E90Post

Alpine HID

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > E93 coded Key FOB to open/close windows/mirrors and convertible top

10-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #45
alexwhittemore
Major

Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i

Yeah, I kind of figured as much. But like I mentioned - they show up in the master backup. Clearly I'm not totally clear on exactly how the software works.
      07-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #46
buster84
Captain

Drives: 2009 335i E93 & 2007 X5 4.8

Has there been any progress on this? I have a 2009 bmw 335i and got hit in the rear bumper back in january, and needed a new bumper and that was the only time its been in the dealers. I'm guessing that they do a forced update everytime it goes in the dealer?

So far i have been able to get the mirrors to fold in, windows to roll down and top to go down. When holding the lock key i can get the windows to roll up, but not the top.

I'm just wondering if anyone found anything new on this? I'm sure the code is in there somewhere. Has anyone looked into this since last year?
buster84 is offline   United_States
      07-14-2013, 09:22 PM   #47
buster84
Captain

Drives: 2009 335i E93 & 2007 X5 4.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
I have sucessfully coded to my car with NCSexpert to enable the key FOB to open/close the windows/mirrors/convertible top!! There has been alot of people looking to code this feature in without Comfort Access! With Comfort Access this function was already set to work, but not such an easy task without CA! I have finally after many attempts got it to work and coded my car to operate that is not equipped with COMFORT ACCESS!!!!! Here are the modules and script lines that I had to change. I have the original software for my car as it has never been updated! I am not sure if this will work with newer cars with software upgrades, but please try and get back to me to see if this works for you! There are not too many people that have coded this feature to work to open and close the convertible hardtop, I hope this will help others.

CAS MODULE (set both of these lines to aktiv)

KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB
FH_KOMFORTF_MIT_SUBST

CTM MODULE (all of these lines need to be set to aktiv, some may already be set to aktiv!) I am not sure its the same with CVM module..

KOMFORT_OEFFNEN_FBD
KOMFORT_LADE_POSITION
KOMFORT_SCHLIESS_FBD
SCHEIBEN_ANHEB_OEFF_FBD
SCHEIBEN_ANHEB_SCHL_FBD

NFRM MODULE

SPIEGEL_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP or ASP_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP

I know this is probably strange since your really the only one we have ever seen get this working. Are you the original owner of the car? If not, want to check for a mod box lol. I found the smart top instructions and its so simple and hides away. If you bought it used, maybe by some fluke you already got it lol. Just curious.

http://www.mods4cars.com/sms/db/smar...stall_3/en.php

I was also thinking that since we cant do it by software, and the CAS modules firmware is preventing it maybe we can take a look at the wires and connect the top closure wire to say the locks. That way when we hold the lock button it would also deliver the code to close the top.

Only issue i can see with this is the windows. If you have it setup for the windows to go up then the windows would be up when the top closes which could be bad. If we added a long delay, or removed that feature i could see it working.

Its such a shame because we have every other feature the smart top provides programed and working except for the top closing. I'd rather not spend $400 just to have a closing feature. I'm not that lazy. LOL.
buster84 is offline   United_States
      01-03-2014, 02:05 PM   #48
IMLH
IMLHE93

Drives: 09 335 White hard top convert

Amazing

wow - amazing - I want my E93 to do that as well. I guess it's time to figure out German, where to get the software, where to get a spare laptop, where to get the cables Ill need and ..... get someone to watch my three boys...
oh yeah - now I know why I don't get to do these cool mods

but I am jealous
IMLH is offline   United_States
      01-03-2014, 05:23 PM   #49
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 917-939-4980

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMLH View Post
wow - amazing - I want my E93 to do that as well. I guess it's time to figure out German, where to get the software, where to get a spare laptop, where to get the cables Ill need and ..... get someone to watch my three boys...
oh yeah - now I know why I don't get to do these cool mods

but I am jealous
dont be jealous! I lost it once I got my software updated and till this day I cant get it to close anymore...I can still open it though
cn555ic is offline   United_States
      06-12-2014, 07:17 AM   #50
dbmw335
Flies topless as much as possible

Drives: 335i e93 SP, CA, Cobb, Dinan

I have an 08 e93 with CA and have coded the mirrors to fold close by holding the key fob. I make quick trips with the top down and windows up (please don't flame me) and want the mirrors to fold upon locking without impacting the windows and top operation. Is this possible? Right now the locking of the car triggers the mirrors to close but the top also starts to close.

So the operation I want is:

Press the keyfob and the doors lock and mirrors fold. Hold the key fob longer and the top closes.

PS - Love this forum as I learned all I needed to code the car as I like!
      06-12-2014, 07:53 AM   #51
WRichieX
Captain

Drives: 07 335i e93 6MT

Garage List
Anyone figure out how to add comfort loading through coding?

07 BMW 335i E93 6MT (Praying neighborhood doesn't get flooded...again)
04 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (Flooded)
08 Audi TT 2.0T DSG (Flooded)
03 Subaru WRX 5MT (Flooded)
WRichieX is offline   United_States