E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > P 5UML - Build Thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-01-2013, 07:08 AM   #155
AdamC
Captain
 
AdamC's Avatar
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: West Midlands - UK

Posts: 671
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Oooh you tease
When are they going on? We need to see proper pics!
AdamC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2013, 07:19 AM   #156
P 5UML
Major
 
P 5UML's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E92 325D M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: London

Posts: 1,463
iTrader: (1)

hahahaha! they are proper tease pics right! imagine how i feel! i am itching to get them on!

they are not BBS

and sam you are right its just protective tape!

they will have stretched rubber on em too!
__________________
P 5UML is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2013, 07:45 AM   #157
mob17
Brigadier General
 
mob17's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Middle Land, UK

Posts: 3,477
iTrader: (4)

Ah man they sound like they are going to look amazing!

When they going on?
mob17 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2013, 07:51 AM   #158
Ste133
Lieutenant
 
Ste133's Avatar
 
Drives: A diesel..
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SW London

Posts: 567
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Guys, the red is just a protective tape over the lip-- mine has a yellow tape for the time being haha.

Sumil I could be wrong!
How much of a moron do I feel right now? I thought he was teasing us with the colour of his rims. I fall for the tape trick...
Ste133 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2013, 08:59 AM   #159
colinc2
New Member
 
Drives: BMW M3 Alpine Edition
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bournemouth

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P 5UML View Post

New here so catching up with lots of reading when supposed to be working ...

This sits really nice and loving the CSL type wheels. Big fan of the pattern and if i go the M3 route later this year will have to have CSL type rims.

I see that this car appears in the advert photos on bmautosport web site too
colinc2 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2013, 09:20 AM   #160
P 5UML
Major
 
P 5UML's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E92 325D M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: London

Posts: 1,463
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Ah man they sound like they are going to look amazing!

When they going on?
lol thanks dude! with any hope they should be on in about 6-7 weeks! last thing to be on before its all finished!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste133 View Post
How much of a moron do I feel right now? I thought he was teasing us with the colour of his rims. I fall for the tape trick...
lol! easy mistake to make dude, when i first saw the wheels and saw the tape i was like wtf? so no worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinc2 View Post
New here so catching up with lots of reading when supposed to be working ...

This sits really nice and loving the CSL type wheels. Big fan of the pattern and if i go the M3 route later this year will have to have CSL type rims.

I see that this car appears in the advert photos on bmautosport web site too
ah thanks mate, its on the BC coilovers with just the rear lowered a little and the front a little higher due to the weather

the wheels are currently for sale so let me know if interested
yea got them from Mark @ BM he is a top bloke! glad you recognised the car
__________________
P 5UML is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #161
colinc2
New Member
 
Drives: BMW M3 Alpine Edition
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bournemouth

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P 5UML View Post

the wheels are currently for sale so let me know if interested
yea got them from Mark @ BM he is a top bloke! glad you recognised the car
I noticed they for sale and did think about buying for the future as i have plenty of garage space right now ...

My problem is that the M3 is def going to be a BMW dealer purchase , with the AUC warranty and they are funny about non-BMW rims. Just gives them a reason to wriggle on any diff/suspension issue.

If I can do a good deal on the 19" rims i have on my saloon (they come from the coupe I think) i might be able to afford the CSL rims from BMW
__________________
__________________________________________
colinc2 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #162
P 5UML
Major
 
P 5UML's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E92 325D M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: London

Posts: 1,463
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinc2 View Post
I noticed they for sale and did think about buying for the future as i have plenty of garage space right now ...

My problem is that the M3 is def going to be a BMW dealer purchase , with the AUC warranty and they are funny about non-BMW rims. Just gives them a reason to wriggle on any diff/suspension issue.

If I can do a good deal on the 19" rims i have on my saloon (they come from the coupe I think) i might be able to afford the CSL rims from BMW
ahh i see!

exciting times i bet you cant wait to get the M3! what a machine! make sure you post up when you get it!
__________________
P 5UML is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #163
colinc2
New Member
 
Drives: BMW M3 Alpine Edition
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bournemouth

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P 5UML View Post
ahh i see!

exciting times i bet you cant wait to get the M3! what a machine! make sure you post up when you get it!
Yes - that will make the full set of M3's for me!

And that is just one of the things that is swaying me to the M3 over the Mercedes C63 I test drove a couple of weeks ago.
__________________
__________________________________________
colinc2 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #164
JackR
First Lieutenant
 
JackR's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 330d SE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Somerset, United Kingdom

Posts: 301
iTrader: (0)

Sumil you may as well have not posted pictures - I'm about > < that close to PMing you to pester you for more info!!!!!!!
JackR is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #165
P 5UML
Major
 
P 5UML's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E92 325D M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: London

Posts: 1,463
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackR View Post
Sumil you may as well have not posted pictures - I'm about > < that close to PMing you to pester you for more info!!!!!!!
LOL!!!!!

i know i know! i just couldnt resist! how do you think i feel! i have had those pictures on my phone for about 3 months now! even i dont know what they fully look like on the car as i didnt take the pictures and wasnt there when they were taken!!!!
__________________
P 5UML is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #166
P 5UML
Major
 
P 5UML's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E92 325D M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: London

Posts: 1,463
iTrader: (1)

ok guys!

so audio is on the way....

here is all i have at the moment....



its going to be a little delayed and wont get it back until the weekend now but honestly cant wait...


ohh...

and i also have booked the car in for another Mod....

** cough...called up MIJ...cough***

(DannyB, i hate you!!) lol
__________________
P 5UML is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #167
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South East

Posts: 1,698
iTrader: (0)

What on earth are you talking about mate!!!!

The wheels are on the car I can see clearly in this pic.



So spill the beans now!
A_P is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 12:13 PM   #168
P 5UML
Major
 
P 5UML's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E92 325D M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: London

Posts: 1,463
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_P View Post
What on earth are you talking about mate!!!!

The wheels are on the car I can see clearly in this pic.



So spill the beans now!
hahahahahaha!!!!

dude! they were literally on the car to test the fitment and those pictures are the only ones i have! in the pics the wheel doesn't even have any tyres on it!!!

to be honest i just hope the hype is worth it when you see em now!!! lol
__________________
P 5UML is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #169
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South East

Posts: 1,698
iTrader: (0)

Judging by your previous attention to detail they will be worth it.
A_P is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #170
Danny.B.
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Danny.B.'s Avatar
 
Drives: E90 330d M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: England - Lincolnshire

Posts: 1,554
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P 5UML View Post

(DannyB, i hate you!!) lol

__________________
Danny.B. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #171
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,166
iTrader: (3)

*Cough* MIJ *COUGH* M3 exhaust build or 335 *cough*
__________________

Now: E92 335D, Custom Cars Branded
Gone But Not Forgotten: E90 320D Alpine White
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #172
P 5UML
Major
 
P 5UML's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E92 325D M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: London

Posts: 1,463
iTrader: (1)

Hahaha!!' Didn't realise you had a cough too Sam!!

4 strepsils are way too much!...

2 is just about right!!!

2 x 4" strepsils at that!!

Should sort that cough out
P 5UML is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #173
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,166
iTrader: (3)

Hahahahah, ahh that's better, that's my cough sorted right out

We'll have identical lower asses :|
__________________

Now: E92 335D, Custom Cars Branded
Gone But Not Forgotten: E90 320D Alpine White
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #174
Josh1a1h
Brigadier General
 
Josh1a1h's Avatar
 
Drives: SB Pre-LCI 335i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North London

Posts: 3,231
iTrader: (2)

Is that the wheels bolted on?

Can you please at least reveal the offsets and specs of the tyres you are going to run.

Looks like some stretch and poke correct

Have you rolled the rear arches? Cut the liners on front/rear? Cut the fender lips? Any negative camber?

If there are no pics you have to release the specs before I hunt you down haha I NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE RUNNING ARGH
__________________
| Resprayed Azurite Black Individual | Custom LED Headlights |
|1M Front & Custom Carbon splitter | M3 Side Skirts | CSL Boot | LCI Lights | Duke Dynamics Carbon Diffuser |
| Meister R Coilovers | Static + Cups | SSR Professor MS1 8.5"/10.5" 3-Piece Rims|
Josh1a1h is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #175
Hotcoupe
Major General
 
Hotcoupe's Avatar
 
Drives: Don't know yet!
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 6,098
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinc2 View Post
My problem is that the M3 is def going to be a BMW dealer purchase , with the AUC warranty and they are funny about non-BMW rims. Just gives them a reason to wriggle on any diff/suspension issue.
Colin,you're worrying unnecessarily, a wheel is a wheel,the fact that you might fit a non OEM wheel would be no reason whatsoever for BMW to deny any warranty claim on anything, period.

If they (dealer) have said anything of the sort,they are talking absolute bollocks,and are utter muppets.
__________________
=================================


Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Hotcoupe is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2013, 04:21 AM   #176
P 5UML
Major
 
P 5UML's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E92 325D M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: London

Posts: 1,463
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Hahahahah, ahh that's better, that's my cough sorted right out

We'll have identical lower asses :|
glad your feeling better

uh huh we will, just depends what diffuser you are going for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post
Is that the wheels bolted on?

Can you please at least reveal the offsets and specs of the tyres you are going to run.

Looks like some stretch and poke correct

Have you rolled the rear arches? Cut the liners on front/rear? Cut the fender lips? Any negative camber?

If there are no pics you have to release the specs before I hunt you down haha I NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE RUNNING ARGH
LOL!!!! josh....ok this is all i can say for the moment

as they stand the wheels have a very aggressive offset so there are some modifications still to do as they are 3 piece so i can customise them to how i want

the tyres i am going for will probably be

215/35/19 front
235/35/19 rear

which will give me hella poke and stretch

dude, are you running 4" tips on your exhaust??
__________________
P 5UML is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST