E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Can tool..



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #1
mashimarho
BMW Genius
 
mashimarho's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 LCI 335i xDrive™
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, michigan

Posts: 9,555
iTrader: (34)

Garage List
Can tool..

I'm going to take out my tune to take it for possible water pump failure. I'm NOT taking out my DP, so a CAN-tool can hide the code right? Even when I take it in for service under warranty? I'm unsure what a CAN-tool really does and if this would be the right thing to use under this situation.... What should I do?
Basically want to take JB4 out and not the DP, but want to service the car without any codes or errors...
__________________

Volk///ER///BMS///KW///VRSF///ARKYM///DD///CYBA///STOPTECH///BMW Performance ///
My Progress: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=770326
mashimarho is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 14,589
iTrader: (86)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashimarho View Post
I'm going to take out my tune to take it for possible water pump failure. I'm NOT taking out my DP, so a CAN-tool can hide the code right? Even when I take it in for service under warranty? I'm unsure what a CAN-tool really does and if this would be the right thing to use under this situation.... What should I do?
Basically want to take JB4 out and not the DP, but want to service the car without any codes or errors...
The CanTool can remove the code via auto-code clear but it will interfere with the diagnostic hook-up BMW will perform (i.e. it occupies the Can Network and plugs into the OBD port where BMW ill plug in)

Best bet if you don't want to remove the DPs is just clear the code right before dropping the car off. Usually takes some time for it to pop back up.

Mike
Mike@N54Tuning.com is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #3
mashimarho
BMW Genius
 
mashimarho's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 LCI 335i xDrive™
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, michigan

Posts: 9,555
iTrader: (34)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
The CanTool can remove the code via auto-code clear but it will interfere with the diagnostic hook-up BMW will perform (i.e. it occupies the Can Network and plugs into the OBD port where BMW ill plug in)

Best bet if you don't want to remove the DPs is just clear the code right before dropping the car off. Usually takes some time for it to pop back up.

Mike
Cool. I will try that.. Can you PM me a price for a CANtool?
__________________

Volk///ER///BMS///KW///VRSF///ARKYM///DD///CYBA///STOPTECH///BMW Performance ///
My Progress: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=770326
mashimarho is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
madmanhiker
Lieutenant Colonel
 
madmanhiker's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Fl

Posts: 1,561
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
^^ what Mike said... +1
__________________
-madmanhiker jax,fl
madmanhiker is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #5
Beemw335
Colonel
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: My car is my home

Posts: 2,016
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashimarho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
The CanTool can remove the code via auto-code clear but it will interfere with the diagnostic hook-up BMW will perform (i.e. it occupies the Can Network and plugs into the OBD port where BMW ill plug in)

Best bet if you don't want to remove the DPs is just clear the code right before dropping the car off. Usually takes some time for it to pop back up.

Mike
Cool. I will try that.. Can you PM me a price for a CANtool?
Just clear codes and remove jb4 right before going in to dealer. Cel will take some time to pop back up.
And theyll know you have a dp anyways, makes a big sound difference lol
Beemw335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 01:15 PM   #6
madmanhiker
Lieutenant Colonel
 
madmanhiker's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Fl

Posts: 1,561
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemw335 View Post
Cel will take some time to pop back up.
And theyll know you have a dp anyways, makes a big sound difference lol
^^^ yea, u can't hide it.
__________________
-madmanhiker jax,fl
madmanhiker is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST