E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > used after market downpipe



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
tonyortiz787
New Member
 
Drives: bmw 335i 2008 with cobb stage2
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: florida

Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

used after market downpipe

does anyone has a used aftermarket downpipe for sale let know if have one thanks.
tonyortiz787 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
EDM92
Colonel
 
EDM92's Avatar
 
Drives: Low&Slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida

Posts: 2,555
iTrader: (9)

Hope you aren't using a stage 2 map without downpipes.
__________________

Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
Broadway Static - CCW - Megan - Orion
Instagram: bmwforlife
EDM92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-19-2012, 07:19 PM   #3
tonyortiz787
New Member
 
Drives: bmw 335i 2008 with cobb stage2
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: florida

Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

Why I Talk To Someone Today In The Cobb Chat And They Told Me That I Can Because I Have The Bms Dual Cone Intake,forged Diverter Valvesand A Heliz Motorsport Fmic
tonyortiz787 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-19-2012, 11:32 PM   #4
EDM92
Colonel
 
EDM92's Avatar
 
Drives: Low&Slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida

Posts: 2,555
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyortiz787 View Post
Why I Talk To Someone Today In The Cobb Chat And They Told Me That I Can Because I Have The Bms Dual Cone Intake,forged Diverter Valvesand A Heliz Motorsport Fmic
No.
__________________

Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
Broadway Static - CCW - Megan - Orion
Instagram: bmwforlife
EDM92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #5
Abenitez
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: Black Sapphire E92 335is 2012
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Miami

Posts: 206
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2012 335is  [0.00]
I have brand new VRSF DP's still in the box for sale. PM me an offer if interested
__________________

2012 E92 335is -M Sport Package- 19in M Rims- Black Sapphire Metallic/ Coral Red / Glaciar trim, Rear diffuser. Black Grille, 5% window tint. K&N drop in Air filter. Scarlett
Abenitez is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #6
Glopez5
First Lieutenant
 
Glopez5's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 326
iTrader: (1)

isn't the 2012 an N55, i believe the OP has an N54.
__________________

07 E92 335i -BSM- Sport- iDrive- Premium- Cold Weather- Aero Lip- M3 Trunk Lip- Injen Dual Cone- Posi Quiet Ceramic Pads- R1 Premium Cross Drilled Rotors- H&R Sport -JB4+Ethonal- - Raceland DPs - Avant Garde M310- Alpine TypeR 10''- Alpine MRP-M500 Amp
Glopez5 is offline   Honduras
0
Reply With Quote
      07-20-2012, 02:48 PM   #7
pimp4cheddar
El Capitán
 
pimp4cheddar's Avatar
 
Drives: Mojave E92
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Florida

Posts: 1,778
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glopez5 View Post
isn't the 2012 an N55, i believe the OP has an N54.
He has an "is" which kept the N54...
pimp4cheddar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-20-2012, 02:50 PM   #8
benzy89
Banned
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
He's about to have busted turbos if he keeps running Stg 2 Maps w/o DPs
benzy89 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #9
E90Company
Major General
 
E90Company's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

Posts: 6,141
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
He's about to have busted turbos if he keeps running Stg 2 Maps w/o DPs
That's not true.
E90Company is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      07-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #10
benzy89
Banned
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
That's not true.
Are you just trolling ever post I make?? Stage 2 Maps for the COBB require catless DPs b/c of the increase of boost. Keeping the OEM DPs in will be too restrictive for airflow & after prolonged use, will damage & eventually break the turbines
benzy89 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #11
Glopez5
First Lieutenant
 
Glopez5's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 326
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp4cheddar View Post
He has an "is" which kept the N54...
thanks for the heads up I didn't know that.
__________________

07 E92 335i -BSM- Sport- iDrive- Premium- Cold Weather- Aero Lip- M3 Trunk Lip- Injen Dual Cone- Posi Quiet Ceramic Pads- R1 Premium Cross Drilled Rotors- H&R Sport -JB4+Ethonal- - Raceland DPs - Avant Garde M310- Alpine TypeR 10''- Alpine MRP-M500 Amp
Glopez5 is offline   Honduras
0
Reply With Quote
      07-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #12
benzy89
Banned
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glopez5 View Post
thanks for the heads up I didn't know that.
Besides the obvious switch between Model Yrs on the 135/335:

1M + 335is = N54
135is = N55
benzy89 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #13
E90Company
Major General
 
E90Company's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

Posts: 6,141
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
Are you just trolling ever post I make?? Stage 2 Maps for the COBB require catless DPs b/c of the increase of boost. Keeping the OEM DPs in will be too restrictive for airflow & after prolonged use, will damage & eventually break the turbines
No, just don't like when people give false info everywhere. Tell that to Hotrod182
E90Company is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      07-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #14
benzy89
Banned
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
No, just don't like when people give false info everywhere. Tell that to Hotrod182
??? Not sure what you mean with false info. If you were to run the OEM DPs on higher boost (14 psi+), there is a lack of necessary airflow because of the catalytic converters restrict the necessary airflow. Because the turbos will not get enough air, they will be put under a lot of stress, overwork themselves because the tune will not compensate to "save" the turbos & eventually they'll break.

I'm gonna keep it PG so I don't get banned from the forum, but you are sadly mistaken -- That why you thought something was wrong when all you heard was the sound created by the DCIs, that's why you jacked up your OEM DVs trying to make BOVs, but you'll still continue to think that I'm spreading "false" information.

I can promise you, a lot more PM me about help & an opinion on things (including yourself at one time) then ask you. By no means am I an N54 expert, but I without a doubt know more then you do. Let's not forget that I'm not the one making "Help save me something's wrong w/ my car" threads. Just let it go & stop trying to correct me bro
benzy89 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #15
E90Company
Major General
 
E90Company's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

Posts: 6,141
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
??? Not sure what you mean with false info. If you were to run the OEM DPs on higher boost (14 psi+), there is a lack of necessary airflow because of the catalytic converters restrict the necessary airflow. Because the turbos will not get enough air, they will be put under a lot of stress, overwork themselves because the tune will not compensate to "save" the turbos & eventually they'll break.

I'm gonna keep it PG so I don't get banned from the forum, but you are sadly mistaken -- That why you thought something was wrong when all you heard was the sound created by the DCIs, that's why you jacked up your OEM DVs trying to make BOVs, but you'll still continue to think that I'm spreading "false" information.

I can promise you, a lot more PM me about help & an opinion on things (including yourself at one time) then ask you. By no means am I an N54 expert, but I without a doubt know more then you do. Let's not forget that I'm not the one making "Help save me something's wrong w/ my car" threads. Just let it go & stop trying to correct me bro
Lmao. From the man who thought leaving the intake nipple unplugged would cause a boost leak. Ok.

Just stop jacking these threads. OP is looking for downpipes, not to hear you preach about what is bad and good for our turbos. If my turbos are going to break by running 16psi on E85, you are sadly mistaken. If you want to talk to me, do it through PM from now on because I know you might go on and on in this thread. OP, sorry.
E90Company is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      07-20-2012, 09:30 PM   #16
BoostAddict
Captain
 
BoostAddict's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM 335i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Posts: 912
iTrader: (4)

I think it was stated somewhere that the 1M and 335is downpipes were higher flowing and allowed this, but don't quote me on that. FWIW I'm pretty sure Stage 1+ aggressive has a much more aggressive boost curve... I always recommend to follow recommendations though.
__________________
I do Installs and flash tuning in South Florida
-2008 335i SGM on Terra 6mt
-1997 Jetta TDi 16v ABA Pt6266
-1997 M3 Pt6766
BoostAddict is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #17
benzy89
Banned
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostAddict View Post
I think it was stated somewhere that the 1M and 335is downpipes were higher flowing and allowed this, but don't quote me on that. FWIW I'm pretty sure Stage 1+ aggressive has a much more aggressive boost curve... I always recommend to follow recommendations though.
Tis tru, semi race-catted DPs compared to the reg 135/335/535 DPs
benzy89 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST