E90Post
 


E92 Lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > F U Texas heat!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #133
nafoo
Major
 
nafoo's Avatar
 
Drives: Boosted Bimmer
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth

Posts: 1,148
iTrader: (15)

Right now, 11:10 a.m., 8/3/2012:

Houston:

89 degrees, 63% humidity, feels like 99 degrees.

Dallas:

92 degrees, 40% humidity, feels like 94 degrees.

Conclusion:

Houston feels hotter. Feel is what most of us base our opinions about "hot" on.
nafoo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #134
Litos
Banned
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (1)

nafoo - you make waaaaaaay too much sense.

stop it - or someone will say you're wrong......
Litos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #135
Litos
Banned
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmt View Post
Any reason why your picture of Dallas weather is almost 3 months behind the one from Houston? Seems a bit disingenuous for someone with so much riding on his city being OMGTHEHOTTEST

Also, it's 104 here with a 103 heat index here vs 94 with a 102 there. I really couldn't care one way or the other but I'm pretty sure that make us the best and most awesome hottest glorious city for now and all future times ever end of argument QED.
not sure, he was the one that posted the links.

are you saying he can't even post proper links !?!?
Litos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2012, 11:56 AM   #136
Litos
Banned
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (1)

**yawn**

Dallas is so lucky to be getting this spring weather.
Attached Images
 
Litos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #137
gizmo335i
Colonel
 
gizmo335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 JB E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Antonio

Posts: 2,907
iTrader: (50)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [4.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafoo View Post
Right now, 11:10 a.m., 8/3/2012:

Houston:

89 degrees, 63% humidity, feels like 99 degrees.

Dallas:

92 degrees, 40% humidity, feels like 94 degrees.

Conclusion:

Houston feels hotter. Feel is what most of us base our opinions about "hot" on.
Good post. True enough. For the millionth time though. I never said I wasn't in the minority in the opinion on "feel" category.

At least everyone can post something mature instead of stupid/childish/ignorant dickhead shit from one idiot poster.

But anyway....what about the hottest part of the day? That's where I have an argument...it is supposed to be almost 110 today in Dallas. And not dry like out west. Not as humid as Houston (which again..I NEVER said Dallas was more humid...just not DRY like one stupid idiot keeps saying). So just unbelievably insane hot. Just because the competition throughout the days swings back and forth doesn't mean much. At the hottest part of the day and the summer overall is what I THINK is worse. I don't know why this is so hard to comprehend, lol...

I just find it facsinating that most people are so obsessed with humidity and "Feel." I used to think the same way till I spent many summers in the much higher temps. It just changed my mind.

But this really did turn into a stupid thread. Yet I can't stop coming back to it. At least in these threads you find out who the idiots really are (I actually already knew it from his other posts on here). Some people just can't have a friendly debate without letting out their stupid remarks.

How bout let's just all stop acting like pussy's and take the heat and shut up about it...that'd be a good idea. Since arguing about where it hotter is so touchy for some...

I swear this time, I will not come back to this thread again, lol....damnit!

Look forward to coming out there to the hottest place on Earth to a car show in the future though...we'll argue in person about this....much better than forum arguing....
__________________
JB4 | Vanguard/Quad burnt tips | Linea Corse | Mtech Front/rear | AFE DCI | H&R Sport + Koni yellow | Umnitza Full LED Angels | Akyrm lip/quad diffuser | Alpine CSL CF Trunklid
See Garage for more

Last edited by gizmo335i; 08-03-2012 at 12:52 PM.
gizmo335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2012, 01:45 PM   #138
nafoo
Major
 
nafoo's Avatar
 
Drives: Boosted Bimmer
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth

Posts: 1,148
iTrader: (15)

The A/C in my office has been working at about 50% power for the last month or two because my boss is cheap and won't get it fixed.

Little does she realize that the electric bill is now double the price because the A/C is working twice as hard.

Anyways, it's freaking hot all day and I hate it here.
nafoo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #139
DoD74
Private First Class
 
DoD74's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dallas

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Everyone raves about the cost of living change from CA to TX, but so far the utilities have cancelled that out. Went from about $60 a month to $200 per month just for the stupid air conditioning
__________________
BMW History:
2000 328iS|2002 E39 530i|2005 E60 530i|2007 328i Coupe|2009 335i Coupe|2012 335i Coupe
DoD74 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #140
RambleJ
Colonel
 
RambleJ's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 535i M-sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Back in teh so cal

Posts: 2,013
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD74 View Post
Everyone raves about the cost of living change from CA to TX, but so far the utilities have cancelled that out. Went from about $60 a month to $200 per month just for the stupid air conditioning
My rent dropped by 40% by moving to from Orange, ca to Las Colinas, tx. The extra 80 bucks for my utilities is nothing at all compared to the cost of living drop and no state tax taken out on my paychecks!
RambleJ is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #141
DoD74
Private First Class
 
DoD74's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dallas

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
My rent dropped by 40% by moving to from Orange, ca to Las Colinas, tx. The extra 80 bucks for my utilities is nothing at all compared to the cost of living drop and no state tax taken out on my paychecks!
Yeah I'm sure that is generally the case, I just happened to move from a really inexpensive suburb in SoCal and my wife bought a condo in downtown Dallas so I didn't see the drop in rent/mortgage. I do agree though, the no state tax part is nice! (although in the summer I'm thinking it might be worth it to be 80' and mild again lol)
__________________
BMW History:
2000 328iS|2002 E39 530i|2005 E60 530i|2007 328i Coupe|2009 335i Coupe|2012 335i Coupe
DoD74 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2012, 11:04 AM   #142
Litos
Banned
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD74 View Post
Everyone raves about the cost of living change from CA to TX, but so far the utilities have cancelled that out. Went from about $60 a month to $200 per month just for the stupid air conditioning
cost of living may not chnage "that much", but for $700 a month you can rent a really big apartment here in Texas.

hell, for $700 a month, you can buy a damn house here in Texas (that's a 2000-2300sqft $145K house in Texas with 2 car garage).

what will $700 get you a month in SoCal ?? an 18x20 room in some building ??

i remember when rent was $825 for a really nice and decent sized apartment in Oceanside in 2001.

for $825 here in Texas you'll be living in a freaking condo/town house with 3 bedrooms HAHAHA !!!!
Litos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #143
Litos
Banned
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (1)

HAHAHA !!!!

these are the apartments i lived in from 2001-2002: http://www.islandclubapartmenthomes....en_US&pid=1951

they were awesome 11 years ago - not sure how they are now, but i really enjoyed living there.

back then it was $825 for the one bedroom Bali Floor Plan.

holy shit cakes, looks like it's $1010 MINIMUM for that 556sqft piece of shit HAHAH !!!!
Litos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #144
artifice
Major
 
artifice's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Colony, TX

Posts: 1,189
iTrader: (0)

Just makes me realize I have a long way to go inorder to retire in Cali/San Diego
__________________
e92 M3 6MT, 18's, everything - Sold!
e92 M3 *Newer*
e92 335i 6MT - Wifey's with (stuff...)
And.... Our daily beater, twinky truck .
artifice is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #145
DoD74
Private First Class
 
DoD74's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dallas

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
Just makes me realize I have a long way to go inorder to retire in Cali/San Diego
You can always go to Temecula or Rancho Mirage or some place like that. They are pretty inexpensive overall. And you still get good weather :-)
__________________
BMW History:
2000 328iS|2002 E39 530i|2005 E60 530i|2007 328i Coupe|2009 335i Coupe|2012 335i Coupe
DoD74 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #146
DoD74
Private First Class
 
DoD74's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dallas

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo335i View Post
Good post. True enough. For the millionth time though. I never said I wasn't in the minority in the opinion on "feel" category.

At least everyone can post something mature instead of stupid/childish/ignorant dickhead shit from one idiot poster.

But anyway....what about the hottest part of the day? That's where I have an argument...it is supposed to be almost 110 today in Dallas. And not dry like out west. Not as humid as Houston (which again..I NEVER said Dallas was more humid...just not DRY like one stupid idiot keeps saying). So just unbelievably insane hot. Just because the competition throughout the days swings back and forth doesn't mean much. At the hottest part of the day and the summer overall is what I THINK is worse. I don't know why this is so hard to comprehend, lol...


I just find it fascinating that most people are so obsessed with humidity and "Feel." I used to think the same way till I spent many summers in the much higher temps. It just changed my mind.

But this really did turn into a stupid thread. Yet I can't stop coming back to it. At least in these threads you find out who the idiots really are (I actually already knew it from his other posts on here). Some people just can't have a friendly debate without letting out their stupid remarks.

How bout let's just all stop acting like pussy's and take the heat and shut up about it...that'd be a good idea. Since arguing about where it hotter is so touchy for some...

I swear this time, I will not come back to this thread again, lol....damnit!

Look forward to coming out there to the hottest place on Earth to a car show in the future though...we'll argue in person about this....much better than forum arguing....

You know man, the worst thing here ( to me) is that it doesn't cool off. I have lived in places like Palm Springs where the temp got hotter ( although yes it was a dry heat and not humid) but at least it drops at night. Here it is still 95' at 2:00 in the morning. I deal with 100' afternoons if the night was at least pleasant
__________________
BMW History:
2000 328iS|2002 E39 530i|2005 E60 530i|2007 328i Coupe|2009 335i Coupe|2012 335i Coupe
DoD74 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #147
RambleJ
Colonel
 
RambleJ's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 535i M-sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Back in teh so cal

Posts: 2,013
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD74 View Post
You can always go to Temecula or Rancho Mirage or some place like that. They are pretty inexpensive overall. And you still get good weather :-)
Rancho Mirage...? You might as well stay in Texas.
RambleJ is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #148
Litos
Banned
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (1)

Temecula !?!?

been there - raced around on some dirtbike/4wheeler track back in 2000.

almost killed myself jumping a Raptor lol.
Litos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2012, 03:06 PM   #149
artifice
Major
 
artifice's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Colony, TX

Posts: 1,189
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
Temecula !?!?

been there - raced around on some dirtbike/4wheeler track back in 2000.

almost killed myself jumping a Raptor lol.
This I like... As I have almost killed myself on many forms of power motorsports. Used to have a yfz-450 and then a 700(with reverse, made me happy).

Few dirt bikes and such....

HOWEVER, when I retire, i will probably break a hip trying to get them started.
__________________
e92 M3 6MT, 18's, everything - Sold!
e92 M3 *Newer*
e92 335i 6MT - Wifey's with (stuff...)
And.... Our daily beater, twinky truck .
artifice is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #150
Litos
Banned
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
This I like... As I have almost killed myself on many forms of power motorsports. Used to have a yfz-450 and then a 700(with reverse, made me happy).

Few dirt bikes and such....

HOWEVER, when I retire, i will probably break a hip trying to get them started.
dude, this Raptor was stupid fast - had to launch in second gear.

forget the name of the track, but it was a LONG time ago. i was like 20 years old and thought i was invincible (didn't help i was also a Marine).

i remember my lips getting blistered since we were pretty much out in the dessert lol.

i wish i still lived in Socal
Litos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #151
artifice
Major
 
artifice's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Colony, TX

Posts: 1,189
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
dude, this Raptor was stupid fast - had to launch in second gear.

forget the name of the track, but it was a LONG time ago. i was like 20 years old and thought i was invincible (didn't help i was also a Marine).

i remember my lips getting blistered since we were pretty much out in the dessert lol.

i wish i still lived in Socal
Yea my 450 was modded to hell, one day i thought it would be a brilliant idea to have a twist throttle.... Not so bright when doing hill climbs, almost launched myself off the side of a steep cliff. Miss doing stupid stuff, but in my 30's now, responsibilities have gotten the best of me.
__________________
e92 M3 6MT, 18's, everything - Sold!
e92 M3 *Newer*
e92 335i 6MT - Wifey's with (stuff...)
And.... Our daily beater, twinky truck .
artifice is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2012, 11:52 AM   #152
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
 
My335iTT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Space Grey 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Utah

Posts: 432
iTrader: (2)

That humidity would kill me!!! Its going to be 101 here today while I test drive ahh.
My335iTT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #153
Litos
Banned
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by My335iTT View Post
That humidity would kill me!!! Its going to be 101 here today while I test drive ahh.
loved spending time in SLC, but i couldn't live in a town that's run by the LDS.
Litos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #154
apc3libras
Lieutenant Colonel
 
apc3libras's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: UTAH

Posts: 1,688
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
1999 BMW M3  [2.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
loved spending time in SLC, but i couldn't live in a town that's run by the LDS.
I know what you mean about the church, seems like it's getting a bit better though. My wife and I have been thinking about trying somewhere new at some point, TX is on the list.
__________________
2007 BMW 328I Monaco Blue /// 1999 BMW M3 Titanium Silver /// 2007 BMW 328I Sparkling Graphite (sold)
apc3libras is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST