people (maybe most) just hate humidity so much they will always think it's worse. I just prefer the summers here cause at least if we can get some rain in the summer, it brings the temps down so you can deal with the heat....like this year for example. Out there...they never get that.

And I spent the summer in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. I have felt 130 degrees before. And it was dry as hell. But I guarantee you...anyone would take anything Houston can dish out over that. That was seriously brutal. Saudi was over 115 every day. We really don't even know what heat is compared to those places....they laugh at humidity.

/thread
Ok, but aren't we comparing Texas cities...
nafoo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 05:48 AM   #82
gizmo335i
Colonel
 
gizmo335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 JB E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Antonio

Posts: 2,907
iTrader: (50)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [4.72]
Yeah but part of it became Yuma (one of the hottest cities in the country funny enough) vs. Houston. So I had to bring out my spill on real dry vs. Houston, lol.

You're right though. And I presented the data. The fact is that Dallas avgs about 10% difference in humidity throughout the summer than Houston. And avgs about 5 degrees more. Yet I'm a kid and un-educated just for saying so. And Austin has almost the same humidity with higher avgs. Yet for some reason, everyone thinks Houston is a hell on Earth compared to those two cities. For some reason they think Dallas is this dry place compared to Houston. I grew up there and I remember humidity and high as hell temps. So that is just false. I NEVER said Dallas has higher humidity like someone said. I'm just saying that OVERALL, the summer in Dallas is worse. The temps are usually higher and it is humid. But if humidity is the be all-end all in your mind....then I guess the avg 10% difference makes Houston the hell on earth compared to Dallas in your minds. I'm being told I'm wrong yet I posted the facts and you can look them up elsewhere I'm sure. Even though I haven't LIVED in Houston, I've spent days there in the middle of the summer and experienced the humidity/heat. I was there last summer right in the middle of one of the worst it's ever seen. I didn't think it was any worse than Dallas. And I lived in Biloxi for a summer. That place is more humid avging a couple degrees less in the summer than Houston. So with your thinking, that place is worse than Houston. And that place didn't bother me as much as Dallas did overall.

This argument is actually pretty stupid. Dallas, Houston and Austin are actually VERY close in overall heat in the summer. I just get irritated when people always knee jerk when Houston is mentioned like it's SOOO much hotter there just because it's a little more humid.

But I know I will be told I'm just wrong and that's it. So I don't know what else to say. I know these are long, boring posts but....
__________________
JB4 | Vanguard/Quad burnt tips | Linea Corse | Mtech Front/rear | AFE DCI | H&R Sport + Koni yellow | Umnitza Full LED Angels | Akyrm lip/quad diffuser | Alpine CSL CF Trunklid
See Garage for more
gizmo335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 09:36 AM   #83
roundel335
Brigadier General
 
roundel335's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 335i Sedan, 11 128i Cabrio
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wilmington, NC

Posts: 3,271
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Hey - let's just agree that it's HOT in Texas during the summer and leave it at that, ok?
__________________

2013 F30 335i M-Sport 8AT/MPE/MPPK, 2011 128i M-sport Cabrio 6MT/PE
roundel335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 01:57 PM   #84
Litos
Colonel
 
Litos's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,811
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo335i View Post
I just get irritated when people always knee jerk when Houston is mentioned like it's SOOO much hotter there just because it's a little more humid.
that's the general concensus, because it's true.

and you can see that other people in this thread also agree.....
__________________
Litos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #85
Litos
Colonel
 
Litos's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,811
iTrader: (1)

right now.



Houston - Partly Cloudy
95 dgrees
47% humidity
feels like 104

Dallas - Partly Cloudy
95 degrees
41% humidity
feel like 101


Houston is still hotter.....
__________________
Litos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 03:13 PM   #86
PaiNFuLSeDaTiVe
Lieutenant
 
PaiNFuLSeDaTiVe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMS E90 335i AT
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Temple, TX

Posts: 426
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 e90 335i  [0.00]
Humidity Sucks!! >>RANT ON!!!

booo - dumb forums not letting me post in all caps
__________________

2007 JB e90 retired!
2008 BMS e90 stock for now
PaiNFuLSeDaTiVe is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 03:16 PM   #87
gizmo335i
Colonel
 
gizmo335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 JB E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Antonio

Posts: 2,907
iTrader: (50)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [4.72]
You can't seem to put forth any good arguments. All you know how to do is make some snide remark or post the numbers for one day.

It's fine though. You obviously are set in your thinking no matter what even though you are willing to try to argue. It bothers you so much that I was just making a point that you don't like. Cause you love talking about how bad Houston is. You seem like a real arrogant guy when it comes to disagreement. But it's hard to tell on a forum. Oh well peace.

You've already chimed in rudely on one of my other threads for no reason whatsoever. And the last time we had this disagreement was in another thread where most agreed with me.
__________________
JB4 | Vanguard/Quad burnt tips | Linea Corse | Mtech Front/rear | AFE DCI | H&R Sport + Koni yellow | Umnitza Full LED Angels | Akyrm lip/quad diffuser | Alpine CSL CF Trunklid
See Garage for more
gizmo335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 11:27 PM   #88
artifice
Major
 
artifice's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Colony, TX

Posts: 1,189
iTrader: (0)

As long as you guys don't start having dick measuring contests keep debating. All i know, I'm sweaty and my bs ac is not cooling like it should.
__________________
e92 M3 6MT, 18's, everything - Sold!
e92 M3 *Newer*
e92 335i 6MT - Wifey's with (stuff...)
And.... Our daily beater, twinky truck .
artifice is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST