E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > VOLK| KW |18x10.5 l Sonic MS l WEKSOS l SE | hellagio | Echelon |Canon 7D.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-06-2012, 12:50 AM   #23
Embolus*335i
Private First Class
Embolus*335i's Avatar
Canada
2
Rep
163
Posts

 
Drives: E90 AW 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (13)

awesome ride
__________________
E90 Pre-LCI 335i Alpine White
COBB Stage 1 | M-Tech Kit + Performance Rear Diffuser | BBS LMs 19x8.5 +33/19x9.5 +33 on Hankook V12 235/265 | PE | CIC IDrive Retrofit | M3 Cluster Gauge | CF Kidney Grills | Custom BSM Interior Trim | M3 Steering Wheel | Blacklines | Performance Shifter/Handbrake Boot | MTEC V3 AE |
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 01:09 AM   #24
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
VTECaddict's Avatar
47
Rep
4,625
Posts

 
Drives: 06 330i 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bakersfield, CA

iTrader: (4)

Nice wheels, but some constructive criticism on the camera work...

Lay off the extreme camera angles and forced foreground object blur that has nothing to do with your picture. If the viewer has to crane their neck to see the picture or feels like they want to move something out of the way, you're doing it wrong. You want the viewer's eyes to be drawn to your photo subject, not a blobs of blurry leaves/flowers/fence that is in the way.

Not a fan of the photoshop blur either. It makes the picture look cheap and fake. If you want a shallower depth of field, shoot with the aperture wide open and/or use a longer focal length (zoom in more) and stand farther away. You might need a new lens for this.

Not trying to hate, but just saying you gotta start leaving those noob photographer habits behind and start working on your pro photographer skills.

The 7D is a great camera, and you're not doing it justice by relying on those amateur "creative" gimmicks in your pictures. There are times when those things can actually add to the picture, but more often than not it just makes the picture worse.
__________________
AW/Terra | ZSP | ZPP | ZCW | iDrive | CA
Mods: BC BR | OEM Blacklines | M-tech rear | custom dual exhaust | M3 steering wheel | BMW SSK | ZHP shift knob | BMW Performance rep spoiler
Varrstoen ES1 19x9.5+20 Front, 19x11+25 rear
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 01:28 AM   #25
kwsw
Lieutenant Colonel
kwsw's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,643
Posts

 
Drives: M235i In the slow lane
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ / SWFL

iTrader: (4)

I love the te37s and your exhaust is making me wish I had single side exhaust and a e90 .. Its all sick tho M3 front and roof spoiler Well Done
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 01:32 AM   #26
JGMODS
Major General
JGMODS's Avatar
United_States
110
Rep
5,666
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i Modded
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: US

iTrader: (19)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335I  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [3.44]
Send a message via AIM to JGMODS
looking good duy.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 03:15 AM   #27
Duy Euro
Lieutenant
Duy Euro's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
557
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: I'm easy. Put me in an interesting location with good people and I'm there.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
Which roof spoiler is that? Hamann or ACS? And the front rotor with the stock calipers? Looking for a stronger brake system without going BBK.
its a Rep Hamann , Stoptech Street Performance Brake Pads +Slotted/Drilled Rotors
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@PYSpeed.com View Post
Well done!
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECaddict View Post
Nice wheels, but some constructive criticism on the camera work...

Lay off the extreme camera angles and forced foreground object blur that has nothing to do with your picture. If the viewer has to crane their neck to see the picture or feels like they want to move something out of the way, you're doing it wrong. You want the viewer's eyes to be drawn to your photo subject, not a blobs of blurry leaves/flowers/fence that is in the way.

Not a fan of the photoshop blur either. It makes the picture look cheap and fake. If you want a shallower depth of field, shoot with the aperture wide open and/or use a longer focal length (zoom in more) and stand farther away. You might need a new lens for this.

Not trying to hate, but just saying you gotta start leaving those noob photographer habits behind and start working on your pro photographer skills.

The 7D is a great camera, and you're not doing it justice by relying on those amateur "creative" gimmicks in your pictures. There are times when those things can actually add to the picture, but more often than not it just makes the picture worse.
thanks a lot for some ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMODS View Post
looking good duy.
thanks Jay
__________________
#TeamstretchNpoke
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 05:15 AM   #28
N0OS3
Colonel
N0OS3's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
2,220
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oak Harbor, WA

iTrader: (5)

very sexy stance!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 05:53 AM   #29
SilverII
Colonel
United_States
28
Rep
2,336
Posts

 
Drives: '11 335IS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335IS  [4.83]
fat stance
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #30
AoS810
Second Lieutenant
AoS810's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
265
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 AW 328i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (5)

nice wheels! what are the specs and tire sizes? thanks!

*EDIT* 18x9.5 et22, 18x10.5 et20, can't find the tire sizes from ur other thread heh sry.

Last edited by AoS810; 08-10-2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: found info
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #31
AW335OME
Captain
AW335OME's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
868
Posts

 
Drives: MATTE BLACK 335is
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Jersey

iTrader: (0)

second to last pic is beautiful.
__________________
INSTAGRAM: BYZZNESS
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #32
Chrispy650
Lieutenant
Chrispy650's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
495
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: SoCal (Irvine)

iTrader: (2)

what exhaust is that?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #33
mattburch
Major
mattburch's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,292
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 e92 328i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: LA --> Laguna

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to mattburch
not feeling the sticker on the windshield and not really sure what you have dangling from your rear view mirror but I really like the wheel set up and M replica youve got on! any more plans for the rear of the car?
__________________
2009 e92 328i: Alpine White / Black Dakota / Gray Poplar / Manual / Premium / Sport / iPod & USB
Modifications: OEM M Sport Rear / Matte Black Kidneys / Painted Reflectors / 20% Window Tint / LUX 5.0 / GP Thunders
Corners / LED Sidemarkers / OEM M Foot Rest / OEM Performance SSK / Weisslicht White PY24W LED /
6000k D1S / CB2 Intake More To Come..
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 02:43 AM   #34
Duy Euro
Lieutenant
Duy Euro's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
557
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: I'm easy. Put me in an interesting location with good people and I'm there.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoS810 View Post
nice wheels! what are the specs and tire sizes? thanks!
front: 225/40/18 rear 245/35/18
*EDIT* 18x9.5 et22, 18x10.5 et20, can't find the tire sizes from ur other thread heh sry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335OME View Post
second to last pic is beautiful.
thank yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy650 View Post
what exhaust is that?
Highline Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattburch View Post
not feeling the sticker on the windshield and not really sure what you have dangling from your rear view mirror but I really like the wheel set up and M replica youve got on! any more plans for the rear of the car?
M tech
__________________
#TeamstretchNpoke
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 09:30 AM   #35
Volasko
Major
Volasko's Avatar
Canada
22
Rep
1,126
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 E90 330i BSM 6MT ZSP
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
I like everything but the stickers, especially the one on the front
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #36
pnutty
Lieutenant
6
Rep
495
Posts

 
Drives: 335
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cambridge, MA

iTrader: (11)

nice set up man!

What r the tire specs ur running?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #37
paragonautomotive
Enlisted Member
paragonautomotive's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
43
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 650i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (0)

Awesome
__________________
1999 E36 ///M3 Convertible - Techno Violet (a.k.a Salem)
2012 F13 650i - Carbon Black
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #38
beskone
Captain
beskone's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
915
Posts

 
Drives: LeMans BLue e92 335i LCI
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2012 e92 335i LCI  [0.00]
2009 e92 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECaddict View Post
Nice wheels, but some constructive criticism on the camera work...

Lay off the extreme camera angles and forced foreground object blur that has nothing to do with your picture. If the viewer has to crane their neck to see the picture or feels like they want to move something out of the way, you're doing it wrong. You want the viewer's eyes to be drawn to your photo subject, not a blobs of blurry leaves/flowers/fence that is in the way.

Not a fan of the photoshop blur either. It makes the picture look cheap and fake. If you want a shallower depth of field, shoot with the aperture wide open and/or use a longer focal length (zoom in more) and stand farther away. You might need a new lens for this.

Not trying to hate, but just saying you gotta start leaving those noob photographer habits behind and start working on your pro photographer skills.

The 7D is a great camera, and you're not doing it justice by relying on those amateur "creative" gimmicks in your pictures. There are times when those things can actually add to the picture, but more often than not it just makes the picture worse.
+1000 People really should refrain from posting what camera they use in post titles, you're just asking for extra scrutiny.

Aside from the above advice, your focus is wicked soft and your ISO setting are WAY to high, leading to a ton of grain which makes it look like you shot it on a cheap point and shoot and not a $1700 prosumer camera.

Go buy this book, then read it at least twice and shoot exclusively in "M" (Manual) mode, then you'll be off to a good start. When I first started in photography it was probably the biggest help with understanding the basics of what to do with my camera.

http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-.../dp/0817439390
__________________

e92 LCI LeMans Blue Saddle Brown Bamboo Anthracite Performance Grilles CF Performance Spoiler CF Performance Diffuser ACS Style Roof Spoiler LED Interior Lighting BMS Clutch Stop BMS Intake BMS CDV BMW Performance Exhaust ST V1 Coilovers Miro 111 Staggered More to come!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #39
Duy Euro
Lieutenant
Duy Euro's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
557
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: I'm easy. Put me in an interesting location with good people and I'm there.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutty View Post
nice set up man!

What r the tire specs ur running?
225/40/18 245/35/18

Quote:
Originally Posted by beskone View Post
+1000 People really should refrain from posting what camera they use in post titles, you're just asking for extra scrutiny.

Aside from the above advice, your focus is wicked soft and your ISO setting are WAY to high, leading to a ton of grain which makes it look like you shot it on a cheap point and shoot and not a $1700 prosumer camera.

Go buy this book, then read it at least twice and shoot exclusively in "M" (Manual) mode, then you'll be off to a good start. When I first started in photography it was probably the biggest help with understanding the basics of what to do with my camera.

http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-.../dp/0817439390
Thanks
__________________
#TeamstretchNpoke
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #40
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
jvsxn's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,720
Posts

 
Drives: e-ninety
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to jvsxn
Bro, your car reminds me of my skateboard with all the stickers.
__________________
Hiatus
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #41
Duy Euro
Lieutenant
Duy Euro's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
557
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: I'm easy. Put me in an interesting location with good people and I'm there.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT_Munkey View Post
Bro, your car reminds me of my skateboard with all the stickers.
hahha Jason...
__________________
#TeamstretchNpoke
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #42
Slow_335i
Daily Driven!
Slow_335i's Avatar
United_States
52
Rep
2,495
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Peoria IL

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [3.32]
looks good!

But you really took these with a canon 7d?

Looks like an IPhone, use a tripod next and you'll get much better results.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #43
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
jvsxn's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,720
Posts

 
Drives: e-ninety
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to jvsxn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duy Euro View Post
hahha Jason...
Lol. By the way.. post up an updated picture of your custom painted SLs now
Text or PM me Wheel Tech's price for color. I'm thinking about powdercoating my VMRs red or pick up mag blue ce28s
__________________
Hiatus
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 08:35 PM   #44
335Power
Captain
15
Rep
739
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: PA

iTrader: (11)

The roof spoiler on the BMW does not fit at all and the exhaust looks stupid hanging "JDM" style but other than that it looks good. The VW looks like shit all the way around.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST