E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Angel Eye Bulbs Install Question



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
e9012345
Lieutenant
5
Rep
402
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North York

iTrader: (0)

Angel Eye Bulbs Install Question

Hi,

I can't seem to figure out if I have to take the front wheels off to swap my angel eye bulbs or not. I want to get either BMS or GP Thunder white bulbs for my Xenons on my E90.. I don't have the tools to take off wheels. Was wondering if I could still do this?

Can anyone post a good DIY?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #2
E90Company
Major General
E90Company's Avatar
No_Country
72
Rep
6,137
Posts

 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (2)

You don't have to, but it makes it easier. Just turn the wheel all the way to the side you are working on and it should give you enough room. I took my whole fender liner off this way, so I am sure you will have enough room to swap the bulbs.

I would reccomend getting MTEC V3's, they are the brightest for our cars.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #3
rollinstone157
Brotographer
rollinstone157's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,701
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 328i xDrive Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ, USA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e9012345 View Post
Hi,

I can't seem to figure out if I have to take the front wheels off to swap my angel eye bulbs or not. I want to get either BMS or GP Thunder white bulbs for my Xenons on my E90.. I don't have the tools to take off wheels. Was wondering if I could still do this?

Can anyone post a good DIY?

Thanks
OK, before you even go about taking off the wheels (or ordering the AE bulbs--don't want to order the wrong product!), I just want to do a quick double-check--what year is your E90?

If you have an E90/91 LCI (2009, 2010, 2011) equipped with factory xenon headlights http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...1&d=1227977776 then you don't need to remove the wheels.

If you have an E90/91 LCI (09, 10, 11) equipped with factory halogen headlights http://i00.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/585/5...533585_000.jpg then I think you need to remove the bumper, but the wheels can stay on

If you have an E90/91 Pre-LCI (05, 06, 07, 08) equipped with factory xenon headlights http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._3502405_n.jpg you should be able to just turn the wheels to either side (so if you're doing the left AE bulb, turn the wheels all the way to the right) for access. It might be more difficult that way, but if you don't have a jack, that's the way it's gotta be!
__________________
Reviews -|- HPB "Ultimate" LED Interior Kit -|- Noyka Cornering Bulbs -|- HPB 20W AE [OLD] -|- LUX H8 V4 -|- New Reviews Pending Vendor Approval
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
e9012345
Lieutenant
5
Rep
402
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone157 View Post
OK, before you even go about taking off the wheels (or ordering the AE bulbs--don't want to order the wrong product!), I just want to do a quick double-check--what year is your E90?

If you have an E90/91 LCI (2009, 2010, 2011) equipped with factory xenon headlights http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...1&d=1227977776 then you don't need to remove the wheels.

If you have an E90/91 LCI (09, 10, 11) equipped with factory halogen headlights http://i00.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/585/5...533585_000.jpg then I think you need to remove the bumper, but the wheels can stay on

If you have an E90/91 Pre-LCI (05, 06, 07, 08) equipped with factory xenon headlights http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._3502405_n.jpg you should be able to just turn the wheels to either side (so if you're doing the left AE bulb, turn the wheels all the way to the right) for access. It might be more difficult that way, but if you don't have a jack, that's the way it's gotta be!
Thanks! I have a PRE-LCI e90.. maybe I'll try to borrow a jack just to let the wheel hang down and try turning it for more access.

Thanks everyone!

Not sure where to get the MTEC V3's.. as I live in Toronto, Canada and don't really want to spend over $100 for a set of bulbs!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #5
e9012345
Lieutenant
5
Rep
402
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
You don't have to, but it makes it easier. Just turn the wheel all the way to the side you are working on and it should give you enough room. I took my whole fender liner off this way, so I am sure you will have enough room to swap the bulbs.

I would reccomend getting MTEC V3's, they are the brightest for our cars.
I'm considering getting these for my car as a cheap solution. Not sure what I should put for the quantity though 1 or 2 :S
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #6
E90Company
Major General
E90Company's Avatar
No_Country
72
Rep
6,137
Posts

 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e9012345 View Post
I'm considering getting these for my car as a cheap solution. Not sure what I should put for the quantity though 1 or 2 :S
I ran them on my car before I got the OSS headlights, and they are brighter than the LUX 5.1 being side-by-side. Cheaper too.

You only order 1 set. It comes with two sides.

Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #7
e9012345
Lieutenant
5
Rep
402
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
I ran them on my car before I got the OSS headlights, and they are brighter than the LUX 5.1 being side-by-side. Cheaper too.

You only order 1 set. It comes with two sides.


Thanks! I just ordered them.. they look great. Your location/house looks pretty dope too!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #8
E90Company
Major General
E90Company's Avatar
No_Country
72
Rep
6,137
Posts

 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e9012345 View Post
Thanks! I just ordered them.. they look great. Your location/house looks pretty dope too!
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #9
LuxAngelEyes
Banned
United_States
71
Rep
3,086
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, CT

iTrader: (12)

We also have install guides posted on our website you can use as a reference
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #10
e9012345
Lieutenant
5
Rep
402
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
We also have install guides posted on our website you can use as a reference
Thanks.. from what I gather..

I just have to remove the wheel liner with the 9 screws unplug the bulb socket and replace the bulb and put everything back together.

Is there any access to the socket without removal of the wheel liner?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #11
LuxAngelEyes
Banned
United_States
71
Rep
3,086
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, CT

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e9012345 View Post
Thanks.. from what I gather..

I just have to remove the wheel liner with the 9 screws unplug the bulb socket and replace the bulb and put everything back together.

Is there any access to the socket without removal of the wheel liner?
I dont beleive it is possible to access it any other way. Somtimes there is a small access panel on the back of the wheel liner, but it doenst give you much room to work.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST