E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > numbers for Pure Stg2, FBO and Fuelit Stg2



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-17-2017, 01:10 PM   #1
2013_E92
First Lieutenant
2013_E92's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
335
Posts

Drives: 2013 E92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: San Luis Obispo

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [4.75]
numbers for Pure Stg2, FBO and Fuelit Stg2

Anyone with a N55 running the pure stage 2, FBO, and Fuel-it Stage 2 pump, with e50, what numbers are you making? hows the power/your own review of it?

going to be moving forward with this setup this summer, trying to see what people are making on the N55.
__________________
2013 E92 335i Build Thread | JB4 | E30 | BMS Intake | MPPK | MPE | XHP Custom TCU tune | VRSF DP | Mperf Aero | Mperf CF Lip | Mperf CF Spoiler | Toyo R888R | ECS Spacers
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2017, 02:39 PM   #2
CantCatchMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Romania
217
Rep
1,769
Posts

Drives: 2012 335i xdrive msport(E92)
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West Bloomfield, MI

iTrader: (2)

Your HPFP won't be able to compensate for the E50 fuel. You can run E30 or meth and E30, if you don't want to buy a PI kit to run E50 or straight E85.

I'm working on my pump 93 and E30 map right now on my FBO PS2.
__________________
VRSF 7" IC, VRSF CP, aFe panel filter, VRSF DP, Pure Inlet Pipe, MHD/Twisted Tuned, Performance Exhaust, Koni Yellows on Eibach Pro Kit springs, Turner adjustable front endlinks, R1 Concepts Slotted Rotors w/ Hawk 5.0 pads, VMR's 710, Fuel It Stage 2 LPFP, 3.5 TMAP, CYBA 3.8" black chrome exhaust tips, Orange Vinyl Wrap, CF bits, coding, Pure Stage 2 turbo w/ DV+(NGK plugs), xHP trans flash, and more.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2017, 03:08 PM   #3
jgottsman11
First Lieutenant
21
Rep
323
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: San Antonio TX

iTrader: (0)

I'm running E40 with no meth or PI on pure stage 2 just fine. 6 gallons of e85 and around 9 of 93 and no issues whatsoever. It's everything + more for what your street capabilities are. Pulls like a train
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2017, 03:46 PM   #4
weehe126
Major
139
Rep
1,309
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Antonio

iTrader: (1)

Running E30 at 22psi and 10 timing up top. I went from stock lpfp to fuel-it bucketless and didn't notice a difference. Don't think stage 2 lpfp is needed until PI.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2017, 07:22 PM   #5
jgottsman11
First Lieutenant
21
Rep
323
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: San Antonio TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by weehe126 View Post
Running E30 at 22psi and 10 timing up top. I went from stock lpfp to fuel-it bucketless and didn't notice a difference. Don't think stage 2 lpfp is needed until PI.
You're running 22 psi without meth or PI? Dm me. We're both in SA.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2017, 07:41 PM   #6
2013_E92
First Lieutenant
2013_E92's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
335
Posts

Drives: 2013 E92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: San Luis Obispo

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantCatchMe View Post
Your HPFP won't be able to compensate for the E50 fuel. You can run E30 or meth and E30, if you don't want to buy a PI kit to run E50 or straight E85.

I'm working on my pump 93 and E30 map right now on my FBO PS2.
Okay, the person who I bought this from was running it on e50 without issues with logs that were clean/protune (he was n54 tho), once I get it installed ill start out with a 50% E85 50% pump and see how it handles it, how are your maps for your e30 setup, what boost are you running and what are you putting down? if you know, much appreciated.
__________________
2013 E92 335i Build Thread | JB4 | E30 | BMS Intake | MPPK | MPE | XHP Custom TCU tune | VRSF DP | Mperf Aero | Mperf CF Lip | Mperf CF Spoiler | Toyo R888R | ECS Spacers
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 02:12 PM   #7
CantCatchMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Romania
217
Rep
1,769
Posts

Drives: 2012 335i xdrive msport(E92)
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West Bloomfield, MI

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_E92 View Post
Okay, the person who I bought this from was running it on e50 without issues with logs that were clean/protune (he was n54 tho), once I get it installed ill start out with a 50% E85 50% pump and see how it handles it, how are your maps for your e30 setup, what boost are you running and what are you putting down? if you know, much appreciated.
Definitely let us know how your car handles the E50 with the PS2. So far I'm working with Twisted on my pump map. I've peaked at 24psi a few times. Revisions will change it I assume but we'll see. Once we work on the E30 map, I will definitely post logs once everything is situated for people who are curious. I will not be heading to the dyno till August.
__________________
VRSF 7" IC, VRSF CP, aFe panel filter, VRSF DP, Pure Inlet Pipe, MHD/Twisted Tuned, Performance Exhaust, Koni Yellows on Eibach Pro Kit springs, Turner adjustable front endlinks, R1 Concepts Slotted Rotors w/ Hawk 5.0 pads, VMR's 710, Fuel It Stage 2 LPFP, 3.5 TMAP, CYBA 3.8" black chrome exhaust tips, Orange Vinyl Wrap, CF bits, coding, Pure Stage 2 turbo w/ DV+(NGK plugs), xHP trans flash, and more.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 02:20 PM   #8
Bours
Major
Canada
52
Rep
1,455
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i x-drive LCI sedan
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantCatchMe View Post
Your HPFP won't be able to compensate for the E50 fuel. You can run E30 or meth and E30, if you don't want to buy a PI kit to run E50 or straight E85.

I'm working on my pump 93 and E30 map right now on my FBO PS2.
Can you review ps2 since you just got it !? How does it feel man ?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 05:33 PM   #9
sw1183
Private First Class
sw1183's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
122
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bours View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantCatchMe View Post
Your HPFP won't be able to compensate for the E50 fuel. You can run E30 or meth and E30, if you don't want to buy a PI kit to run E50 or straight E85.

I'm working on my pump 93 and E30 map right now on my FBO PS2.
Can you review ps2 since you just got it !? How does it feel man ?
I'm running a FBO Stg 2 pure turbo with e65ish at 24-26psi (TBI). It does pull like a train when it's not misfiring. I have spent so much time trying to troubleshoot misfires with steve that I'm losing hope. I get my car back from walnut blasting and new gaskets Thursday night and will be spending the weekend dialing her back in for the dyno. I will then be switching to MHD custom tune with Ken and then re-dyno after MHD is tuned. I'll start a thread in a few weeks.

Mods in signature. Video is from 1/2 mi event at 23 psi. Ignore the first race against the FBO n54 - I was misfiring on the first race of the day and had to back off.

__________________
2011 N55 E90 335xi

Pure Turbos Stage 2 | Pure High Flow Turbo Inlet | GFB DV | JB4 FF Wires | Cobb BEF | Fuel-It! Stage 2 LPFP (e65) | Fuel-It! TBI Platinum | VRSF DP | VRSF CP | VRSF 7" FMIC | BMS CAI | BMS OCC | ER F30 TIC | N20 TMap | Alpina Trans Flash
Appreciate 2
      04-18-2017, 06:46 PM   #10
Bours
Major
Canada
52
Rep
1,455
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i x-drive LCI sedan
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1183 View Post
I'm running a FBO Stg 2 pure turbo with e65ish at 24-26psi (TBI). It does pull like a train when it's not misfiring. I have spent so much time trying to troubleshoot misfires with steve that I'm losing hope. I get my car back from walnut blasting and new gaskets Thursday night and will be spending the weekend dialing her back in for the dyno. I will then be switching to MHD custom tune with Ken and then re-dyno after MHD is tuned. I'll start a thread in a few weeks.

Mods in signature. Video is from 1/2 mi event at 23 psi. Ignore the first race against the FBO n54 - I was misfiring on the first race of the day and had to back off.

wow its gonna be great for the n55 community !

cant wait to see your dyno results with jb4 and after dyno with mhd flash only

btw is it misfiring all the time or only on high boost ?

if you run 21-22 psi can you do pulls without misfires ?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 08:11 PM   #11
jgottsman11
First Lieutenant
21
Rep
323
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: San Antonio TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1183 View Post
I'm running a FBO Stg 2 pure turbo with e65ish at 24-26psi (TBI). It does pull like a train when it's not misfiring. I have spent so much time trying to troubleshoot misfires with steve that I'm losing hope. I get my car back from walnut blasting and new gaskets Thursday night and will be spending the weekend dialing her back in for the dyno. I will then be switching to MHD custom tune with Ken and then re-dyno after MHD is tuned. I'll start a thread in a few weeks.

Mods in signature. Video is from 1/2 mi event at 23 psi. Ignore the first race against the FBO n54 - I was misfiring on the first race of the day and had to back off.

Reading this makes me happy with my current PS2 setup minus meth and PI. I'm running 19 psi E40 no misfires ever and it pulls as hard as I could ask for. Any more power and I'd be in trouble or spinning more than necessary
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2017, 12:47 AM   #12
sw1183
Private First Class
sw1183's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
122
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bours View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1183 View Post
I'm running a FBO Stg 2 pure turbo with e65ish at 24-26psi (TBI). It does pull like a train when it's not misfiring. I have spent so much time trying to troubleshoot misfires with steve that I'm losing hope. I get my car back from walnut blasting and new gaskets Thursday night and will be spending the weekend dialing her back in for the dyno. I will then be switching to MHD custom tune with Ken and then re-dyno after MHD is tuned. I'll start a thread in a few weeks.

Mods in signature. Video is from 1/2 mi event at 23 psi. Ignore the first race against the FBO n54 - I was misfiring on the first race of the day and had to back off.

wow its gonna be great for the n55 community !

cant wait to see your dyno results with jb4 and after dyno with mhd flash only

btw is it misfiring all the time or only on high boost ?

if you run 21-22 psi can you do pulls without misfires ?
To be honest, I do not remember. It's my weekend fun car and I don't remember what a map 7 feels like compared to a map 6. Been in the shop for 2 weeks and now that's it's nice out - I'm getting her ready for race season. I'll update you all shortly.
__________________
2011 N55 E90 335xi

Pure Turbos Stage 2 | Pure High Flow Turbo Inlet | GFB DV | JB4 FF Wires | Cobb BEF | Fuel-It! Stage 2 LPFP (e65) | Fuel-It! TBI Platinum | VRSF DP | VRSF CP | VRSF 7" FMIC | BMS CAI | BMS OCC | ER F30 TIC | N20 TMap | Alpina Trans Flash
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2017, 04:21 AM   #13
Mingwan
Second Lieutenant
64
Rep
262
Posts

Drives: Beastly
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (0)

Damn, you were killing some powerful cars. Then that 918 came along and was much faster than I expected.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2017, 11:14 AM   #14
sw1183
Private First Class
sw1183's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
122
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
Damn, you were killing some powerful cars. Then that 918 came along and was much faster than I expected.
I was wrong in the video. It's a 1400hp modified 918. Regardless - that thing is a beast and "someone" said it was worth 1.4M. I don't know if that's true though.
__________________
2011 N55 E90 335xi

Pure Turbos Stage 2 | Pure High Flow Turbo Inlet | GFB DV | JB4 FF Wires | Cobb BEF | Fuel-It! Stage 2 LPFP (e65) | Fuel-It! TBI Platinum | VRSF DP | VRSF CP | VRSF 7" FMIC | BMS CAI | BMS OCC | ER F30 TIC | N20 TMap | Alpina Trans Flash
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2017, 10:34 PM   #15
Bours
Major
Canada
52
Rep
1,455
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i x-drive LCI sedan
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1183 View Post
I was wrong in the video. It's a 1400hp modified 918. Regardless - that thing is a beast and "someone" said it was worth 1.4M. I don't know if that's true though.
do the cars get green light at same time ??? u seem like u pull 3 cars on 50m on them already lol

whats your 60 foot and have you quarter mile it before ?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 09:54 AM   #16
sw1183
Private First Class
sw1183's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
122
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bours View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1183 View Post
I was wrong in the video. It's a 1400hp modified 918. Regardless - that thing is a beast and "someone" said it was worth 1.4M. I don't know if that's true though.
do the cars get green light at same time ??? u seem like u pull 3 cars on 50m on them already lol

whats your 60 foot and have you quarter mile it before ?
We get the green light at the same time yes. I asked two of the RWD cars why they don't launch hard and they say because they don't want to spin. I then asked them why they did a burnout before we pulled to the line?

I am a consistent 1.60 60ft and a no misfire 24psi run is 11.2 @ 128 for me. At 26psi I have never had a flawless no misfire run but will do a 11.4 @ 130

The new Z06 was stock and I thought he would start to reel me in after 90ish but I stayed 4-5 cars ahead. If he had launched better it would have been a much better race.
__________________
2011 N55 E90 335xi

Pure Turbos Stage 2 | Pure High Flow Turbo Inlet | GFB DV | JB4 FF Wires | Cobb BEF | Fuel-It! Stage 2 LPFP (e65) | Fuel-It! TBI Platinum | VRSF DP | VRSF CP | VRSF 7" FMIC | BMS CAI | BMS OCC | ER F30 TIC | N20 TMap | Alpina Trans Flash
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 12:06 PM   #17
Bours
Major
Canada
52
Rep
1,455
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i x-drive LCI sedan
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1183 View Post
We get the green light at the same time yes. I asked two of the RWD cars why they don't launch hard and they say because they don't want to spin. I then asked them why they did a burnout before we pulled to the line?

I am a consistent 1.60 60ft and a no misfire 24psi run is 11.2 @ 128 for me. At 26psi I have never had a flawless no misfire run but will do a 11.4 @ 130

The new Z06 was stock and I thought he would start to reel me in after 90ish but I stayed 4-5 cars ahead. If he had launched better it would have been a much better race.
1.6 !? What is your launching technique ? My best is 1.7 and i get constant 1.8

Launch in 1st gear ?

Amazing im buying ps2 soon
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 12:58 PM   #18
hz_diesel
Major
73
Rep
1,195
Posts

Drives: 2012 E92 335ix
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: New England

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bours View Post
1.6 !? What is your launching technique ? My best is 1.7 and i get constant 1.8

Launch in 1st gear ?

Amazing im buying ps2 soon

Just do it already!

you going to do meth? or tbi/pi?

I want to do PI for my stage 2 but I don't want to have to flash the other map everytime I don't fill up with e50
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 02:58 PM   #19
sw1183
Private First Class
sw1183's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
122
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Sorry to hijack your thread 2013_e92.

Im TBI currently. This is not my daily so I keep e60-65 in it at all times and only bring her out on the weekends. I have traction control off 99% of the time and keep it in map 7 unless someone wants to play around and then I throw it in map 6.
__________________
2011 N55 E90 335xi

Pure Turbos Stage 2 | Pure High Flow Turbo Inlet | GFB DV | JB4 FF Wires | Cobb BEF | Fuel-It! Stage 2 LPFP (e65) | Fuel-It! TBI Platinum | VRSF DP | VRSF CP | VRSF 7" FMIC | BMS CAI | BMS OCC | ER F30 TIC | N20 TMap | Alpina Trans Flash
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 01:35 AM   #20
Bours
Major
Canada
52
Rep
1,455
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i x-drive LCI sedan
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hz_diesel View Post
Just do it already!

you going to do meth? or tbi/pi?

I want to do PI for my stage 2 but I don't want to have to flash the other map everytime I don't fill up with e50
Im staying with meth ! Ill run a splash of e maybe but no so often cause i need to ordse vp pure E (expensive ) or drive 5 hours to get some at the pump ( probably shitty mix )


Ps2 soon dont worry ! ( taxes return incoming )
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 01:41 AM   #21
Bours
Major
Canada
52
Rep
1,455
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i x-drive LCI sedan
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1183 View Post
Sorry to hijack your thread 2013_e92.

Im TBI currently. This is not my daily so I keep e60-65 in it at all times and only bring her out on the weekends. I have traction control off 99% of the time and keep it in map 7 unless someone wants to play around and then I throw it in map 6.
Pmed
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 01:16 PM   #22
2013_E92
First Lieutenant
2013_E92's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
335
Posts

Drives: 2013 E92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: San Luis Obispo

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1183 View Post
We get the green light at the same time yes. I asked two of the RWD cars why they don't launch hard and they say because they don't want to spin. I then asked them why they did a burnout before we pulled to the line?

I am a consistent 1.60 60ft and a no misfire 24psi run is 11.2 @ 128 for me. At 26psi I have never had a flawless no misfire run but will do a 11.4 @ 130

The new Z06 was stock and I thought he would start to reel me in after 90ish but I stayed 4-5 cars ahead. If he had launched better it would have been a much better race.
11.2 @128 is QUICK cant wait to get my build done!!!
__________________
2013 E92 335i Build Thread | JB4 | E30 | BMS Intake | MPPK | MPE | XHP Custom TCU tune | VRSF DP | Mperf Aero | Mperf CF Lip | Mperf CF Spoiler | Toyo R888R | ECS Spacers
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:39 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST