E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > E92 Xenon Globe Replacement



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-18-2013, 01:36 AM   #1
E92325i
First Lieutenant
Australia
4

 
E92325i's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 325i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Australia


Posts: 362
iTrader: (0)

E92 Xenon Globe Replacement

Hi Guys,

One of the xenon globes on my E92 has suddenly turned to a pinkish/red type colour and has lost a fair bit of it's strength/light output. I've had a quick read up on the net and the consensus seems to be that the globe is on it's way out and needs to be replaced.

Most places state the replacement globe style should be "D1S" for the E9X series but I've come across a source that lists the globe style for the Australian E9X's as "D2S"

Can anyone confirm that they are indeed D1S style globes?

Many Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 01:55 AM   #2
pavo335
Banned
32

 
pavo335's Avatar
 
Drives: 3.5 wheeler
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: sydney


Posts: 2,981
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92325i
Hi Guys,

One of the xenon globes on my E92 has suddenly turned to a pinkish/red type colour and has lost a fair bit of it's strength/light output. I've had a quick read up on the net and the consensus seems to be that the globe is on it's way out and needs to be replaced.

Most places state the replacement globe style should be "D1S" for the E9X series but I've come across a source that lists the globe style for the Australian E9X's as "D2S"

Can anyone confirm that they are indeed D1S style globes?

Many Thanks
Don't know where you are, but if your in syd let me know I have a set in my office you can have
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 02:00 AM   #3
E92325i
First Lieutenant
Australia
4

 
E92325i's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 325i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Australia


Posts: 362
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
Don't know where you are, but if your in syd let me know I have a set in my office you can have
I'm down in Melbourne Pavo335, is there anything on the globes themselves that you've got in your office to indicate if they are D1S or D2S?

I've checked all throughout the owners manual which just has a small section of Xenon globe replacement with words to the effect of "take it to your authorised BMW dealer to have them replaced"

My local dealer either genuinely had no clue on what style they are or he just didn't want to tell me
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 11:15 PM   #4
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
94


 
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes's Avatar
 
Drives: a black car
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sydney


Posts: 4,861
iTrader: (3)

It's D1s.

Am yet to see a late model Aus spec BMW with D2s
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 02:29 AM   #5
E92325i
First Lieutenant
Australia
4

 
E92325i's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 325i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Australia


Posts: 362
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart@BMRAutowerkes View Post
It's D1s.

Am yet to see a late model Aus spec BMW with D2s
Cheers Stu!

Would you happen to stock the genuine globes at BMR?

If so, could you PM me a price shipped to Melbourne, 3004
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 01:46 AM   #6
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
94


 
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes's Avatar
 
Drives: a black car
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sydney


Posts: 4,861
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92325i View Post
Cheers Stu!

Would you happen to stock the genuine globes at BMR?

If so, could you PM me a price shipped to Melbourne, 3004
No genuine ones in stock, I can either get genuine in for you else go for a set of quality aftermarket ones
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST