E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Quick easy way to disable the seatbelt handover?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-28-2012, 08:33 AM   #1
Envuks
Captain
Envuks's Avatar
8
Rep
718
Posts

 
Drives: '08 e92 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MA

iTrader: (2)

Quick easy way to disable the seatbelt handover?

Hi guys,

So I searched on this one but came up empty.

I'm wondering if there is a quick / easy way (like a fuse removal) to disable the seatbelt handover. My drivers side doesn't flip open to catch the seatbelt even though it extends every time and it's annoying.

I'd rather not have them then have them do what they're doing right now.


Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
Florida Boy
Captain
United_States
6
Rep
634
Posts

 
Drives: TiAg 325i, oem 359m
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Orlando

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envuks
Hi guys,

So I searched on this one but came up empty.

I'm wondering if there is a quick / easy way (like a fuse removal) to disable the seatbelt handover. My drivers side doesn't flip open to catch the seatbelt even though it extends every time and it's annoying.

I'd rather not have them then have them do what they're doing right now.


Thanks in advance.
May not be quick but they sell "aftermarket" seatbelt clips. Not sure if thats what they are called but basically without putting your seatbelt on you just push it in where the belt would lock in.

Edit: found a pic



And after i read your post again this may not be at all what you are looking for
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 08:46 AM   #3
Envuks
Captain
Envuks's Avatar
8
Rep
718
Posts

 
Drives: '08 e92 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Boy View Post

And after i read your post again this may not be at all what you are looking for
yeah, this isn't what I'm looking for. I still want to use my seatbelt, I just don't want the car to "try" to hand it to me.


Thanks anyway!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 08:48 AM   #4
Florida Boy
Captain
United_States
6
Rep
634
Posts

 
Drives: TiAg 325i, oem 359m
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Orlando

iTrader: (7)

Lol, got you
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #5
Monster900
Zeed
Monster900's Avatar
Canada
4
Rep
406
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit, MI

iTrader: (0)

Take out the fuse, I belive is no. 25. There are postes about it on this forume. Just search.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 09:29 AM   #6
CamelBiscuit
Banned
United_States
6
Rep
630
Posts

 
Drives: 11 E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: 702

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E92 335i  [5.00]
Sometimes multiple systems run through one fuse. Look at the schematics first before you start pulling fuses.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 09:31 AM   #7
onebadmofo
Banned
Russian Federation
54
Rep
2,394
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central NJ

iTrader: (14)

You can remove the door panel and unplug the power cable from motor.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #8
Envuks
Captain
Envuks's Avatar
8
Rep
718
Posts

 
Drives: '08 e92 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey@AutoCouture View Post
You can remove the door panel and unplug the power cable from motor.
Is it actually the door panel or is it the panel in the rear seating area where the arm extends from?

Thanks, this is a good idea
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #9
onebadmofo
Banned
Russian Federation
54
Rep
2,394
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central NJ

iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envuks View Post
Is it actually the door panel or is it the panel in the rear seating area where the arm extends from?

Thanks, this is a good idea
The rear door panel from where the arm extends from.
From top of my head you'll need to remove rear side bolster and the panel is being held by two torx screws.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 09:58 AM   #10
Envuks
Captain
Envuks's Avatar
8
Rep
718
Posts

 
Drives: '08 e92 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey@AutoCouture View Post
The rear door panel from where the arm extends from.
From top of my head you'll need to remove rear side bolster and the panel is being held by two torx screws.
Thanks again. I'll take a run at this over the weekend and post how it works out.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST