E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Looking for good SoCal BMW Dealer/Service Adviser who is chill with MODIFICATIONS!

01-22-2012, 10:38 PM   #1
texxy
First Lieutenant

Drives: 335

Looking for good SoCal BMW Dealer/Service Adviser who is chill with MODIFICATIONS!

Hey guys just picked up my 335is and am loving it. I had another thread asking about this but people said I should post in the California section so here I am.

So I do not plan on modding until I break the car in so I have some time! But once it is broken in I want to mod/tune my car.

My concern is, how do you 335 owners deal with going to the dealer for service when you are all modded up. I know you can take out JB4 easily but I am talking also with intakes, springs, exhaust, etc...Also my car is a lease so it is not technically all mine to freely do what I want. I am just worried about them saying some BS thing with mods and void my warranty. Or can they even terminate my lease?

Anyone from SoCal is there a good dealer/service adviser someone can recommend to me in the area? The dealer in my district is "Pacific BMW" and we all know I am not going to head over there haha. I am looking for a very chill adviser to work with here if possible.

Thanks guys appreciate all the help! PLEASE HELP
      01-23-2012, 05:05 AM   #2
kiwi29
Team iTouge

Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

not sure if you'd wanna make the drive but Phan Nou at Long Beach BMW is very chill with modifications as long as it doesn't affect items such as MAF and O2 sensors and stuff like that, if you do make sure you tell him Viken sent you and from what i understand, they can't void your lease unless you do something major as swaping motors and stuff like that but lowered and exhaust is nothing honestly. not many SA's would trip over something so minor. and your warranty will hold as long as those items aren't the reason something is malfunctioning
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
kiwi29 is offline   United_States
      01-24-2012, 03:52 AM   #3
texxy
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi29 View Post
not sure if you'd wanna make the drive but Phan Nou at Long Beach BMW is very chill with modifications as long as it doesn't affect items such as MAF and O2 sensors and stuff like that, if you do make sure you tell him Viken sent you and from what i understand, they can't void your lease unless you do something major as swaping motors and stuff like that but lowered and exhaust is nothing honestly. not many SA's would trip over something so minor. and your warranty will hold as long as those items aren't the reason something is malfunctioning
Thanks man will keep you posted on that! Anyone one else?
      01-24-2012, 10:03 AM   #4
FarSeide
Private First Class

Drives: 07 335i e90 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW e90  [0.00]
Aaron at Crevier is cool. I go there with all my mods and haven't had an issue. As long your mods isn't the cause of the problem, it should be good anywhere... but I always take it to Aaron.
19" VMR Gunmetal 710 [F] 19 x 9.5 | 235/35/19 | [R] 19 x 10.5 | 265/30/19 | Hamann Style Front CF Lip | Blacklines | Blacked Out Emblems | HID 6K Fogs | Smoked Side Markers | M Performance CF SSK
      01-24-2012, 10:12 AM   #5
caliguy562
Lieutenant

Drives: E92 335i

To be perfectly honest, it's not the sa you have to be concerned with, but the shop foreman. They make the ultimate call on if a mod is the problem. Your SA will only be their messenger.
      01-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #6
John Dempsey
Banned

Drives: White 135i M-Sport

I have the same problem, but mine is pretty blunt, i have very bad waste gate rattle and also have macht schnell catless downpipes. So i think im screwed. But im still interested to see what anyone has to say about a good dealership.
John Dempsey is offline   United_States
      01-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #7
busta7777
Captain

Drives: RB N54 335iS

Send a message via AIM to busta7777 Send a message via Yahoo to busta7777
Jesse at mackenna bmw in norwalk tell him jared sent u hes super chill with mods will work with u
busta7777 is offline   United_States
      01-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #8
texxy
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarSeide View Post
Aaron at Crevier is cool. I go there with all my mods and haven't had an issue. As long your mods isn't the cause of the problem, it should be good anywhere... but I always take it to Aaron.
Kk thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy562 View Post
To be perfectly honest, it's not the sa you have to be concerned with, but the shop foreman. They make the ultimate call on if a mod is the problem. Your SA will only be their messenger.
This is true, but I am sure the SA will tell them what is up. Not to flag it/whatnot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by busta7777 View Post
Jesse at mackenna bmw in norwalk tell him jared sent u hes super chill with mods will work with u
How chill is he? Like what mods are we talking.
      01-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #9
John Dempsey
Banned

Drives: White 135i M-Sport

Are we talking like intake an axel back or like downpipes and fmic and stuff.
John Dempsey is offline   United_States
      01-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #10
texxy
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dempsey
Are we talking like intake an axel back or like downpipes and fmic and stuff.
Like intake, springs, exhaust
      01-26-2012, 04:01 AM   #11
caliguy562
Lieutenant

Drives: E92 335i

You can go anywhere with that and get work done. Axle back exhaust will not be an issue. Cat back...maybe depending on what kind of work you need done. For basic maintenance stuff, you'll have no problems with the mods listed. Develop wastegate rattle or a misfire and things get iffy.

I went to a dealer with meth, procede, intake, downpipes, exhaust, coilovers, etc. Not a thing was said, nor noted in the paperwork. Then again, I wasn't there for warranty work but a tpms malfunction that I had to pay for out of pocket.

Last edited by caliguy562; 01-26-2012 at 04:07 AM.
      01-26-2012, 01:22 PM   #12
busta7777
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by texxy View Post
Kk thank you!

This is true, but I am sure the SA will tell them what is up. Not to flag it/whatnot.

How chill is he? Like what mods are we talking.
hes reall chill man takes care of another forum member here too

i have springs exhaust system intake and jb4
sometimes he makes me take the jb4 of tho but lets me slide a lll the time
      01-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #13
RambleJ
Colonel

Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy562 View Post
This is exactly right.
RambleJ is offline   No_Country
      01-27-2012, 01:25 AM   #14
Whorning
Major

Drives: AW E90 335i

Garage List
Send a message via Skype™ to Whorning
Eric Ho at New Century BMW was quite understanding when I came into the dealership with my mods. He's really chill about it, especially because his own 3-series is modded as well

LCI Rear Conversion | Custom BBS CH l Karbonwerke CF CSL Trunk l Duke Dynamics Performance Diffuser | LTBMW Custom Molded Lip | ST Coilovers | JB3 PnP
Whorning is offline   Taiwan
      01-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #15
Billdozer
Enlisted Member

Drives: 335d

just be honest with them thats all and like what was said before most mods wont affect warranty items unless it's directly related to your mods of choice.
      08-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #16
texxy
First Lieutenant

Any updates on this you guys? Any better recommendations? I started going to Kev at Southbay BMW but he is always so suspicious and I don't really trust that. Every little thing he sees on my car he just says "nope sorry can't do anything to help".
      08-20-2012, 12:19 AM   #17
BRGmatthew
Bausman

Drives: around the block

Send a message via AIM to BRGmatthew
Quote:
Any updates on this you guys? Any better recommendations? I started going to Kev at Southbay BMW but he is always so suspicious and I don't really trust that. Every little thing he sees on my car he just says "nope sorry can't do anything to help".
might be a little far for you? Sidney at New Century bmw in Alhambra. He literally can care less on the mods you have. He's also the Service Manager.
BRGmatthew is offline   United_States
      08-20-2012, 01:37 AM   #18
BMWonderz
Private

Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Send a message via AIM to BMWonderz
Quote:
Originally Posted by busta7777 View Post
+1 jesse gutierrez at mckenna. he knows ivan and long from LTBMW. he's real chill and they often like working with cars that are modded cause the other stealerships don't welcome modded cars.
BMWonderz is offline   United_States
      08-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #19
texxy
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneout View Post
might be a little far for you? Sidney at New Century bmw in Alhambra. He literally can care less on the mods you have. He's also the Service Manager.
Not far at all I used to drive to South Bay BMW 35 min away where this is 20 min. I am super paranoid. I just havn't built a relationship with these SA's so I feel like my first time bringing it in to them will be weird.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWonderz View Post
+1 jesse gutierrez at mckenna. he knows ivan and long from LTBMW. he's real chill and they often like working with cars that are modded cause the other stealerships don't welcome modded cars.
OFTEN? lol why just often
      08-25-2012, 07:40 PM   #20
busta7777
Captain

Quote:
Not far at all I used to drive to South Bay BMW 35 min away where this is 20 min. I am super paranoid. I just havn't built a relationship with these SA's so I feel like my first time bringing it in to them will be weird.

OFTEN? lol why just often
I don't think it's OFTEN MORE like all the time.in my point of view he will work with u no matter wat just be straight up.