E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Just the tip ;)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #89
darkw1sh
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Space Grey/Red
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Los Angeles/Woodland Hills/Thousand Oaks/ ***Santa Cruz***

Posts: 506
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
LA=Louisiana..unfortunately ((New Orleans to be exact))
Wrong LA >.<

Just imagine a heaven for car cleaning supplies, and you seem to need everything.
darkw1sh is offline   Ukraine
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #90
Sara504
Lieutenant General
 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 17,671
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkw1sh View Post
Wrong LA >.<

Just imagine a heaven for car cleaning supplies, and you seem to need everything.
Wanna pick me up some things
__________________

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11
Sara504 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #91
darkw1sh
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Space Grey/Red
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Los Angeles/Woodland Hills/Thousand Oaks/ ***Santa Cruz***

Posts: 506
iTrader: (9)

what u need? I was planning on going there
darkw1sh is offline   Ukraine
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #92
///Mandy
N54 <3
 
///Mandy's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Here.

Posts: 1,559
iTrader: (1)

Thanks Sara and vapore0n!


That place sounds like it will make me broke so fast lol.

Has the water level died down Sara? Is everything okay?
__________________

E90 335xi|Nav pkg|Sport pkg|Dakota leather|Brushed aluminum trim|MTech kit
///Mandy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #93
Sara504
Lieutenant General
 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 17,671
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkw1sh View Post
what u need? I was planning on going there
Best product to remove pollen. I have some freckles of pollen on my rear bumper that wont come off. Someone mentioned a clay bar to me or perhaps something else maybe?
__________________

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11
Sara504 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #94
Sara504
Lieutenant General
 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 17,671
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mandy View Post
Thanks Sara and vapore0n!


That place sounds like it will make me broke so fast lol.

Has the water level died down Sara? Is everything okay?
Oh yes. Its just this city is shaped like a bowl. Imagine flushing a toliet. Thats what its everytime it rains The water gets so high but within 10 hrs its back down.
__________________

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11
Sara504 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2012, 11:45 AM   #95
darkw1sh
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Space Grey/Red
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Los Angeles/Woodland Hills/Thousand Oaks/ ***Santa Cruz***

Posts: 506
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Best product to remove pollen. I have some freckles of pollen on my rear bumper that wont come off. Someone mentioned a clay bar to me or perhaps something else maybe?
I will see what they say clay is mostly for oxidation on the car and needs to be sealed with wax after. If you have not clay bar'd your car i recommend it.
darkw1sh is offline   Ukraine
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #96
Sara504
Lieutenant General
 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 17,671
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkw1sh View Post
I will see what they say clay is mostly for oxidation on the car and needs to be sealed with wax after. If you have not clay bar'd your car i recommend it.
I havent done anything but scrub and scrub. They are very tiny. You cant see them unless you look really close and its soley on the rear bumper. No where else on the car. Looks like little yellow freckles. I tried using my finger nail to pick under it but I dont want to scratch my paint. Plus thats just gross lol.
__________________

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11
Sara504 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #97
darkw1sh
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Space Grey/Red
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Los Angeles/Woodland Hills/Thousand Oaks/ ***Santa Cruz***

Posts: 506
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
I havent done anything but scrub and scrub. They are very tiny. You cant see them unless you look really close and its soley on the rear bumper. No where else on the car. Looks like little yellow freckles. I tried using my finger nail to pick under it but I dont want to scratch my paint. Plus thats just gross lol.
Haha, yeah clay bar will take that right off, that is actually Jfrom bees as i read in the LA Times a long time ago. Actually found the article.

http://articles.latimes.com/2007/oct...os/hy-wheels31

at first someone told me it was jet fuel falling from planes, didnt believe it so i did the research, its pollen, and out here in Los Angeles it gets bad! especially if you live by palm trees.

over time the car gets covered in TINY little spots, black, yellow, etc thats from the dust getting on the pollen.
darkw1sh is offline   Ukraine
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #98
///Mandy
N54 <3
 
///Mandy's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Here.

Posts: 1,559
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Oh yes. Its just this city is shaped like a bowl. Imagine flushing a toliet. Thats what its everytime it rains The water gets so high but within 10 hrs its back down.

When are you GTFO'ing?
__________________

E90 335xi|Nav pkg|Sport pkg|Dakota leather|Brushed aluminum trim|MTech kit
///Mandy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2012, 12:12 PM   #99
Sara504
Lieutenant General
 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 17,671
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkw1sh View Post
Haha, yeah clay bar will take that right off, that is actually Jfrom bees as i read in the LA Times a long time ago. Actually found the article.

http://articles.latimes.com/2007/oct...os/hy-wheels31

at first someone told me it was jet fuel falling from planes, didnt believe it so i did the research, its pollen, and out here in Los Angeles it gets bad! especially if you live by palm trees.

over time the car gets covered in TINY little spots, black, yellow, etc thats from the dust getting on the pollen.
I have palm trees in my back yard and tons of flowers and plants in my front yard. So thats makes perfect sense. I dont have a garage I have a brick two car, carport that I park under but it still doesnt keep the weather elements completely off my car.
__________________

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11
Sara504 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2012, 12:13 PM   #100
Sara504
Lieutenant General
 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 17,671
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mandy View Post

When are you GTFO'ing?
As soon as I can.. Trust me
__________________

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11
Sara504 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2012, 12:22 PM   #101
darkw1sh
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Space Grey/Red
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Los Angeles/Woodland Hills/Thousand Oaks/ ***Santa Cruz***

Posts: 506
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
I have palm trees in my back yard and tons of flowers and plants in my front yard. So thats makes perfect sense. I dont have a garage I have a brick two car, carport that I park under but it still doesnt keep the weather elements completely off my car.
Most of the smaller spots are dragged by bees anyways so the only way to protect your car from that is to be in an enclosed garage
darkw1sh is offline   Ukraine
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 05:55 PM   #102
Vreimann
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 335D M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada

Posts: 177
iTrader: (0)

So I was reading this thread last night following the story about cleaning the tips, and I forgot what I use for cleaning so I went to the garage to check.

For a really quick removal of carbon on the metal have you tried Acetone (Nail Polish)?

I didn't need to use anything but a soaked cloth in acetone and then clean off the carbon. Took about 5-10mins most of which I spent looking for the acetone.
Just make sure you don't get any of the stuff on your clear coat cause this stuff is very strong.

If you wish to polish the metal because of surface imperfections the sanding is the way to go if its a very fine metal paste or paper product.

Just a suggestion as Acetone is quite cheap.
__________________
2011 335D
Vreimann is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 07:18 PM   #103
///Mandy
N54 <3
 
///Mandy's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Here.

Posts: 1,559
iTrader: (1)

^ ^
interesting.

Here's an update with mine. I used the Mother's product, grade 0000 steel wool and cotton gloves (saved my hands BIG time Sara )

BEFORE:


DURING:


AFTER:


**bling**:


End result after 45 minutes of polishing away:


I need to go back to do some finishing touch ups because it started to rain as I was finishing up.
__________________

E90 335xi|Nav pkg|Sport pkg|Dakota leather|Brushed aluminum trim|MTech kit
///Mandy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 07:30 PM   #104
#Tee
Chronic trollololer level 60
 
#Tee's Avatar
 
Drives: yes
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Socal

Posts: 4,778
iTrader: (1)

so cute...girls elbow greasing on their cars.
__________________

#TeamStretchNpoke IG:Tee212
custom cf rear side diffuser add ons for sale (e9x,M3s,f3x) pm me for details. thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=962442
#Tee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #105
Sara504
Lieutenant General
 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 17,671
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretchNpoke View Post
so cute...girls elbow greasing on their cars.
Guys better wife us up quick. We are a rare breed
__________________

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11
Sara504 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #106
gizmo335i
Colonel
 
gizmo335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 JB E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Antonio

Posts: 2,907
iTrader: (50)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [4.74]
Man y'all just need to get some new bling tips from cyba...start from scratch...problem solved
__________________
JB4 | Vanguard/Quad burnt tips | Linea Corse | Mtech Front/rear | AFE DCI | H&R Sport + Koni yellow | Umnitza Full LED Angels | Akyrm lip/quad diffuser | Alpine CSL CF Trunklid
See Garage for more
gizmo335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #107
Sara504
Lieutenant General
 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 17,671
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mandy View Post
^ ^
interesting.

Here's an update with mine. I used the Mother's product, grade 0000 steel wool and cotton gloves (saved my hands BIG time Sara )

BEFORE:


DURING:


AFTER:


**bling**:


End result after 45 minutes of polishing away:


I need to go back to do some finishing touch ups because it started to rain as I was finishing up.
__________________

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11
Sara504 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #108
#Tee
Chronic trollololer level 60
 
#Tee's Avatar
 
Drives: yes
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Socal

Posts: 4,778
iTrader: (1)

omgah that skin on the left corner! is that a nose or a down on bended knees.
__________________

#TeamStretchNpoke IG:Tee212
custom cf rear side diffuser add ons for sale (e9x,M3s,f3x) pm me for details. thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=962442
#Tee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #109
Sara504
Lieutenant General
 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 17,671
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretchNpoke View Post
omgah that skin on the left corner! is that a nose or a down on bended knees.
It's over teeshirt
__________________

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11
Sara504 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 11:52 PM   #110
Omar335i
El Capitan
 
Omar335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 Black Sapphire
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sunrise, FL

Posts: 288
iTrader: (5)

Mine don't get that dirty but I clean them once a week when I wash my car. But I do need to get the edge of the tip its a little dirty.
Omar335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST