E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Senate faces potential influx of conservative Republicans



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
cssnms
Brigadier General
cssnms's Avatar
United_States
77
Rep
3,180
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

iTrader: (4)

Exclamation Senate faces potential influx of conservative Republicans

"The Senate is likely to assume an even more conservative tenor come January as a crop of insurgent-minded Republicans replace some of the GOP's old guard in the upper chamber.

A transformation within the Republican Party that was first set in motion during the 2010 midterm elections appears set to continue in the Senate, following in the path blazed in the House during this term of Congress."

“The goal is not only getting the Republican majority, but getting a conservative majority -- a majority of the Republican majority,” said Brendan Steinhauser, the director of state and federal campaigns for FreedomWorks, a group that’s worked to elect Tea Party candidates the last two cycles. “In a lot of ways, we're just getting started.”

Don't sweat it though libs, when the Mormon dude wins he will probably govern from the center to keep the tea bagger Congress from shockin yer with too much of a dose of Constitutional medicine all at once

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news...publicans?lite
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
ScotchAndCigar's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
817
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Don't sweat it though libs, when the Mormon dude wins he will probably govern from the center to keep the tea bagger Congress from shockin yer with too much of a dose of Constitutional medicine all at once
If you can, give me just 1 example of "Constitutional medicine ".
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
M_Six
Free Thinker
M_Six's Avatar
United_States
126
Rep
5,080
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
If you think a bunch of far-right wingnuts are going to make things better you are going to be deeply disappointed. Politicians are politicians. They are going to do whatever is in their own best interest. And if any of these Tea Party idiots has an ounce of conscience or integrity, they'll tell the Wall Street special interests and lobbyists to go to hell. But they won't. The money will continue to flood into their war chests and after a few months they'll be bought and paid for just like the current crop of Congressional jackasses. As long as special interest groups are allowed to buy influence, we will have no action from Congress that is in the best interest of the country as a whole.
__________________
Mark
Flickr

"I know rocks. Rocks are hard."
-T. Walter
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #4
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
DieselDiner's Avatar
21
Rep
1,514
Posts

 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Home

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Politicians are politicians. They are going to do whatever is in their own best interest.
This. In politics, follow the money. The majority (not all) feed at most of the same troughs.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #5
cssnms
Brigadier General
cssnms's Avatar
United_States
77
Rep
3,180
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
If you think a bunch of far-right wingnuts are going to make things better you are going to be deeply disappointed. Politicians are politicians. They are going to do whatever is in their own best interest. And if any of these Tea Party idiots has an ounce of conscience or integrity, they'll tell the Wall Street special interests and lobbyists to go to hell. But they won't. The money will continue to flood into their war chests and after a few months they'll be bought and paid for just like the current crop of Congressional jackasses. As long as special interest groups are allowed to buy influence, we will have no action from Congress that is in the best interest of the country as a whole.
While i don't disagree with most of your points, in fact i very much agree as it relates to the under lying cooroption that exists in Washington, but where's'your hope? I am optimistic a new administration and some new blood in the Senate will result in progress and hopefully reform; to what degree is anyone's'guess. Special interest groups have been apart of our political landscape for a long time and it's'not just Wallstreet, and i do not expect that is going to change anytime soon - unfortunatley. I still have faith in the our country and most of its' citizens, albeit that's'been waning lately, they will send the message this election cycle and if not, the next and so on...
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #6
M_Six
Free Thinker
M_Six's Avatar
United_States
126
Rep
5,080
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
While i don't disagree with most of your points, in fact i very much agree as it relates to the under lying cooroption that exists in Washington, but where's'your hope? I am optimistic a new administration and some new blood in the Senate will result in progress and hopefully reform; to what degree is anyone's'guess. Special interest groups have been apart of our political landscape for a long time and it's'not just Wallstreet, and i do not expect that is going to change anytime soon - unfortunatley. I still have faith in the our country and most of its' citizens, albeit that's'been waning lately, they will send the message this election cycle and if not, the next and so on...
Well, you're better off than I if you still have hope. I'm fed up with both parties and disgusted with the system because it winks at things that should be considered outright corruption and disguises acts of treason as "party politics." I dread the future. Or more precisely, I'm just hoping I still will have a retirement nest egg in 15 years and get to enjoy it another 20 or so, but I live in fear that some Wall Street snake will find a way to "invest it" into someone else's pocket. I'm no economist, but I understand enough to see that we're only kidding ourselves if we think the current status quo is sustainable.

The health care system is a black hole sucking money away from people who can afford it less every year. Fewer and fewer people will be able to afford insurance, so more and more costs will be passed on to those who do have insurance. As the costs rise, more and more of those people will give up their insurance and the cycle will continue. In the end, the government will have no choice but to step in and nationalize health insurance. If someone can explain to me how I'm wrong and set my mind at ease, I'd be grateful.

The flow of money continues to go up the ladder and the middle class continues to shrink. There will come a time when the have-nots will be the vast majority. When no one has money to spend, the economy crashes and burns. I know way too many people who were doing quite well just a few years ago and who are struggling now.

The average American voter is only interested in "facts" that can be explained in 140 characters or less. God forbid they have to read anything in-depth before they go spouting off about things. We're more concerned about Chick-Fil-A Day than we are about Romney's tax plans should he be elected. We complain bitterly about Obama's vacations yet seem suddenly uninterested in whether or not his administration was handing an arsenal of weapons to the Mexican drug cartels. There are so many important questions that need to be asked and answered, yet the next shiny news tidbit that gets flashed in front of our faces will distract us and make us forget all about the important stuff.

Where's my hope, you ask? Long gone, long ago.


To make matters worse, I'm a die hard Red Sox fan. Now that's truly depressing.
__________________
Mark
Flickr

"I know rocks. Rocks are hard."
-T. Walter
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #7
cssnms
Brigadier General
cssnms's Avatar
United_States
77
Rep
3,180
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post


To make matters worse, I'm a die hard Red Sox fan. Now that's truly depressing.
Yea you're right, you're screwed.

Coincidently, I became Sox fan through my wife and her family (all born bread and raised in western MA) in addition to becoming friendly with Veritek and his now ex-wife Karen and Trot Nixon, plus a couple of other short-term players while living in Boston -- they lived in my building. They will have their day in the spotlight again.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST