E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > JB4 stage 2 N55 Map 5



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #45
Everfly
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Everfly's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 135i M sport.
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Indianapolis

Posts: 1,971
iTrader: (27)

Never mind, found E85 station about 30 minutes away, gonna get it after lunch haha
Edit again NO E85 for me

Last edited by Everfly; 07-06-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Everfly is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #46
benzy89
Banned
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everfly View Post
I need more information please

Your welcome
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=712323

Scroll through, on the bottom of Pg 1 + somewhere on Pg 2 people shared links for different Ethanol Vendors. If you decide to order, please let me know. I live in NJ right now, but will be moving at the end of the month + am worried if I'll have access to 93 (E85/E100 obviously would be a quality replacement fuel).
benzy89 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #47
Everfly
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Everfly's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 135i M sport.
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Indianapolis

Posts: 1,971
iTrader: (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
Your welcome
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=712323

Scroll through, on the bottom of Pg 1 + somewhere on Pg 2 people shared links for different Ethanol Vendors. If you decide to order, please let me know. I live in NJ right now, but will be moving at the end of the month + am worried if I'll have access to 93 (E85/E100 obviously would be a quality replacement fuel).
Just found one station about 30 minutes away also just order the flex fuel wire and look like not in stock. I am gonna play with 20% mix and see how it turn out gonna run the evo X FBO this Sunday
Everfly is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #48
benzy89
Banned
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everfly View Post
gonna run the evo X FBO this Sunday
Better rep BMW and give that Rice Rocket a new a-hole

Make sure to give your car a chance to adapt to the E85 before you meet up with the Evo + bring a camera. Otherwise GL
benzy89 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #49
Everfly
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Everfly's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 135i M sport.
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Indianapolis

Posts: 1,971
iTrader: (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
Better rep BMW and give that Rice Rocket a new a-hole

Make sure to give your car a chance to adapt to the E85 before you meet up with the Evo + bring a camera. Otherwise GL
Sure will. The Evo guy came to my store ask me to run him, so I am sure I will do my best to show him what our car can do. I look at his car and still stock turbo. He saying his car should run high 11' which I doubt it though. I don't have go-pro and still haven't figure out how to mount the camera yet
Everfly is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #50
TreDirtyFive
Captain
 
Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 918
iTrader: (8)

There are several EVO IV MRs around here running full 100% E85 Tune setups with mild modifications doing way over 400whp...and they look stock. I always see the same guy at my fuel station and he claims to have had the e85 tune for over a year with absolutely no issues. Who knows...give him a run.
__________________
335 F30 MSport: N55.Tech.NAV.+
135 DCT:N55.Prem.Sports.NAV.IPod
X-335 E92: Prem.Sports.NAV.IPod
Audi A3: Sports.Tech.NAV.sways.DP.K2 Coils.Flash.etc
X-67 Baracuda Fastback: DragGears.Sway.etc.
TreDirtyFive is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #51
eddi3B.
Private First Class
 
Drives: e92|alpine white on coral red|
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NYC..

Posts: 115
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy6969 View Post
under upgrades its there
cant find the wires. can somebody post the link. thanks
eddi3B. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #52
Everfly
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Everfly's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 135i M sport.
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Indianapolis

Posts: 1,971
iTrader: (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddi3B. View Post
cant find the wires. can somebody post the link. thanks
http://www.burgertuning.com/JB3_upgrades.html
Just bought one and found out no E85 gas station around.
Everfly is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #53
benzy89
Banned
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreDirtyFive View Post
There are several EVO IV MRs around here running full 100% E85 Tune setups with mild modifications doing way over 400whp...and they look stock. I always see the same guy at my fuel station and he claims to have had the e85 tune for over a year with absolutely no issues. Who knows...give him a run.
EVOs/JDM cars are a little less expensive to fix & I don't have a problem running E85, but I wouldn't want that shit sitting in the fuel system in case it eats through the piping. We already have enough problems with the HPFP while running legit gas, not trying to make more headaches for myself in the pursuit of HP
benzy89 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #54
TreDirtyFive
Captain
 
Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 918
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
EVOs/JDM cars are a little less expensive to fix & I don't have a problem running E85, but I wouldn't want that shit sitting in the fuel system in case it eats through the piping. We already have enough problems with the HPFP while running legit gas, not trying to make more headaches for myself in the pursuit of HP
My response was to "Everfly" who wants to run his car against one...a warning to how quick some of those things can be...
__________________
335 F30 MSport: N55.Tech.NAV.+
135 DCT:N55.Prem.Sports.NAV.IPod
X-335 E92: Prem.Sports.NAV.IPod
Audi A3: Sports.Tech.NAV.sways.DP.K2 Coils.Flash.etc
X-67 Baracuda Fastback: DragGears.Sway.etc.
TreDirtyFive is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #55
wanlong
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 e92 lci
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: GTA

Posts: 356
iTrader: (7)

My car only has jb4 and charge pipe but no downpipe. I tried new map5 today with 94 pump gas in Canada, the boost during WOT pull stays 15psi according to my fuel gauge. Way better than map1 i was running.

My question is can I run this map5 without a dp and mix e85? And I am going to install my bms dp in a few days, after I install the dp, without mix e85, how much boost I can reach?
wanlong is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #56
eyim1988
Lieutenant Colonel
 
eyim1988's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 1,529
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanlong View Post
My car only has jb4 and charge pipe but no downpipe. I tried new map5 today with 94 pump gas in Canada, the boost during WOT pull stays 15psi according to my fuel gauge. Way better than map1 i was running.

My question is can I run this map5 without a dp and mix e85? And I am going to install my bms dp in a few days, after I install the dp, without mix e85, how much boost I can reach?
you should get a dp or you will be putting a lot of stress on your turbo with higher boost levels..
__________________
Current: 2013 335i 6mt msport
BMS Clutch Stop, JB4, Slightly Modified OEM Muffler, ER Downpipe

Past: 2011 335i coupe
369 whp/444 torque. (Procede, Custom Turboback Exhaust, BMS Intake, ER FMIC)
eyim1988 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2012, 10:22 PM   #57
wanlong
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 e92 lci
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: GTA

Posts: 356
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyim1988 View Post
you should get a dp or you will be putting a lot of stress on your turbo with higher boost levels..
yes I am going to put on dp this weekend, but I still have 2 cats on midpipe since I have an xi In this case is map5 still good for me? or I should just stick with map2?
wanlong is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #58
Sam335ix
Major
 
Sam335ix's Avatar
 
Drives: 335 ix performance edition
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Redskin Country

Posts: 1,276
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanlong View Post
yes I am going to put on dp this weekend, but I still have 2 cats on midpipe since I have an xi In this case is map5 still good for me? or I should just stick with map2?
map5 is fine iwth your set up once you put DP's on.
__________________
2011 e90 KW V1, JB4, BMS Dp, BMS Intake, CP, Alpina Flash, ISO, E85

Coming soon to the garage: 2014 M3 Maybe M5
Sam335ix is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #59
eyim1988
Lieutenant Colonel
 
eyim1988's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 1,529
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam335ix View Post
map5 is fine iwth your set up once you put DP's on.
+1.. Sucks how n54 people dyno 400+ with e85/ no meth, and all the n55 could do was 370 with a butt load of torque. Maybe 380 if i had a fmic.. Still i see n54's e85 + dci only dynoing like 415 whp. I'm seriously done modding this car. I love my car but having friends who own cars like the isf, e92 m3, 335is, gtr,......
__________________
Current: 2013 335i 6mt msport
BMS Clutch Stop, JB4, Slightly Modified OEM Muffler, ER Downpipe

Past: 2011 335i coupe
369 whp/444 torque. (Procede, Custom Turboback Exhaust, BMS Intake, ER FMIC)
eyim1988 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #60
KennyPowers
Brigadier General
 
Drives: .....
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gulf Coast

Posts: 4,284
iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyim1988 View Post
+1.. Sucks how n54 people dyno 400+ with e85/ no meth, and all the n55 could do was 370 with a butt load of torque. Maybe 380 if i had a fmic.. Still i see n54's e85 + dci only dynoing like 415 whp. I'm seriously done modding this car. I love my car but having friends who own cars like the isf, e92 m3, 335is, gtr,......
Your car with those mods is faster than an m3 or isf.

And is 30whp less with over 400wtq really that slow?

The tunes for this car will continue to be refined and make more power over time.

There is always something faster....
__________________
PCD 10/10 on 2015 M3 : MW / SB Full Leather / HK audio / Adaptive Suspension / Silver 19s / 6MT / CF Roof
KennyPowers is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2012, 01:34 PM   #61
eyim1988
Lieutenant Colonel
 
eyim1988's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 1,529
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
Your car with those mods is faster than an m3 or isf.

And is 30whp less with over 400wtq really that slow?

The tunes for this car will continue to be refined and make more power over time.

There is always something faster....
That is the absolute limit of our turbos..
It doesnt flow as much as much the stock twins in the n54.. Even with a fmic and meth I can gaurantee you i will only be around ~390.. We will always be 50 whp or so less than the n54 with similar mods.

I know i can beat a stock m3 and is-f in a straight line but the driving feel will never be even close to an m3..
__________________
Current: 2013 335i 6mt msport
BMS Clutch Stop, JB4, Slightly Modified OEM Muffler, ER Downpipe

Past: 2011 335i coupe
369 whp/444 torque. (Procede, Custom Turboback Exhaust, BMS Intake, ER FMIC)
eyim1988 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #62
eddi3B.
Private First Class
 
Drives: e92|alpine white on coral red|
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NYC..

Posts: 115
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyim1988 View Post
+1.. Sucks how n54 people dyno 400+ with e85/ no meth, and all the n55 could do was 370 with a butt load of torque. Maybe 380 if i had a fmic.. Still i see n54's e85 + dci only dynoing like 415 whp. I'm seriously done modding this car. I love my car but having friends who own cars like the isf, e92 m3, 335is, gtr,......
eyim. your dyno results were really impressive. howd u manage to put all that power down. i dynoed a few weeks ago on a dyno dynamics sae corrected at 327WHP nd 358wtq. at the time i had my jb4 map 2 w/ ar catless running on 93oct. just threw on the ER cp, CDV and uploaded 7/1 running 30/70 mix e85/93oct and i still dont think i can put down those numbers. was it kalud that helped u with the custom tuning or just the dyno u ran on? nd btw is-f, m3 stock have no chance. i rip them all day
eddi3B. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #63
eyim1988
Lieutenant Colonel
 
eyim1988's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 1,529
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddi3B. View Post
eyim. your dyno results were really impressive. howd u manage to put all that power down. i dynoed a few weeks ago on a dyno dynamics sae corrected at 327WHP nd 358wtq. at the time i had my jb4 map 2 w/ ar catless running on 93oct. just threw on the ER cp, CDV and uploaded 7/1 running 30/70 mix e85/93oct and i still dont think i can put down those numbers. was it kalud that helped u with the custom tuning or just the dyno u ran on? nd btw is-f, m3 stock have no chance. i rip them all day
I rip them all day too . except i would still rather drive a m3 haha.. Is you car a mt or at? Yes Kalud has helped me a lot.. Your e85 with the 7/1 firmware will def get you to where i am or even more.. I have an at too so that is robbing some power too.. You dynod on a dyno dyamics and they typically read lower than dynojets.,. I'm guessing you are anywhere from 345-360 whp on a dyno jet. With the new firmware and e85 you will be anywhere from 365-380 whp and a lot of torque. past 16 psi you wont seemuch hp increase only torque lol.. Our tiny snails...
__________________
Current: 2013 335i 6mt msport
BMS Clutch Stop, JB4, Slightly Modified OEM Muffler, ER Downpipe

Past: 2011 335i coupe
369 whp/444 torque. (Procede, Custom Turboback Exhaust, BMS Intake, ER FMIC)
eyim1988 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2012, 03:00 PM   #64
Everfly
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Everfly's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 135i M sport.
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Indianapolis

Posts: 1,971
iTrader: (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post

The tunes for this car will continue to be refined and make more power over time.
We probably never gonna make over 400 rwhp on stock turbo. Beside with DCT Burger tuning already seen slipping with 5xx torque and of course our motor is not forged so I think we are done unless you will crack the motor open and replace with N54 components or aftermarket. Eventhough N55 is not dyno queen but with 390 rwhp and over 500 torque is fun to drive.
Everfly is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #65
335 oClock
MOE
 
335 oClock's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 e92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 2,530
iTrader: (13)

Send a message via AIM to 335 oClock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
7/1 map 5 is a BETA autotuning map, suitable for all fuels ranging from 91 octane to race gas mixes including E85 mixes of up to 20%. For E85 mixes over 20% you need the flex fuel wires that will be available soon on their site.

Mike
is it safe to run e85 mix in the long run? even with the flex fuel wires... runnin a 20/80 with e85 comes out to roughly 93.8 octane if I have not made a mistake in calculations
335 oClock is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #66
xnfsx
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 554
iTrader: (3)

I only have an intake and jb4 stage 2. Can I run map 5? or my only choice is map 1 unless I decide to get a dp, cp, fmic, so i can run map 2. and meth for map 3. Is meth safe for long run?
xnfsx is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST