E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Orange battery warning light, warm driver's side door handlehandle

07-12-2012, 05:02 AM   #1
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Looks like this car is giving me shit right now. As some of you might remember, I asked about a warm driver's door handle some time back, and if it should be cause for concern.
I saw the dealer, and a shrug, jack, and shit came of it.
Now, CA will not work on that side...AND just last night, got a cute lil orange battery light (admittedly while I was running my park lights and radio in accessory mode for 10 minutes, would this be normal?)
So back to the dealer we goooo!
I would have thought it'd take HOURS for that battery light to come on. I mean, it wasn't red (which I understand IS a cause for concern in the OM.)
My biggest concern (although I don't see it causing an issue) is my entire interior and trunk light set was converted to LED.
Does anyone think this could even REMOTELY cause issues such as described? I mean the damn LEDs draw LESS wattage and power than their OEM counterparts, no?
I doubt personally they'd cause just a driver side door to short / wig out...
Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 12:02 PM   #2
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2009 E90 N54

Well the LEDs do draw less wattage than oem, meaning that the circuit could be getting too much power for them. Many of the LED kits have built in resistors to account for this and to keep powering the same. If you ordered from modmy3, highperformancebulbs, ecstuning etc then your LEDs have the resistors.

Is the handle becoming warm on the inside (plastic one in door card) or outside where there is an LED courtesy light?