E90Post
 


jb4store
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Who has the following coilovers?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
deezofchuck
Lieutenant
18

 
Drives: OVER SLOW LEFT LANE DRIVERS!
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NOVA


Posts: 512
iTrader: (3)

Who has the following coilovers?

Hey guys - since this is my first time modding a car I don't feel the need to go out of control so based on my research I have narrowed my coil over decision to KW V1 and H&R street performance (same price point and entry level).

Does anyone in the NOVA area have these on their XI so I can check it out and see how it rides? I know a few of you have V3s but that's outside my budget right now - but it may not hurt to check it out anyway....

thanks guys!
__________________
2008 E92 335xi | Cobb AP Stage2+ | AR DP | ETS FMIC | ALUFELGEN SF-71 DC Blk | HANKOOK V12 | UUC SSK | H&R Coilovers | AE Exhaust |
Are YOU Ready to Buy/Sell/Rent Property In The DMV? LET ME HELP YOU!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 11:07 PM   #2
Eugeinus
Major
28

 
Eugeinus's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' E90 335i XDrive
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: DC/NOVA


Posts: 1,089
iTrader: (8)

I have V1's, have had them on for about half a year now. Pretty happy with them
__________________
Matte Black Grille|Painted Reflectors|35% Tint|Lux V3|Cyba 3.8 Tips|KW V1|Alufelgen SF-71 Hyper Silver|OEM M-Sport Front/Rear|COBB AP|Coded
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 05:05 AM   #3
cotmfk
Brigadier General
56

 
cotmfk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DC, MD, VA


Posts: 3,467
iTrader: (11)

I have V2's. Great ride overall as far as coilovers go. Not as bumpy as coilover set ups I've had in the past. I'm closing in on 40k miles on them.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 06:36 AM   #4
deezofchuck
Lieutenant
18

 
Drives: OVER SLOW LEFT LANE DRIVERS!
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NOVA


Posts: 512
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugeinus View Post
I have V1's, have had them on for about half a year now. Pretty happy with them
I think we have a very similar set up lol - can I see how the V1's ride?
__________________
2008 E92 335xi | Cobb AP Stage2+ | AR DP | ETS FMIC | ALUFELGEN SF-71 DC Blk | HANKOOK V12 | UUC SSK | H&R Coilovers | AE Exhaust |
Are YOU Ready to Buy/Sell/Rent Property In The DMV? LET ME HELP YOU!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 06:38 AM   #5
deezofchuck
Lieutenant
18

 
Drives: OVER SLOW LEFT LANE DRIVERS!
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NOVA


Posts: 512
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotmfk View Post
I have V2's. Great ride overall as far as coilovers go. Not as bumpy as coilover set ups I've had in the past. I'm closing in on 40k miles on them.
my XI only takes V1 and V3 so I would prefer to see the ride quality in those - but thanks for chiming in - it seems like only the people who DON'T have KW's say they don't like them - not many KW owners say or admit they regret getting them - it's weird - they are so popular on this forum yet i get SO many mixed reviews.
__________________
2008 E92 335xi | Cobb AP Stage2+ | AR DP | ETS FMIC | ALUFELGEN SF-71 DC Blk | HANKOOK V12 | UUC SSK | H&R Coilovers | AE Exhaust |
Are YOU Ready to Buy/Sell/Rent Property In The DMV? LET ME HELP YOU!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 07:21 AM   #6
spacegreyE92
Private First Class
4

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: the garage


Posts: 124
iTrader: (0)

i have h&R on my xi, i did the same as you and researched before i got them. people bashed the ride quality so bad that i was waiting for it to be that way, but i'm happy with them. 4x4 front is gone, I think i will enjoy them more after i get off the stock rfts. the only reason i went with the h&r is because the lower alil more in the front then kw's, and i would be pissed if i went through all the trouble of installing them and the purchase to find my car still too high. I personally may have went with kw's if i had a non xi vehicle, but that was my reasoning for getting these for my car

oh and there is no instructions in the box so if you need help with install lmk

Last edited by spacegreyE92; 07-11-2012 at 07:26 AM. Reason: more
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 07:29 AM   #7
deezofchuck
Lieutenant
18

 
Drives: OVER SLOW LEFT LANE DRIVERS!
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NOVA


Posts: 512
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacegreyE92 View Post
i have h&R on my xi, i did the same as you and researched before i got them. people bashed the ride quality so bad that i was waiting for it to be that way, but i'm happy with them. 4x4 front is gone, I think i will enjoy them more after i get off the stock rfts. the only reason i went with the h&r is because the lower alil more in the front then kw's, and i would be pissed if i went through all the trouble of installing them and the purchase to find my car still too high. I personally may have went with kw's if i had a non xi vehicle, but that was my reasoning for getting these for my car

oh and there is no instructions in the box so if you need help with install lmk

where do you live abouts? I would love to ride in it and check it out! I live near Tyson's.
__________________
2008 E92 335xi | Cobb AP Stage2+ | AR DP | ETS FMIC | ALUFELGEN SF-71 DC Blk | HANKOOK V12 | UUC SSK | H&R Coilovers | AE Exhaust |
Are YOU Ready to Buy/Sell/Rent Property In The DMV? LET ME HELP YOU!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 07:30 AM   #8
Sam335ix
Major
39

 
Sam335ix's Avatar
 
Drives: 335 ix performance edition
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Redskin Country


Posts: 1,276
iTrader: (0)

V1s and I love them, best mod ever.
__________________
2011 e90 KW V1, JB4, BMS Dp, BMS Intake, CP, Alpina Flash, ISO, E85

Coming soon to the garage: 2014 M3 Maybe M5
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 07:33 AM   #9
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
29

 
Wonka's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 E92 335i xDrive M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: MD


Posts: 820
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
An important factor with test driving a set of V3's would be knowing the settings. There's quite a wide effect on ride quality based on how the 14-way adjustable compression damping is set.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #10
PSUSMU
Captain
23

 
Drives: Entry-level Luxury
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Falls Church, VA


Posts: 811
iTrader: (1)

Charles, I have KW V1s on my xDrive also.. just down Gallows in Merrifield

Though I'm not sure if my setup is an ideal test case. I have them completely bottomed out up front and they're still not "slammed" for some reason.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #11
Eugeinus
Major
28

 
Eugeinus's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' E90 335i XDrive
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: DC/NOVA


Posts: 1,089
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezofchuck View Post
I think we have a very similar set up lol - can I see how the V1's ride?
Sure - I'm close to you as well - Arlington right off the East Falls Church Metro stop.
__________________
Matte Black Grille|Painted Reflectors|35% Tint|Lux V3|Cyba 3.8 Tips|KW V1|Alufelgen SF-71 Hyper Silver|OEM M-Sport Front/Rear|COBB AP|Coded
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #12
335_MI6
Colonel
63

 
335_MI6's Avatar
 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: May 2011
Location: DC/MIAMI/LONDON


Posts: 2,223
iTrader: (2)

I have v3 but we can setup a time to meet up...... "Stucky" please report to this thread, he will tell you the real truth about the v1s.
__________________

Spiike32: "I remember seeing your photoshoot pics with an M3 and was inspired to continue modding to make it look as clean as yours. "
Epacy2: "335=M3?"
THE TECH: "Only 335 guys think so."
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #13
deezofchuck
Lieutenant
18

 
Drives: OVER SLOW LEFT LANE DRIVERS!
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NOVA


Posts: 512
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam335ix View Post
V1s and I love them, best mod ever.
Do you have them on the lower level on the front?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonka View Post
An important factor with test driving a set of V3's would be knowing the settings. There's quite a wide effect on ride quality based on how the 14-way adjustable compression damping is set.
Will, good call - I guess it would be good to know what they COULD ride like - the only car with coilovers I have sat in was Doyle's TC Kline set up and it was nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSMU View Post
Charles, I have KW V1s on my xDrive also.. just down Gallows in Merrifield

Though I'm not sure if my setup is an ideal test case. I have them completely bottomed out up front and they're still not "slammed" for some reason.
Rob - we will be meeting up very soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugeinus View Post
Sure - I'm close to you as well - Arlington right off the East Falls Church Metro stop.
worddddddd thats super close - btw i think my friend bought a bumper off you haha - small community

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335_MI6 View Post
I have v3 but we can setup a time to meet up...... "Stucky" please report to this thread, he will tell you the real truth about the v1s.
sweet! yeah stucky tell me the TRUTH! haha
__________________
2008 E92 335xi | Cobb AP Stage2+ | AR DP | ETS FMIC | ALUFELGEN SF-71 DC Blk | HANKOOK V12 | UUC SSK | H&R Coilovers | AE Exhaust |
Are YOU Ready to Buy/Sell/Rent Property In The DMV? LET ME HELP YOU!

Last edited by deezofchuck; 07-11-2012 at 10:40 AM. Reason: oops
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #14
platnumdesi01
First Lieutenant
10

 
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lorton, Virginia


Posts: 357
iTrader: (2)

I am selling KW2's for 780 firm if interested. Only 16,000 miles and they are in good working order
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #15
Eugeinus
Major
28

 
Eugeinus's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' E90 335i XDrive
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: DC/NOVA


Posts: 1,089
iTrader: (8)

Chuck, Was it Alpinweiss? Shoot me a PM if you want to meet up.

Plat - I think XI's are only capable of v1's or v3's, if I'm not mistaken?
__________________
Matte Black Grille|Painted Reflectors|35% Tint|Lux V3|Cyba 3.8 Tips|KW V1|Alufelgen SF-71 Hyper Silver|OEM M-Sport Front/Rear|COBB AP|Coded
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #16
deezofchuck
Lieutenant
18

 
Drives: OVER SLOW LEFT LANE DRIVERS!
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NOVA


Posts: 512
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by platnumdesi01 View Post
I am selling KW2's for 780 firm if interested. Only 16,000 miles and they are in good working order
yep V1 and V3 only for us XI guys - otherwise you might have had cash in your pocket already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugeinus View Post
Chuck, Was it Alpinweiss? Shoot me a PM if you want to meet up.

Plat - I think XI's are only capable of v1's or v3's, if I'm not mistaken?
haha yep! PM coming your way
__________________
2008 E92 335xi | Cobb AP Stage2+ | AR DP | ETS FMIC | ALUFELGEN SF-71 DC Blk | HANKOOK V12 | UUC SSK | H&R Coilovers | AE Exhaust |
Are YOU Ready to Buy/Sell/Rent Property In The DMV? LET ME HELP YOU!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #17
Sam335ix
Major
39

 
Sam335ix's Avatar
 
Drives: 335 ix performance edition
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Redskin Country


Posts: 1,276
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezofchuck View Post
Do you have them on the lower level on the front?



Will, good call - I guess it would be good to know what they COULD ride like - the only car with coilovers I have sat in was Doyle's TC Kline set up and it was nice!



Rob - we will be meeting up very soon!



worddddddd thats super close - btw i think my friend bought a bumper off you haha - small community



sweet! yeah stucky tell me the TRUTH! haha

Yes, I have them low front and back, I am not slammed but they are pretty low.
__________________
2011 e90 KW V1, JB4, BMS Dp, BMS Intake, CP, Alpina Flash, ISO, E85

Coming soon to the garage: 2014 M3 Maybe M5
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST