E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 320i Performance Exhaust and intake



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-23-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
Adrianho
New Member
 
Adrianho's Avatar
 
Drives: 320IA E90
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Molde

Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2005 BMW 320ia  [0.00]
320i Performance Exhaust and intake

I wonder how much more sound and eventually performance I can get out of changing to performance exhaust and sports filter on my 2005 320i?

I bought the car for about 2,5 months ago. I love it! The only thing I can point my finger on is that I need more exhaust sound and a little performance tweak.
Have looked at some exhuast kits that is said to enhance the performance.

Any ideas around this?
Adrianho is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #2
e9012345
Lieutenant
 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North York

Posts: 401
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianho View Post
I wonder how much more sound and eventually performance I can get out of changing to performance exhaust and sports filter on my 2005 320i?

I bought the car for about 2,5 months ago. I love it! The only thing I can point my finger on is that I need more exhaust sound and a little performance tweak.
Have looked at some exhuast kits that is said to enhance the performance.

Any ideas around this?
Not worth it bud. Your engines way too small and your car's way too heavy.

But if you choose to disregard.. the things that worked well for me were (I have a 3L i6 and I'm still slowwwwww as all hell):


I'm bored and want something to do mods which I did:
Scoops
Muffler Delete (sounds just like the Performance Exhaust for less than $300 with tips)
Higher flow intake/AFE Stage 2
Charcoal Delete


Things that actually made a difference and made driving way more enjoyable:
Lighter wheels and Tyres (switched from RFT's to V12's)
A CDV Delete
BMW Performance Shortshift kit..
ATE superblue + Hawk pads
e9012345 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
Adrianho
New Member
 
Adrianho's Avatar
 
Drives: 320IA E90
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Molde

Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2005 BMW 320ia  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e9012345 View Post
Not worth it bud. Your engines way too small and your car's way too heavy.

But if you choose to disregard.. the things that worked well for me were (I have a 3L i6 and I'm still slowwwwww as all hell):


I'm bored and want something to do mods which I did:
Scoops
Muffler Delete (sounds just like the Performance Exhaust for less than $300 with tips)
Higher flow intake/AFE Stage 2
Charcoal Delete


Things that actually made a difference and made driving way more enjoyable:
Lighter wheels and Tyres (switched from RFT's to V12's)
A CDV Delete
BMW Performance Shortshift kit..
ATE superblue + Hawk pads

How much did all the parts cost? And where did you buy them from?
Adrianho is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #4
e9012345
Lieutenant
 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North York

Posts: 401
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianho View Post
How much did all the parts cost? And where did you buy them from?
gahhh I don't even want to think about how much I paid for all of that stuff.. somewhere close to 5 grand I suppose. I bought them at various places online and in various locations local to me (speedtech, Maranello BMW etc.)
e9012345 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
monza2t
Private First Class
 
monza2t's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i, R52 Mini, F25 X3 x35
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kansas City

Posts: 161
iTrader: (0)

Most of the people on here have US market cars, and we dont get the 320i or 320d, you are better off with a european messageboard where there are going to be more users with 4-cylinder cars. I know there are quite a few bits out there as my friend that lives in Enland has a 320 saloon that gets up and goes pretty damn well with just a few mods (like exhaust, intake, and chip).

here is an example of other messagebords:
http://www.bmwfanatics.co.za/showthread.php?tid=10714
__________________
_____________________________________________
E90 328i Sport & Prem // R52 MINI S JCW // X3 x35i
62 Mini Cooper 997 // 62 Vespa // Laphroaig 30-yr
monza2t is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2005, 320i, automatic, bmw

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST